PDA

View Full Version : Plano bow case

Edge
05-27-2015, 07:15 AM
So I picked up a Plano bow case when I got my Impact as the impact wouldn't fit the old case and it was looking ratty anyway. The bow fits fine but the foam arrow holders are a joke. They fell off by the time I got home. SOOOO, as I have a G5 headloc quiver, I started looking for a supply of bow mounts as a seperate accessory. No luck...so I contacted G5 directly and a very nice persona there replied. "Send me your address and I'll send you a couple"...SHE DID.. got them yesterday and the bow mount screws right in...HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY..Now for a fixture in the case that will hold release, range finder.....

Foxtail
05-27-2015, 08:53 AM
That is the kind of customer service that keeps customers for life. I have the Flambeau case and the arrow holders are rubber and fastened with bolts. As for the release, I leave mine on the string or under the handle.

Edge
05-27-2015, 09:02 AM
That is the kind of customer service that keeps customers for life. I have the Flambeau case and the arrow holders are rubber and fastened with bolts. As for the release, I leave mine on the string or under the handle.
I use a wrist release and usually tuck it under bow near velcro straps...just looking for something little more fancy..

allan
05-27-2015, 09:02 AM
FYI I use a Plano 44 case, it's deep enough that I can keep my quiver attached to my bow when I put it away.
I don't trust the cases arrow holders. Especially when I have broadheads on my arrows.

just something to consider.

Ambush
05-27-2015, 09:22 AM
NEVER store broad head tipped arrows in a bow case.
Unless they are in a quiver or separate arrow case.

The he inconvineince is nothing compared to opening your case to find a bow with the string cut and all floppy.
Or worse yet, you notice nothing wrong until you let and arrow go and there are bow parts flying around your face.

Put your spinner n the case to check any arrows that need broadheads, beyond what is already in your quiver.

Edge
05-27-2015, 09:25 AM
FYI I use a Plano 44 case, it's deep enough that I can keep my quiver attached to my bow when I put it away.
I don't trust the cases arrow holders. Especially when I have broadheads on my arrows.

just something to consider.
I don't trust the case arrow holders either. I screwed a bow mount for my G5 Headloc into the mounting posts in the case. I didn't really want to leave it on the bow and have it's weight resting on the arrows.. My $.02

J_T
05-27-2015, 10:42 AM
I've learned from the experience of others not to keep broadhead tipped arrows in my bowcase. When I return from the hunt, the quiver comes off and is stored separately.

Edge
05-27-2015, 01:12 PM
NEVER store broad head tipped arrows in a bow case.
Unless they are in a quiver or separate arrow case.

The he inconvineince is nothing compared to opening your case to find a bow with the string cut and all floppy.
Or worse yet, you notice nothing wrong until you let and arrow go and there are bow parts flying around your face.

Put your spinner n the case to check any arrows that need broadheads, beyond what is already in your quiver.

very good point and I don't typically do that. Usually only field tips IN A QUIVER....otherwise I carry outside of case.