PDA

View Full Version : Snow, Krueger lake Road, Bowron river

BearSniper
04-15-2007, 07:32 AM
Has anyone been to, or heard any reports of the snow amount north of Barkerville and the Bowron Lakes entrance ? (reg 7-06)

Was thinking of doing a bear scouting trip next weekend towards Krueger Lake FSR, and Bowron River, but looking at the temperatures and weather I'm thinking it may be a bit too early.

The highway cams near Prince George seem to show alot of snow left on the ground. Maybe I'm too early. :confused: Perhaps still too much snow.

Any thoughts ?

Thanks

BearSniper

ALPINE
04-15-2007, 08:48 AM
East of Prince George 200 km's ( just over a few mountains from where you are looking) most snow has melted on the open clear cuts but in the valleys and bush there is still 10 -30 feet of snow. This was at Easter Weekend. Hopefully with more warmer weather and rain these areas will be more open soon. I know this isn't the area you are looking at but hopefully it helps a bit.

Krico
04-15-2007, 08:51 AM
If a guy has nothing to do for the weekend then give it a try, but if your "fun" weekends are limited (by family, work etc.) I would wait a little longer...Snowpack levels are somewhere between 120% and 150% of average, so it will likely be wet for a while. Unless you can find out that it has been plowed.

BearSniper
04-15-2007, 04:11 PM
Alpine & Krico

Thanks fellas.:smile:

I think I'll wait

A couple more weeks won't hurt.

30-06
04-15-2007, 04:43 PM
bear hunting here next weekend..it has been very warm the last few weeks mixed with a bit of rain..almost nothing in the valley..up high there is still some not much

BCrams
04-15-2007, 10:14 PM
I second Krico ...

I'd wait a bit longer.

Ride
04-16-2007, 06:54 AM
Had some friends in that area just this past weekend, they said there is still lots of snow. Still a foot deep easily in some areas.

oldtimer
04-16-2007, 07:45 PM
Snowmobilers still out there hot and heavy and cold rain in town today so possibly more snow out towards Barkerville / Bowron as well. WAY TOO EARLY !!! May 24 for the best. Mike

BearSniper
04-16-2007, 08:41 PM
Thanks oldtimer

May long weekend it is.....better to wait than drive all that way and get stuck or slip offroad into a creek. It would be just my luck:sad: to have a disaster. That would make the wife real happy:mad: