PDA

View Full Version : Region 3 or 8 for a bear

russm
05-28-2015, 08:36 AM
Trying to decide where to go this weekend, I've been seeing some sign in Princeton the last couple of weekends, but more elk/deer sign than bear, I've seen one bear both times I've been up there, I was thinkin about going somewhere in region 3 this weekend but not sure where to go and it might be my last chance getting out so I don't want to waste a ton of time, any advice would be much appreciated.

bc_buckshot
05-28-2015, 09:01 AM
I think you answered your own question. If you seen one bear each time going up there why not head there again and this time will be a dead bear.

russm
05-28-2015, 09:06 AM
I'm pretty sure he's the same bear actually lol was in close to the same spot both times I seen him eating just off the road, he sees me first though and bolts into the thik trees right away, I'd like to get him he's a super nice cinnamon, was pretty surprised how much elk sign is around I saw my first cow elk last weekend so that was pretty cool....

Fisher-Dude
05-28-2015, 11:16 AM
I'd go right back to where you've seen a shooter. If he has good eats, he'll be hanging around the same area. When love fills the air in a week or two, he'll be on the move.

plumberjustin
05-28-2015, 01:12 PM
I've also been trying to decide on the best location to target bears next. Just got back from a 4 day trip where we covered plenty of area between region 2, 3 and 8. We hunted every road on the west side of the Coquihalla from Hope to the summit, then everything east of the Coquihalla and north of the Tulameen river. Only spotted a couple small sows with cubs, a ton of mule deer and 5 moose. I need to get me a shooter bear, maybe the Fraser Canyon is a better bet??

yota
05-29-2015, 08:04 AM
I just got back from fishing bluey lake and we saw 3 bears in that area but it was pretty thick bush.

Fisher-Dude
05-29-2015, 11:35 AM
I just got back from fishing bluey lake and we saw 3 bears in that area but it was pretty thick bush.

How was the fishin'?

kaptin
05-31-2015, 08:48 AM
I have been trying desperately to fill my tag. I have only seen 2 bears this spring. Went to Squamish yesterday and didn't even see one. I have one more weekend hopefully to fill it. I just haven't found a great location yet. Thinking of going back to region 3. When I use to hunt the island in the 90's it would be unheard of to see 5 bears to 8 bears a day. Doesn't mean you would get one. I just want to find a area where I can see a couple lol.

JasonH
05-31-2015, 10:19 AM
Went to Squamish yesterday and didn't even see one...

I've been out to Squamish twice now and the Harrison once, all in May, and I haven't seen a single bear. I've learned now that I should probably commit to driving for a bit before I pull off to increase the odds...

If anyone has any tips, much appreciated.

Heffernan89
05-31-2015, 04:22 PM
Been all over region 8 only saw one up in lumby area. Might head south towards ok fall here next weekend but next year I will defently go to another area.

GoatGuy
05-31-2015, 05:17 PM
If you're seeing them or seeing bear shit your into em.

People should be seeing bears in R8.

kaptin
06-01-2015, 07:03 AM
So you really have answered my question or rant. I need to go back to region 3 only place I've seen shit and a bear.

plumberjustin
06-01-2015, 08:53 AM
I was talking to an old conservation officer last weekend. He says, that in spring you hunt the habitat not the bears. If you're finding good signs of scat and munched grass and and ample food source, sit on it and the bears will come. Go back to where you last saw activity and you will likely put a bear on the ground.