PDA

View Full Version : Hunting Partner Needed

cannotsin1
05-17-2015, 11:37 AM
I was looking for a person to simply hunt with never mind. Thanks

Who is the thief ? The man who hunts for food or the ones who make him pay for their gain to hunt that which is not theirs to sell?

monasheemountainman
05-17-2015, 12:05 PM
wow there are a lot of rules! do you at least put out?

monasheemountainman
05-17-2015, 12:05 PM
hahaha jk man im sure someone will take you up on it!

M.Dean
05-17-2015, 12:58 PM
hahaha jk man im sure someone will take you up on it! Well, at least this hunter is very straight forward! And yes, it's a good idea to get anything that does bother you out in the open, so who ever takes you up on your bid for a hunting partner, they'll know what your comfortable with, and what not. And don't feel bad about feeling skittish sleeping in a tent, there's been the odd night I've slept with "Charlene", my 300 Rem Mag, loaded to the 9's in bear country! I'm sure there's someone on here that could use the company on a up and coming hunting weekend. So keep your rifle clean and well oiled, your boots dry, and get your hunt'in knife razor sharp, and good luck with your LEH draw! Were looking forward to reading your hunting story's this fall!

The Dawg
05-17-2015, 02:17 PM
wow there are a lot of rules! do you at least put out?

No.

Look at the name :)

Cannot Sin

cannotsin1
05-18-2015, 09:38 AM
YES 1 John 3: 9 :-D

cannotsin1
05-18-2015, 09:45 AM
Thanks for your response and encouragement I pack a 300 Win Mag myself there are many like it but this one is mine . I have not given it a name though perhaps shit that hurts or flinch ? Cheers

BearStump
05-18-2015, 12:43 PM
I am now studding the LEH to submit now for that
better hurry up, they need to be in Victoria in less than 4 days.....

M.Dean
05-18-2015, 06:02 PM
Thanks for your response and encouragement I pack a 300 Win Mag myself there are many like it but this one is mine . I have not given it a name though perhaps shit that hurts or flinch ? Cheers Got another 300 Mag too,it's a Tikka T-3, black barrel, stock etc, named that one "OJ", cuz it's real black, and it's a deadly killer!

cannotsin1
05-18-2015, 09:20 PM
Tikkas are nice I was looking at them and decided on a Savage 116 Stainless with the fancy trigger and stock. Wonder what the line is with naming inanimate objects. Do people name their trophies on the wall? Do people name their socks. My guitars names are precious and whitey and my kid named her socks Ted and Ned :lol:

cannotsin1
05-18-2015, 09:43 PM
Yes indeed Thanks

buck nash
05-19-2015, 02:03 AM
I named my gun Wilson after I started talking to it on a week long solo trip

cannotsin1
05-21-2015, 06:33 PM
Thanks for the reminder Bearstump ! I sent them in on Tuesday via over night. Hoping for the best this year.

cannotsin1
05-21-2015, 06:35 PM
You have to say it right WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILSON !

elch jager
05-23-2015, 11:46 AM
I couldn't get past the "stud looking to do moose" in the original post without laughing out loud. Spell check is your friend. ..
Kidding aside. .. it is tough to find a crew willing to risk their hunt on an unknown. Best of luck to you - I was in your spot years ago. It may be worth while to recruit a friend and introduce them to hunting. It's a great gift to give.

cannotsin1
05-24-2015, 01:01 PM
I laughed to when you pointed that out. Glad you got a laugh out of it. I do not want to hunt with a crew and I won`t risk any one`s hunt. Just looking for a partner to hunt with that's all.

doddatto
07-04-2015, 12:01 PM
Ive been looking for a hunting buddy for the last couple years, im a new hunter, but have done lots of scouting and research.. im located in coquitlam if you're still looking for a hunting buddy.

ducktoller
07-04-2015, 07:40 PM
I couldn't get past the "stud looking to do moose" in the original post without laughing out loud. Spell check is your friend. ..
Kidding aside. .. it is tough to find a crew willing to risk their hunt on an unknown. Best of luck to you - I was in your spot years ago. It may be worth while to recruit a friend and introduce them to hunting. It's a great gift to give.

I instantly thought of moose from the Archie comics.

As an aside I'm newer and would be interested in meeting up for a hunt. TBH time is likely pretty limited this fall due to funds and career so not sure how much I will actually get to go out.

Also the original post is deleted so I don't know the "rules".

DOn't worry about the tent, I carry my gun in mine too.

brian
07-15-2015, 10:04 PM
Wonder what the line is with naming inanimate objects.

The day my daughter was born I named my shotgun Chastity. In future whenever she brings a new boy home I'll be sure to be cleaning old Chastity Belt. Man is she going to think I am such a dork when she gets older!