PDA

View Full Version : scouting in Kimberly help?

hoochie
05-24-2015, 10:17 PM
work is sending me to Kimberly for a couple weeks, might be in cranbrook too.
Just wondering if people could give me an idea of where to start looking for a place I could scout now to possibly return in hunting season. I hear there are deer and elk, but trying to google search anything regarding hunting is useless.
Unless I was looking for resorts or golf courses.
I was hoping to get pointed in a direction or two and be able to go have a look after work or on a day off.
Still have lots of time.
any tips, pointers would be appreciated.
cheers.

GoatGuy
05-25-2015, 10:36 AM
St marys, redding etc elk

hoochie
05-25-2015, 03:48 PM
Ive heard of that but it doesn't mean anything to me yet. Not sure if its someone saying " go to Langley" or if its a FSR or what ever.

GoatGuy
05-25-2015, 04:22 PM
St. Mary's is a lake and river. Google it, you will turn up all kinds of info.

ursusbait
05-27-2015, 03:17 PM
Any luck finding info?

wideopenthrottle
05-27-2015, 03:39 PM
if you want whitetails just make friends with a farmer in Cranbrook they are like rabbits in that area..

Rhyno
05-30-2015, 10:19 AM
if you want whitetails just make friends with a farmer in Cranbrook they are like rabbits in that area..
Nope, antler less season killed em all.....it's like a waste land around here....no animals;)

hoochie
05-30-2015, 03:19 PM
im here now, been here a couple days. had a chance to drive toward cranbrook from here. See lots of small mule deer, walking all over the place.
I am much more interested in WT than mule deer.
And the place I'm staying, the "tourist" info is all about skiing and golf. LMAO not what I want.

Everett
05-30-2015, 04:39 PM
Pretty much go any direction from Kimberley and you will find deer and Elk there is no shortage.

rocksteady
05-30-2015, 05:20 PM
Everett... shut up...

No animals here, bare wasteland, like Rhyno says :)

Everett
05-30-2015, 06:22 PM
Everett... shut up...

No animals here, bare wasteland, like Rhyno says :)

Let me rephrase my response no animals left in the Ek we ate them all :-P

hoochie
05-30-2015, 07:45 PM
I had some time this afternoon after work to head down St Mary's rd. along the river toward the lake. Went past the farm with the Spanish sounding name. Saw a Mulie doe, one grouse, Cow elk and 2 WT does. All in areas marked "Private property". made my way across a bridge at the river and headed a few clicks up that road.
im here for 2 more weeks, I'll keep poking around.