PDA

View Full Version : Core course

zpruden
05-18-2015, 09:37 PM
Hey all

My daughter told me today that she wants to take her core course. Where in Vernon can I get the book and set her up to write the test?

Thanks in advance from a proud papa

Liveforthehunt
05-18-2015, 09:54 PM
Get the book from Dels and keep an eye out on here a gut in Kamloops has it once a month I'll try and get the contact info for you

Moe.JKU
05-18-2015, 10:26 PM
I think i have the book and can ship it to you if you can't get one. PM me if you need it.

mike-juliet
05-19-2015, 08:41 AM
I just did a course in Vernon last month, I will be scheduling another one for the month of June, shoot me a PM with your info and I will keep you posted on when I will be coming to town.

Thanks,

Matt

hillman
05-19-2015, 09:00 AM
Also check the BCWF website because CORE went on-line in March this year.

hare_assassin
05-19-2015, 09:03 AM
As evidenced by a recent thread, you can't go wrong with Matt. Since he's going to Vernon, that makes a lot of sense.

I can also highly recommend Alec Farquharson in Kamloops. Very good pricing. Contact me for info if you wish.

Get the book and have her read it cover-to-cover first, no matter who teaches her the course. That way she will be armed with questions and she will be able to learn a lot more than the basics from the instructor.

Regarding just challenging the exam (rather than taking the full course); both my daughters could have studied and passed the exam because they both have excellent memories, but they both said they are glad they took the course with Alec. The guy has 60 years of hunting experience to share, and he really wants kids to succeed and get out there and enjoy it as much as he does. The difference in price between just challenging the exams and taking the full course is 70 bucks. Easily worth it, in my opinion.

mike-juliet
05-19-2015, 09:03 AM
Also check the BCWF website because CORE went on-line in March this year.

You must still see an examiner to take the exams, the online course really is no different than doing self study with the CORE Manual.

As evidenced by a recent thread, you can't go wrong with Matt. Since he's going to Vernon, that makes a lot of sense.

I can also highly recommend Alec Farquharson in Kamloops. Very good pricing. Contact me for info if you wish.

Thank you for that, I appreciate the feedback!

I have also heard great things about Alec, I have never met him personally but due to his reputation I make a point to not teach in Kamloops and steal his business.

hillman
05-19-2015, 09:11 AM
Matt - yes an examiner must oversee and score each exam, but it's nice that the course is available on-line. It was a very long time coming.

sheep hunter
05-19-2015, 10:40 AM
I have a book you can borrow, i live in Vernon and can drop it off to you if you like ?

zpruden
05-19-2015, 05:03 PM
Thanks everyone for the info. Picked up the the book today and she is already nose deep in it. Hey Matt PM on the way