PDA

View Full Version : Dall sheep hunt

bigben
06-24-2015, 07:16 PM
Hey guys just wondering if anyone hunting 6 29 for dall sheep my buddy at work was fortunate enough to draw this tag he has never been up there in the territory but has two young eager sons that are putting this hunt together as a family . If you have any information on this dall sheep draw it would be very much appreciated thank you BB

trail blazer
06-24-2015, 09:06 PM
are they flying in or walking?

.264winmag
06-24-2015, 09:17 PM
Not allowed to fly in there... Heard of a horse trail into the area but haven't got the draw yet, never been there to share any info.

yama49
06-24-2015, 09:46 PM
Not allowed to fly in there... Heard of a horse trail into the area but haven't got the draw yet, never been there to share any info.

Why cant you fly?

srupp
06-24-2015, 10:31 PM
Hmmm yup you can fly....
There is a horse trail...and a peddle bike trail..
Srupp

.264winmag
06-24-2015, 11:54 PM
My bad I guess, research I came up with says it is park that does not allow aircraft to land...Way I understood it was that fixed wing could be used in 28 but not 29. Huge game changer if I'm wrong cause I bought a plane:)

butcher
06-25-2015, 07:05 AM
Gotta get a permit to land on a strip but you can use a float plane.

Cali
06-25-2015, 10:13 AM
Butcher is correct, need a park permit for horse use as well.

.264winmag
06-25-2015, 10:47 AM
Gotta get a permit to land on a strip but you can use a float plane.

Thanks for that, I'll check into it. Strip meaning anywhere suitable for a bush plane or designated spots?

bigben
06-25-2015, 05:50 PM
Never been there and would like some information so far still don t know if I can fly in horse in or put on my white snow suit and act like a lost polar bear looking for a ice cap because of global warming thanxs for all the info so far BB

bighornbob
06-25-2015, 06:27 PM
Never been there and would like some information so far still don t know if I can fly in horse in or put on my white snow suit and act like a lost polar bear looking for a ice cap because of global warming thanxs for all the info so far BB

Lone could always phone the CO in Atlin and ask the expert.

butcher
06-26-2015, 07:30 AM
Thanks for that, I'll check into it. Strip meaning anywhere suitable for a bush plane or designated spots?

Not real sure to be honest but as in every permit application I'm sure they'll want you to be very specific on locations. As far as I know pulling a park use permit for the Tat is like pulling teeth. So what you need to do is put your plane on floats and join the BC floatplane association. Those guys get some perks as far as back country use is concerned.

Stone Sheep Steve
06-26-2015, 09:39 AM
Not real sure to be honest but as in every permit application I'm sure they'll want you to be very specific on locations. As far as I know pulling a park use permit for the Tat is like pulling teeth. So what you need to do is put your plane on floats and join the BC floatplane association. Those guys get some perks as far as back country use is concerned.

Gravel bars included.

Tuffcity
06-26-2015, 10:45 AM
http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/bcparks/explore/parkpgs/tatshens/

I don't think they've replaced the CO in Atlin since the last one left, might have to phone Dease Lake or Smithers.

RC

decker9
06-26-2015, 10:49 AM
http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/bcparks/explore/parkpgs/tatshens/

I don't think they've replaced the CO in Atlin since the last one left, might have to phone Dease Lake or Smithers.

RC

We were stopped by the CO in 6-27 this spring, he claimed he was from out of Atlin. Dident catch his name, nice fellow tho.

mfarrally
06-26-2015, 02:47 PM
Should probably save your money and just walk in on the trail on the west side of the highway across from the outfitters lodge. two easy river crossings and your in sheep country within a few hours.

Skull Hunter
06-28-2015, 12:36 PM
There is a CO based in Atlin.