PDA

View Full Version : East kootenay Scum bags

Kootenaykid85
06-08-2015, 11:21 AM
.................................................. ......................................

325 wsm
06-08-2015, 12:04 PM
Seems like a select few B.C residents seem to think there are no borders. Yukon, Alberta ….. Alaska must be next, maybe Washington ? Conservation officers here in the Yukon are really watching our border now and I hope they catch anyone crossing over for our elusive dall rams.
If your not good enough to hunt according to the laws (at least to the best of your abilities) please stay home.
I will be guiding sheep hunters in the Tat area this year (Yukon side) and will video record ANY hunters I see and then find out which side of the border there licenses pertain to.
Good luck to all of you law abiding hunters this season.

The Hermit
06-08-2015, 12:17 PM
How do you propose to check their licenses/permits? I'm all for wilderness watch and reporting poachers and polluters but if some guy (especially a guide) walks up to me with a video camera demanding to see my license/permit the only thing he will get is my middle finger and a few choice words!

Drillbit
06-08-2015, 12:26 PM
How do you propose to check their licenses/permits? I'm all for wilderness watch and reporting poachers and polluters but if some guy (especially a guide) walks up to me with a video camera demanding to see my license/permit the only thing he will get is my middle finger and a few choice words!

No kidding.

325 - You better be prepared to fight for you camera pulling stunts like that. Not everybody will bend over for you

Caribou_lou
06-08-2015, 01:08 PM
I wouldn't hesitate to video somebody breaking the law. Resident or Guide. I write down license plate numbers all the time. Quite often of where guys are camping.

The Hermit
06-08-2015, 01:16 PM
Fine if someone is clearly breaking the law I have no issue with that but the OP is talking about "checking" their license/permits just because someone is out hunting, and THAT won't wash with me. It is akin to my walking up to you and demanding to see your drivers license just because you have car keys in your hand and I think you might drive recklessly... who the heck does he think he is?

Liveforthehunt
06-08-2015, 01:35 PM
Seems like a select few B.C residents seem to think there are no borders. Yukon, Alberta ….. Alaska must be next, maybe Washington ? Conservation officers here in the Yukon are really watching our border now and I hope they catch anyone crossing over for our elusive dall rams.
If your not good enough to hunt according to the laws (at least to the best of your abilities) please stay home.
I will be guiding sheep hunters in the Tat area this year (Yukon side) and will video record ANY hunters I see and then find out which side of the border there licenses pertain to.

Unless you are a CO it is not in your authority to take videos as well as check licenses . I think you should put some thought into what you post on here before piping up like Mr tough guy. And your a GO you say ! Haha I'll be hunting the border up there this year and if I so happen to cross the line with my gun who says I wasn't going for a walk in the great outdoors! Rifle just for protection :p.

J_T
06-08-2015, 01:59 PM
Gee Hermit, could have used you on the 'report a quad' thread. But you were off lollygagging around Britan. We should be cautious about judging people's actions based on our own assumptions, and we should know the limitations of our own authority. Breaking the law, in your opinion is completely different than someone who may have the permission to do what they are doing. Granted the case in point of illegally hunting deer or sheep in another province does make a valid point.

I do understand being observant and being aware and perhaps that awareness leads to some legal action. But that's different than confronting someone.

I get that we don't want violators, I get that we take that tarnished image personally.

Barracuda
06-08-2015, 02:31 PM
I don't think he means confronting them I think he means video taping them and then checking after the fact,

Fisher-Dude
06-08-2015, 02:33 PM
I'm not seeing much respect for the environment from that crew. But that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

http://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/11173384_10204932015314109_7524330568420179156_n.j pg?oh=ab53638009a3f020c1a0e7913ffbb046&oe=563181B2

Elkaholic
06-08-2015, 02:50 PM
Just so you are aware they are mudding in a place in that photo where it is allowed to happen. Give it a month and that will be underwater. Not defending any of their actions by any means, but that mudding photo nothing is going on there.

Fisher-Dude
06-08-2015, 03:13 PM
Just so you are aware they are mudding in a place in that photo where it is allowed to happen. Give it a month and that will be underwater. Not defending any of their actions by any means, but that mudding photo nothing is going on there.

Since when is mudding allowed on Crown land, within a waterbody's littoral area?

Good2bCanadian
06-08-2015, 03:24 PM
I'm not seeing much respect for the environment from that crew. But that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

http://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/11173384_10204932015314109_7524330568420179156_n.j pg?oh=ab53638009a3f020c1a0e7913ffbb046&oe=563181B2

Wow that looks really bad!
Makes clear cuts and strip mines seem pale in comparison.

Fisher-Dude
06-08-2015, 03:34 PM
Wow that looks really bad!
Makes clear cuts and strip mines seem pale in comparison.

Ask the fish and the other little critters who depend on that what they think.

Do you believe that it's fine to do wrong because someone else does more wrong than you?

ACE
06-08-2015, 03:37 PM
That looks like the Bighorn Reservoir (Abraham Lake) ...... Alberta ??
Guy having a piss .....

rides bike to work
06-08-2015, 04:08 PM
Looks like the fraser with cheam mountain in the back to me. Pretty much everyone drives on the shore there at low water even the cops and cos can't see how it could be illegal.

rocksteady
06-08-2015, 04:23 PM
Lake kookanusa happens every spring. "Not an issue" I have been told cause it's a reservoir, not a lake.

back to the original posts, they are not easy kootenay scumbags...they are just scumbags, no matter what their mailing address is...

.264winmag
06-08-2015, 05:10 PM
Don't agree with the mulie being poached obviously, could care less about a little mud bogging. Grew up doing that shit south of Revy. It's ok for them to dam the Columbia river system creating all kinds of havoc with water fluctuations etc but I can't go drive down there. Hell with that. As for some guy videotaping me and perhaps asking me questions not in his jurisdiction, well no comment or I'll be on a time out...

sky-gunner
06-08-2015, 05:14 PM

Oh my god, no! Not the mud, for the love of god dont hurt the mud.......

Whonnock Boy
06-08-2015, 05:18 PM
If it's the same buck, they actually posted it on the BC Hunting and Fishing page on October 4th. The OP pulled the photos after he was called on it. Social media can be a fickle bitch, can't she? :)

sky-gunner
06-08-2015, 05:25 PM
If it's the same buck, they actually posted it on the BC Hunting and Fishing page on October 4th. The OP pulled the photos after he was called on it. Social media can be a fickle bitch, can't she? :)

Yeah if its the same, that backfired didn't it. But then again if your dumb enough to poach and then post pictures publicly for people to see, well you get what you deserve lol.

cannotsin1
06-08-2015, 05:58 PM
Do not cross this line ! Or this line, or that one, or the new one I just made up. ! It`s all good the rain will wash those tracks right out !

J_T
06-08-2015, 06:21 PM
Gee maybe we're solving the lack of CO's concern. Just hire guys to cruise social media and send out the tickets by email. I feel a revenue stream coming on.

E.V.B.H.
06-08-2015, 06:33 PM
Do not cross this line ! Or this line, or that one, or the new one I just made up. ! It`s all good the rain will wash those tracks right out !

Stop trolling, I don't know if you are joking about your opinions or not but this was a serious offence. Basically you're saying you support and have no problem with poaching. Since hunting upsets you so much why don't you just quit and stop giving us all a bad name.

Ambush
06-08-2015, 06:56 PM
Cannotsin1

"Thou shalt not exasperate thy brethren by posting contrary, dick head rantings".

325 wsm
06-08-2015, 07:32 PM

I dont plan on checking their licenses. I will simply get out the sat phone and phone one of my buddies who are COs here and have them do it. Pretty simple and legal.
I sais I would find out not check. Please do not interperet words that are not written.

325 wsm
06-08-2015, 07:46 PM
In response to post # 9
Totally correct but the hermit seems to have the ability to construe words.

riflebuilder
06-08-2015, 07:47 PM
They are allowed to drive in the Mud at Koocanusa. they even have an annual mud race there before the reservoir fills up. Never done it but see guys doing it every year. Live about 10 minutes from where that picture was taken.

Drillbit
06-08-2015, 07:51 PM
I dont plan on checking their licenses. I will simply get out the sat phone and phone one of my buddies who are COs here and have them do it. Pretty simple and legal.
I sais I would find out not check. Please do not interperet words that are not written.

So....?

Let me get this straight

You're going to video every person you see?
Then figure out who they are somehow?
Then phone you CO buddies to see if they have the proper licences to hunt there?

Have you though about a career in Mall Security?

325 wsm
06-08-2015, 08:03 PM
So....?

Let me get this straight

You're going to video every person you see?
Then figure out who they are somehow?
Then phone you CO buddies to see if they have the proper licences to hunt there?

Have you though about a career in Mall Security?
Let me get this straight….you have no clue as to how few people are around there or as to where the access points are ….just another fart in the wind comment
Gave up mall security years ago after having to deal with to many people like you.
COs are itching for info about that area and appreciate any help they can get, they also love any reason to get a few more hours in the chopper.

snakeplain
06-08-2015, 08:17 PM
those co's should spend more time in the chopper going to the outfitters camps, video taping, and then getting them to clean up their gd garbage which is strewn all over the place, that would be the first place to start if they want something to do, good luck!!

.300WSMImpact!
06-08-2015, 08:20 PM

I find more guides cheat compared to resident hunters, I hope people film the guides and take record of all they do

325 wsm
06-08-2015, 08:49 PM
I find more guides cheat compared to resident hunters, I hope people film the guides and take record of all they do

If you are basing that by comparing an equal # of guides compared to an equal # of resident huters I wouldn't argue that point.
Residents witnessed and reported an offence here years ago that resulted in an outfitter loosing his area.
Honestly I dont care what proffesion a poacher or litterbug hides under.
I must say I am ashamed at times while guiding hunters in the logging areas of BC at the mess the logging companies leave behind.
Whomever it is should be reported.
The outfitter I worked for this year (and his american hunter) spent 3 hours cleaning up 4 bags of garbage at a nearby campsite left by residents (dont think they were hunters just partiers).
So it works both ways and people should be judged as individuals not grouped.

Liveforthehunt
06-08-2015, 08:52 PM
Let me get this straight….you have no clue as to how few people are around there or as to where the access points are ….just another fart in the wind comment
Gave up mall security years ago after having to deal with to many people like you.
COs are itching for info about that area and appreciate any help they can get, they also love any reason to get a few more hours in the chopper.

Co's should spend more time on ass hats like yourself opening your mouth trying to be the law chirping about one illigal hunt that happened years ago with a guy a few kms from the border. You can say what you like about putting words in your mouth but honestly what else could you be relating to ? We have lots of rams in bc so why don't you just zip your mouth and see how active your "hunting Yukon " Site is lol. See you up there shortly!!

bridger
06-08-2015, 08:52 PM

my advice. Put some Vaseline on the camera.

Sitkaspruce
06-08-2015, 09:09 PM
RAPP guys, we all have a responsibility to report what we see as possible non compliance issues while out and about. Let the guys who get paid to decide if it is worth pursuing deal with it.

Not sure why there is an argument about reporting.

Cheers

SS

325 wsm
06-08-2015, 09:13 PM
Co's should spend more time on ass hats like yourself opening your mouth trying to be the law chirping about one illigal hunt that happened years ago with a guy a few kms from the border. You can say what you like about putting words in your mouth but honestly what else could you be relating to ? We have lots of rams in bc so why don't you just zip your mouth and see how active your "hunting Yukon " Site is lol. See you up there shortly!!

Aw did I touch a soft spot..I was refering to 3 cases involving illegal poaching, 2 of which took place where I LIVE by BC residents. I guess 14 kilometers was just a slight error and should have been brushed under the carpet as so. Go ahead and defend the poachers if thats what turns your crank. The only way you will see me is if you are on the wrong side of the border and I am going to put some words in your mouth and suggest that you plan on crossing it if thats what it takes for you to get a ram.

Squamch
06-08-2015, 09:16 PM

Huh, I feel like that's not something COs can do with a BC license. Do Yukon licenses have pictures on them? Or are they somehow tied to license plates? I'm curious how a CO would determine if I'm a licensed hunter, based on a guide's phone call.

Trigger Happy
06-08-2015, 09:21 PM
You have way too much time on your hands partner! Reason you became a guide? Don't worry theirs enough ram for everyone!

325 wsm
06-08-2015, 09:39 PM
You have way too much time on your hands partner! Reason you became a guide? Don't worry theirs enough ram for everyone!
definitely enough for good hunters

E.V.B.H.
06-08-2015, 09:41 PM
Another one off the rails...

BCBear
06-08-2015, 09:42 PM
I wish we had a popcorn eating smiley face

Fisher-Dude
06-08-2015, 10:06 PM
Aw did I touch a soft spot..I was refering to 3 cases involving illegal poaching, 2 of which took place where I LIVE by BC residents. I guess 14 kilometers was just a slight error and should have been brushed under the carpet as so. Go ahead and defend the poachers if thats what turns your crank. The only way you will see me is if you are on the wrong side of the border and I am going to put some words in your mouth and suggest that you plan on crossing it if thats what it takes for you to get a ram.

Dude that was 14 km over the line was a guide, just like you.

Dude that was 18 km over the line was a guide, just like you.

I hope you catch more of those guide outfitters crossing the border illegally.

Drillbit
06-08-2015, 11:03 PM

Ahhh, CO's suckin' on the chopper teat.....I believe it.....probably the best "perk" of the job. They should be investigating the guides for the litter and meat left in the bush while they're out there. There's no way guys pack out an entire animal of usable meat, if they did, everyone would know what a wild sheep tastes like.

Where is this area? It sounds great!

325 wsm
06-09-2015, 06:22 AM
A DRILLBIT is just a TOOL

325 wsm
06-09-2015, 06:23 AM
Dude that was 14 km over the line was a guide, just like you.

Dude that was 18 km over the line was a guide, just like you.

I hope you catch more of those guide outfitters crossing the border illegally.

And BC residents…. just like you FD

.264winmag
06-09-2015, 07:03 AM
[QUOTE=Drillbit;1647922]Ahhh, CO's suckin' on the chopper teat.....I believe it.....probably the best "perk" of the job. They should be investigating the guides for the litter and meat left in the bush while they're out there. There's no way guys pack out an entire animal of usable meat, if they did, everyone would know what a wild sheep tastes like.

Good friends with a fellow that bucked up for a stone hunt last fall. AB resident or I'd have took him. Anyway $40k+ and they take him into where I hunt lol. Gets his ram, guide is doing all the caping/deboning quickly and says he's done. Buddy looks at him and says aren't you gonna open him up for the vitals and fillets? Long story short buddy scavenged all kinds of prime grub off that animal that would otherwise been left for the bears/wolves. We backpack all the way in there and take out more meat than that guide intended, and they got goddamn horses! Makes you wonder how much of that goes on?

BgBlkDg
06-09-2015, 07:42 AM
Years ago, I hunted with one of BC's top GOs on a "non-guided" basis and a couple of his guides, both BC boys, told me very openly that IF they could not fly all the meat left by foreign hunters out at end of season, it was quietly burned when they closed camp........

Meat, seems to be not important to the profits of some of these outfits and trophies are what matter.

I suspect that the COs know full well that this is going on, but, I can tell you after years working for the BCFS, AFS and even the BCF&W, you KEEP QUIET or you lose your job.

I know what I would do to correct this, but, it wont happen until most BCers are active in conservation and resource management.

325 wsm
06-09-2015, 07:48 AM
In the Yukon we have to take all edible meat portions including neck, brisket, shank and rib meat, not just 4 quarters and loins.
Last time I packed a ram out of the tat we took to trips. Got stopped by the CO in Haines Junction and he wanted to see the meat, he asked to see the tenderloins. When I reached in the bag I pulled out what felt like a tenderloin, it turned out to be one of the front shanks. His reply was that if I brought that out he didnt need to look at the rest of it.
They do a pretty good job here of checking all hunters and I have no desire to loose my license so do my best to adhere to the laws.
Inside tenderloins can be removed without opening up and spilling out the guts. Takes about 5 minutes and is the best meat there is.
Some people are just to lazy to do it right….bad on them.

FirePower
06-09-2015, 08:05 AM

I think you may have actually had a good post once, but it dies of loneliness. Your radicle ravings are really wearing thin, you have nothing constructive to ad to anyone's posts you simply use them as a soapbox to spew your garbage.

.264winmag
06-09-2015, 08:22 AM
In the Yukon we have to take all edible meat portions including neck, brisket, shank and rib meat, not just 4 quarters and loins.
Last time I packed a ram out of the tat we took to trips. Got stopped by the CO in Haines Junction and he wanted to see the meat, he asked to see the tenderloins. When I reached in the bag I pulled out what felt like a tenderloin, it turned out to be one of the front shanks. His reply was that if I brought that out he didnt need to look at the rest of it.
They do a pretty good job here of checking all hunters and I have no desire to loose my license so do my best to adhere to the laws.
Inside tenderloins can be removed without opening up and spilling out the guts. Takes about 5 minutes and is the best meat there is.

It is also the law here in bc to take all edible portions, not sure where it wouldn't be? Obviously it is not always being done by some GO's. I don't doubt you pack out all the meat, I'm curious how you'd get at heart/liver without opening it up a bit? 5 min sounds like too long for the bugs to eat me alive, dump the guts and be done with it lol. That liver is the best part of a ram IMO!

bearvalley
06-09-2015, 08:23 AM

Isnt that the truth on being lazy or finding out they bit off more than they can chew after taking the shot.
If all BC hunters followed the Yukons rules on meat recovery there would be no more accusations of wastage.
Some do.
Also included are pictures of the kill site and the GPS coordinates.
It's pretty hard to be falsely accused if you've done your part right.

325 wsm
06-09-2015, 08:29 AM
It is also the law here in bc to take all edible portions, not sure where it wouldn't be? Obviously it is not always being done by some GO's. I don't doubt you pack out all the meat, I'm curious how you'd get at heart/liver without opening it up a bit? 5 min sounds like too long for the bugs to eat me alive, dump the guts and be done with it lol. That liver is the best part of a ram IMO!
I dont take the vitals, its not a requirement or something i like to eat. Good on those that do but just not my thing.

325 wsm
06-09-2015, 08:32 AM
Isnt that the truth on being lazy or finding out they bit off more than they can chew after taking the shot.
If all BC hunters followed the Yukons rules on meat recovery there would be no more accusations of wastage.
Some do.
Also included are pictures of the kill site and the GPS coordinates.
It's pretty hard to be falsely accused if you've done your part right.

Used to take pictures after removing the meat but not in the last 10 years. I suppose with everything being digital (no cost of developing) now I should start again.
Always send 2 spot messages from the kill site.

Squamch
06-09-2015, 08:42 AM
Anyway, how does a CO check a license via a phone call from a guide? Are you required to notify COs when you are going into an area to hunt or how does that work?

Fisher-Dude
06-09-2015, 09:29 AM

Are you saying that you do the gutless on a BC ram and don't have to take neck or ribs?

325 wsm
06-09-2015, 09:59 AM
FD I am on the Yukon side of the Tat so not refering to BC rams. Rib. brisket and neck meat is easily (with experience) deboned from the carcass without removing the guts. When the animal is laying on its side the guts are usually several inches below the ribs and with a bit of caution the is no real risk of opening them up accidentally and tainting the meat.
Practice, practice, practice.

Fisher-Dude
06-09-2015, 10:51 AM
Note to those on the BC side who use the gutless method: recent correspondence with the COS has determined that ribs form part of the 4 "quarters."

People better not plan on fattening ravens.

Wild one
06-09-2015, 11:04 AM
GO bad no RH bad no GO bad no RH

This about sums up this thread

Reality is there are screw up's from both group

wideopenthrottle
06-09-2015, 11:29 AM
my advice. Put some Vaseline on the camera.

good one...heheheheh

Kootenaykid85
06-09-2015, 11:40 AM
Fun fact one of the three charged drew tat sheep this year, hopefully he has to wear a tracking bracelet

303savage
06-09-2015, 12:09 PM
Resident or Guide. I write down license plate numbers all the time. Quite often of where guys are camping.

You are just being a busy body.

Drillbit
06-09-2015, 12:18 PM
A DRILLBIT is just a TOOL

Clever!! You deserve a Hero cookie! lol

I guess I struck a nerve, eh. I'm not surprised. I've been around enough to see how it works.

Whonnock Boy
06-09-2015, 12:19 PM
How about a rat? Tattle tale? Snoop? How about a person that cares about what we all hold near and dear? I think this is a good practice that more of us should try and do. Maybe you should take your own advice, and mind your own business. ;)

You are just being a busy body.

Squamch
06-09-2015, 12:45 PM
Anyway, how does a CO check a license via a phone call from a guide? Are you required to notify COs when you are going into an area to hunt or how does that work?

Hello? Is this thing on?

Drillbit
06-09-2015, 01:33 PM
Hello? Is this thing on?

He's stick-handling pretty good away from that answer. I'm guessing the flaw in his plan is figuring out who the people are.

Hunters should have to wear licence plates, on their helmuts. Coming soon.

Is there a facial recognition app for GO's satellite phones.....? lol

325 wsm
06-09-2015, 01:38 PM
They would respond to a call (RAPP in BC and TIPS in the Yukon) by collecting any info they could from the initial response and investigating it further to determine whether any infractions were committed.
Similar to the RCMP responding to someone reporting a possible drunk driver.
Apparently photographic evidence is enough for them to base a case on even if they have to pursue the case in another province or territory.
I am not an attorney and am not aware of all the legalities involved and doubt you will get the perfect answer without doing some research.

Fisher-Dude
06-09-2015, 01:52 PM
They would respond to a call (RAPP in BC and TIPS in the Yukon) by collecting any info they could from the initial response and investigating it further to determine whether any infractions were possibly broken.

What's a broken infraction?

325 wsm
06-09-2015, 03:11 PM
This is my last post on this thread. I am posing the question to both Fisher Dude and Drillbit … would you report a person or persons or a situation to the authorities that or where you felt the law was being broken under the regional wildlife act ? A simple yes or no would suffice.

Drillbit
06-09-2015, 03:22 PM
This is my last post on this thread. I am posing the question to both Fisher Dude and Drillbit … would you report a person or persons or a situation to the authorities that or where you felt the law was being broken under the regional wildlife act ? A simple yes or no would suffice.

-"felt the law was being broken" No
-thought the law may have been broken. No

(If it was a GO to the first 2, then yes. They need to be checked on more by CO's, there has been too much evidence of abuse lately)

Knew %100 the law was being broken and the offence impacted myself, the wildlife or the environment in a negative way. Yes

J_T
06-09-2015, 04:04 PM
-"felt the law was being broken" No
-thought the law may have been broken. No

(If it was a GO to the first 2, then yes. They need to be checked on more by CO's, there has been too much evidence of abuse lately)

Knew %100 the law was being broken and the offence impacted myself, the wildlife or the environment in a negative way. Yes
^^ Agree, with exception of the GO, I really don't think I'm in any sort of authority to judge the actions of a business operating under a different set of rules.
The "felt" and "thought" the law was being broken is important. Again, it is not a question of judgement against what I believe is right or wrong based in my own ethic. IE mud boggin in Kucanusa

I think what people tend to think, is, you just call up a CO and it's done. But that isn't the case. Most times, when you report (and I've been involved with three reportings) it is your time that is consumed by the CO to gather your evidence. And in all cases for myself, they have chosen not to pursue. They 'talk' to the suspected violators, but turns out, shooting wt deer with a rifle in an archery season, or shooting at a person waving from a treestand, or shooting out of the back of a pick up, doesn't warrant further action. I do know of a successful reporting by my brother and my father that resulted in charges laid for an illegally taken sheep. And they got the meat.

I don't call guys in for driving on a quad with the crossbow cocked.

Unless it's a serious violation, save your phone call and your breath, mind your own business and hunt.

Sitkaspruce
06-09-2015, 08:32 PM
Note to those on the BC side who use the gutless method: recent correspondence with the COS has determined that ribs form part of the 4 "quarters."

People better not plan on fattening ravens.

Pat

Can you PM me that correspondence.

I would like to take to the guys I work with to see what they think. As a Guide and as a resident hunter, I have been checked a lot and not one CO has ever mentioned that the ribs are part of what I have to bring out of the bush when using the gutless method. The always check for sex, hair and ask if I have taken the tenderloin.....but never have they asked for the ribs.

Curious as to when this changed, if it has.

Cheers

SS

Squamch
06-09-2015, 10:13 PM
They would respond to a call (RAPP in BC and TIPS in the Yukon) by collecting any info they could from the initial response and investigating it further to determine whether any infractions were committed.
Similar to the RCMP responding to someone reporting a possible drunk driver.
Apparently photographic evidence is enough for them to base a case on even if they have to pursue the case in another province or territory.
I am not an attorney and am not aware of all the legalities involved and doubt you will get the perfect answer without doing some research.

If I call the rcmp and say "hey, is the guy driving a blue chev pickup on the pat bay highway a licensed driver?" They will say "We don't know, has he been doing something to warrant that question?"
If my reply was "He's driving." They're going to tell me to buzz off. I would hope a CO would do the same if you call them to report someone hunting. If you call in every single hunter you run across, to "have them checked," that is #1-going to lead to a colossal waste of limited resources, #2-going to lose you a lot of credibility with the folks you are reporting to, and #3-likely tie up those resources that could be dedicated to actually stopping abuse of our natural resources, if they do in fact take you seriously.

Gateholio
06-09-2015, 10:13 PM
Rib meat is easily removed in a few minutes. Nowhere requires the rib bone itself to be removed.

.300WSMImpact!
06-09-2015, 10:35 PM
If you are basing that by comparing an equal # of guides compared to an equal # of resident huters I wouldn't argue that point.
Residents witnessed and reported an offence here years ago that resulted in an outfitter loosing his area.
Honestly I dont care what proffesion a poacher or litterbug hides under.
I must say I am ashamed at times while guiding hunters in the logging areas of BC at the mess the logging companies leave behind.
Whomever it is should be reported.
The outfitter I worked for this year (and his american hunter) spent 3 hours cleaning up 4 bags of garbage at a nearby campsite left by residents (dont think they were hunters just partiers).
So it works both ways and people should be judged as individuals not grouped.

I am glad you work for a law abiding guide agency, we need more of them, from my experience I have seen that this is not the case, lets hope that turns around. As for residents I have never witnessed one cross the line, not saying it doesnt happen from what I have seen it doenst happen often

hunter1947
06-10-2015, 05:01 AM
As far as I am concerned they got off lucky should had been a stiffer sentence the scum bags come in all shapes and forms we as true obiding hunters to see something illegal being done report it to right away ,,we don't need these people that break the law out in bush nail them good and make them pay..

BgBlkDg
06-10-2015, 05:17 AM
^^^^^^^^ Absolutely, it is crucial that we hunters present and maintain a flawless image and azzholes like this do far more damage to that than many seem to realize.

Fisher-Dude
06-10-2015, 06:04 AM

Yes.

But if I had no idea if they had tags for GOS area A versus GOS area B, no. Who am I to guess?