PDA

View Full Version : LEH Screw Up

Vladimir Poutine
05-23-2015, 06:05 PM
I got a call from my son last night. He got home from work and SURPRISE the LEH we had filled out for him for the VI Elk draw was mailed to him. I mean Jeezus, the address for the draw is on the card is where the stamp is. But it was mailed to him. On the 22nd. Too late to get it to Victoria in time now. So much for the automated sorting system.:mad:

05-23-2015, 08:51 PM
Was it for Nahmint? They were thinking of closing that on down mid stream

mikeboehm
05-23-2015, 08:57 PM
That's why you send them registered mail

last light
05-23-2015, 10:13 PM
That's too bad, sorry to hear that. Even though you won't make this years draw at least it's not a total waste because you can still save the card for next year.

boxhitch
05-24-2015, 04:09 AM
The card was forwarded to the 'Return' address instead of the 'To' address ?
Better call Sam and Dean

Downwind
05-24-2015, 06:30 AM
Try calling them on Monday and explain what happened. It should have some marking from the electronic scan that's dated. Worth a shot anyways.

Downwind
05-24-2015, 06:31 AM
That's too bad, sorry to hear that. Even though you won't make this years draw at least it's not a total waste because you can still save the card for next year.

You're assuming the numbers will be the same. That card is junk now that it has been filled out, most likely.

Vladimir Poutine
05-24-2015, 07:59 AM
None of the other individual cards have been returned, just this one. In the town I live in the staff at Can Post process hundreds of these and know the drill so the foul up is not on the sending end. I will simply have to send the individual cards in an envelope from now on. Never had this problem before.

Mik
05-24-2015, 08:04 AM
I had the same thing happen to my daughters Spring Grizz LEH entry ��

last light
05-24-2015, 01:14 PM
You're assuming the numbers will be the same. That card is junk now that it has been filled out, most likely.
Yes, you're right. Assuming the draw numbers stay the same you can still use this card as is for next year. If the numbers change you could still make a correction and utilize the card.

Daybreak
05-24-2015, 04:20 PM
I got a call from my son last night. He got home from work and SURPRISE the LEH we had filled out for him for the VI Elk draw was mailed to him. I mean Jeezus, the address for the draw is on the card is where the stamp is. But it was mailed to him. On the 22nd. Too late to get it to Victoria in time now. So much for the automated sorting system.:mad:

Well that sort of sucks although I can think of worse calls to get from a young son. As far as using the card next year, it has been suggested by a member here who is somewhat in the know that we will have an online LEH system in place for next year so the cards might be of little use by then. You could put a line through the hunt codes and re-enter codes for a spring GB hunt.

Vladimir Poutine
05-24-2015, 05:18 PM
Well that sort of sucks although I can think of worse calls to get from a young son. As far as using the card next year, it has been suggested by a member here who is somewhat in the know that we will have an online LEH system in place for next year so the cards might be of little use by then. You could put a line through the hunt codes and re-enter codes for a spring GB hunt.

Man I hope you are right about the draw going on line. My intel suggests not. The computer system needed for that has not been bought or budgeted as far as I know. Christy and her band of thieves need to get re elected so I doubt that MOE will get the $

d6dan
05-24-2015, 05:19 PM
I always put them in an envelope, One or five etc. They can't screw that up or can they?.

kgs
05-24-2015, 07:09 PM
I always send them in an envelope same thing happened to me 7 years ago lol never again lol

ROY-alty33
05-24-2015, 07:23 PM
$12 bucks is cheap piece of mind. Throw them in an express post envelop guarenteed to be there in two days (from Fraser Valley) with tracking info and signature if required. A single stamp is over a buck now anyways. Put mine in my buddies all in one envelope would have been over 12 bucks to send induvidually.
Hopefully we catch up to the rest of modern civilization and can do this electronically by next spring.

rcar
05-25-2015, 10:47 AM
I posted a similar topic a week or so ago as the same thing happened to me. I had enough time to send mine again. Post office explained the the computer scanned and read the wrong side. When you think about it for a minute it makes sense. The LEH card had 2 perfectly visible addresses on it.

Next year(if they haven't sorted the online application process) they are going in a regular envelope.

jedimaster
05-25-2015, 01:30 PM
The Ontario Draws are done online or via phone. They are conducted by a company in the US of EH. You have to agree to a whole huge spiel about the 9-11 act and forfeit your right to privacy and such. It was a big debacle in Ontario when it came.

Fisher-Dude
05-25-2015, 01:59 PM

Damned unionized postal workers. Time to go online and phase out the post office.

Vladimir Poutine
05-25-2015, 02:47 PM
Damned unionized postal workers. Time to go online and phase out the post office.

Well that was predictable albeit worthless.

Gateholio
05-25-2015, 02:53 PM
I expect online will be an option for the first few years, with cards still being accepted for the foreseeable future.

riflebuilder
05-25-2015, 07:13 PM
If it goes online I will not be able to run the guess the LEH contest anymore...We will just have to give the bullets to whoever gets the most nils or something.