PDA

View Full Version : best strategy for thick bush bear

chrismcd
05-24-2015, 02:36 PM
ive been dealing with a pesky bear knocking down my trail cam for the past month and a bit now, hes a real nice looking bear, hes local, but in a very dense area, bow only. im wondering what the best strategy for a bear like this would be. spot and stalk is out of question, maybe still hunting. lean against a tree and wait maybe, should i try and call? what type of call for bear. maybe i should give up on him. i dont have a tree stand so calling would be done on the ground which is pretty scary sounding. :confused::confused:

Sofa King
05-24-2015, 02:45 PM
whyd you set your cam in very dense brush?
he seems to have a thing for tcams.
set a few up in a more open area, one with a tree you can get up, and whack him when he comes to have his picture taken.

chrismcd
05-24-2015, 02:52 PM
i just wanted to know what was in the local woods its just hiking trail, a very underused trail,

when i say thick, its just alot of bushes and ferns trees arent to bad.
would calling help my chances or just make noise. i guess i could just sit on a branch, haha, tie a rope aroun my waist

monasheemountainman
05-24-2015, 02:55 PM
whyd you set your cam in very dense brush?
he seems to have a thing for tcams.
set a few up in a more open area, one with a tree you can get up, and whack him when he comes to have his picture taken.

that's baiting! I wouldn't use a call in dense brush, especially with a bow. I wouldn't use a call with a bow in a wide open field. Id walk in nice and slow and stick him while hes not looking

chrismcd
05-24-2015, 03:32 PM
is that actually baiting?
it seems like it might be according to the regulations but kind of iffy

monasheemountainman
05-24-2015, 04:43 PM
nah I was just playin dog