PDA

View Full Version : Outdoor Ed class

backyardhunter3006
06-15-2015, 02:02 PM
Hey guys I go to Constable Neil Bruce middle school and do the outdoor Ed program. My teacher tony cescon is trying to get some wildlife/nature donations from the public to widen the kids understanding of the nature we live around. He will take anything from antlers to furs to anything you can think of. He will pick it up if it is in Kelowna and if not he will pay for the shipping to get it here. If you fire me a pm it will get to him. In the pm if you give me your name and phone number he will contact you. Thanks a ton guys and all of your donations are greatly appreciated.

backyardhunter3006
06-15-2015, 03:01 PM
New or old, it doesn't matter. He just wants to expose the kids to the different flora and fauna in our province. Thanks again

Whonnock Boy
06-15-2015, 03:28 PM
Maybe a call to the BCWF is in order. They are always willing to help when introducing new people to the heritage, and I think Fowl Language does a youth camp every year, so a message to him might help as well.

backyardhunter3006
06-15-2015, 03:58 PM
Thanks I will do that.

LupieHunter
06-15-2015, 04:51 PM
The new Hunter bootcamp is for youth/adults. Call the bcwf head office, they should be able to point you in the right direction.

boxhitch
06-15-2015, 10:40 PM
Not exactly reinventing the wheel
Lots of nature learning in the Oka Valley
Does the teacher have the knowledge base to go with the program ?
Allan Brooks Nature Center , F. Ritcey and the Bear Aware program , P. Wise on trapping and wilderness survival and animal awareness , Hug-a-tree ,

Teach should post up a wanted list , should bbe easy to fill on this site.

backyardhunter3006
06-16-2015, 06:38 AM
Yes the teacher hunts,fishes ect. But he just hasn't had the time to collect a whole bunch of stuff to bring in. He will even take a ratty old single shed because he can compare it to the other animals sheds and show the difference. Even a small donation of 1 antler or a rabbit skin would be awesome. He would post a list but he is pending on this site. Thanks again guys for all of the ideas.