PDA

View Full Version : First Story

zpruden
05-18-2015, 01:58 PM
So I was going to take the kids to Mabel Lake this weekend for some camping and fishing, when at the last min my wife hijacked my trip and we where headed to Everly Rec Site.

All in all it was a good weekend got to get my boat on the water for the first time since relocating to the Vernon area. I also got to try out my new Big Horn 3 tent from Cabelas. I got to say I was pretty happy with my perches.
As for the fishing my son and I were even able to land a few smaller bows.
I think the highlite of the fishing was on the first night out on the water. It started out pretty slow, my son was excited to go out even though it was still a bit before the evening bite, So we loaded up and headed out. We went up by six mile creek and trolled around for quit some time, just when my son looked like he was ready to give up he go a bite on the line, the look on his face was priceless, then bam fish on. After a sort fight he got the fish up to the boat, and I netted him in and took the hook out of his mouth. My son looked at me and said "we should put him back he needs to get a lot bigger yet". From that moment he was hooked, thats all he wanted to do was be on the water fishing pole in hand.
Looking back I know how proud my dad must have felt the first time I landed a fish. I truly belive that there is no better way to spend time with your kids then on the water with a line in the water.

monasheemountainman
05-18-2015, 02:04 PM
sounds like a good trip! do you have any pictures?

markt308
05-18-2015, 03:05 PM
Right on man

zpruden
05-18-2015, 08:57 PM
Hey markt308 i checked out your you tube channel, some coo footage man.

zpruden
05-18-2015, 08:58 PM
I have a few pics of the tent set up, but I'm not very good when it comes to taking pics. Will try and figure out how to up load them.

HarryToolips
05-18-2015, 09:10 PM
Way to go, anything in the woods where your kid(s) actually enjoy themselves and want to spend time with ya out there is awesome...my boy is 2 and a half, and loves hikin with me already...can't wait to try fishin in a canoe with him hopefully soon, and hunting in a few years? Maybe..how old is your boy zpruden?

zpruden
05-18-2015, 09:30 PM
he just turned 8 and is starting to show a huge interest in fishing and hunting so that means that I'm going to get to spend a lot of time a field

f350ps
05-18-2015, 10:25 PM
Way to go Dad, that's probably THE best thing you could do for your son and will shape his life for the better! I got my daughter into fishing at 6yrs old and that was 22yrs ago, we're leaving Wednesday for 5 days so I'd say it's definitely still paying dividends! :) K