PDA

View Full Version : First bear of the year

Bunner
06-08-2015, 12:30 PM
Well I went out for an evening hunt on Sunday June 7. Saw a bunch of bears on the way up but never presented themselves to be shot. It was getting to be around 7 before I wanted to start to heading back. I was quite a ways in the bush. My gut told me to try this spot I found in the fall. So as I approched I saw two big blacks about 400 yards away. I had the wind in my favor so I just sat there and waited for a shot but again they took off into the bush. So I waited to see if they would come back out. I heard one of them in the bush 5 mins later only 200 yards away now but still couldn't see him. I decided to try calling him out with a rabbit distress call. Not even knowing if it would work but it did. 30 seconds into it be can out straight at me. Now at 100 yards and closing still walking straight towards me. At about 75 yards he turned broad side and that was all I needed. He ran 10 feet and that was that. Nailed him right through the boiler tank. Well then the work began. And we all know how hat goes. Shot him with 300 win mag 180 nosler partition He measured out at just over 6 feet and I am guessing he weighed 350 plus. He was a brute to move
any how's another bear down.
One more thing. How do you post pictures on here. I got some but can't figure it out

Seeker
06-08-2015, 12:37 PM
Check out coach's sig line....tells you all you need to know about picture uploading

Bunner
06-08-2015, 12:41 PM
K will do. Get a few pics on here shortly