PDA

View Full Version : Kamloops Bear Hunting

LeverActionJunkie
04-18-2007, 11:09 PM
Any body been out for bears around the Loops yet? I was up 'round Knouff, Community Lake and upper Lewis Creek on the weekend. Still too much snow saw 5 whities though. Went up the Red Lake plateau road today, 'bout a foot of snow on the road just 4.5-5k up the road, but did see 13 mulies on the Red Lake-Criss Creek Road. Then it started snowing and I came across a tree laying on the road (no saw w/me) so I went home. I should no better but I'm getting itchy.

Just wondering what others have found or come across. Good hunting to ya.

Laurence_Erickson
04-18-2007, 11:40 PM
I went to valemount yesterday,I saw one big boar aroundthe thunder river .It's not all that green up there yet

steveo32
04-19-2007, 07:38 AM
Seen a monster boar 4 days in a row now just outside of merritt too bad he is on private property:twisted:

seen a few other dinkers but not much around kamloops

steve

Stone Sheep Steve
04-19-2007, 07:42 AM
Seen a monster boar 4 days in a row now just outside of merritt too bad he is on private property:twisted:
steve

Steve-Get out your predator call!! (or is he surrounded by private property?)

SSS

Wildfoot
04-19-2007, 01:31 PM
Went out yesterday around Knutsford. No bears :( Goin again today.

BearSniper
04-19-2007, 02:30 PM
Bears,

Went up towards Helmer lake exit area, still too much snow, then tried Lac le Juene turn off and fsr's, again too much snow.

Will try to keep to lower elevations for now perhaps in the Merrit -Pimanius lake area.

Wildfoot
04-19-2007, 02:52 PM
im hopin today will be the day :) its the last day i have to hunt with my wise bear mentor haha. I dunno where he is taking me.. but im sure its somewhere good.

My slick tricks need to taste blood. they told me so.

Will
04-19-2007, 03:02 PM
Lots of little fellas popping up around town now......seen 2 the other day in the fields below Westsyde road.

I agree there is still a fair bit of snow on the more popular upper areas but the Bears are out and about.....I'd wait abit for the bigger fellas though:wink:

Things are greening up nicely8-)

Duner
04-19-2007, 03:05 PM
I was up Louis Creek yesterday and saw nothing, but I still think it is a little early and not green enough yet. Tommorrow I am going out again and I am going to try going up around Knoff, I have never bear hunted these areas before so I am just going to look around. I drive a blue GMC 2 door yukon with a 6.5 diesel in case you run into me it would be nice to put a face to a name.

steveo32
04-19-2007, 04:42 PM
saw another smoker that reminded me of of the bear stone sheep steve filmed but then again what do i care i had no rifle:twisted: Maybe next week i will dust the old girl off and give that ******* a go:twisted: The other blackie is surrounded by private except for a sliver of crown but then again what do i want a jet black boar for i like my bears with some color preferably pamala blonde :lol:

steve

Wildfoot
04-20-2007, 12:37 PM
I got skunked. Haha I blame Kirby and his stream photography fetish! :lol: :lol:

Thanks again Craig! See you in Sept for deers & beers!

Kirby
04-20-2007, 01:27 PM
No problem, come back in a month and there will be some bears around to poke.

Kirby