PDA

View Full Version : Special Mountain Sheep Draw

Ferenc
06-18-2015, 08:31 PM
Deadline comming up to get these in... July 10th,would have been nice to have a Rosevelt Elk draw.. Maybe next year.. But can enjoy a liberal season if you get the sheep.. Heard you have to disclose either bighorn or thinhorn 15.75 per application and you can put as many as you want in...and if I'm not mistaken you have to also disclose where you want to hunt them if won.
Good luck

Sharpish
06-19-2015, 10:02 AM
When I submitted mine this year, the card I received to fill out had a section at the bottom where you were supposed to check off what region you wanted to hunt in ... this would be the same as saying bighorn/thinhorn as they don't live in the same areas of the province. (i.e. thinhorn in the north and bighorn in the south.)

I sent an email to the LEH people because in years past I never saw this requirement to specify where you were hunting; if you won the draw you could hunt up and down the province until you found and shot the Ram you wanted, any Ram. The lady from LEH responded and said I must have received 'old stock' of the entry cards and indeed there were no restrictions on species or region if you won.

Hope this helps, (won't matter anyways because I will be winning it. ahha)

Brian.

Ferenc
06-19-2015, 01:35 PM
Hey Brian thanks for the info... One party tried to hunt the Deadman creek area around Kamloops but were turned away.. This was in the past. 3-29. Think First Nations had something to do with it... On another note my brother at 83 mile house works out by Chasm and has been seeing some daily no
crankers though....yet ! : )

Grizz59
06-19-2015, 02:37 PM
If you enter more than one card can you put them all in one envelope.

Rackmastr
06-19-2015, 06:06 PM
Thanks for the reminder!

Lastcar
06-19-2015, 06:11 PM
I was going to say....shhhh...but on the other hand I wouldn't have remembered to grab 10 cards this afternoon. :)

Ok, now shhhh!

$100 directly to sheep conversation makes it worth it alone.

StuBrown
06-19-2015, 07:34 PM
I went to get mine at Wholesale Sports in Prince George. They already sent theirs back because they thought they had to be with regular limited entry May 22nd. Have to wait to Monday now and go to service BC.