PDA

View Full Version : locations to sight in close to delta?

jedimaster
05-17-2015, 09:09 AM
Just wondering if anyone knows a place near delta I can zip out to and sight in a rifle? I found this link, but I presume much of the areas are farms and such.https://silvercore.wordpress.com/2014/04/09/legal-firearms-discharge-areas-in-lower-mainland-of-bc-silvercore-firearms-training-bc/
Idally would like to find a place with room for about 300 yards but really a 100 will do. If this type of info typically stays quiet out of public eye pm me. Thanks folks.

adriaticum
05-17-2015, 09:32 AM
Poco rod and gun

jessonml
05-17-2015, 09:37 AM
You will burn much more fuel than the $20 drop in fee at Poco trying to find a good spot in the bush.
Poco only has 200 yards. Mission Rod and gun has 300 but you will need to become a member unless you go at specific non-member sight in times. Both ranges have websites where you can see the schedule.

brian
05-17-2015, 10:11 AM
Closest bush shooting to the GVRD is out by Mission, and I hear it can be a gong show out that way. Every community before that has local shooting restrictions for rifles. Most of the areas north of the GVRD is watershed with no Access or is parkland with no shooting. The sea to sky has a no shooting corridor until 1 km inland up till Squamish, getting past that would be a hell of a hike to zip out and sight. Otherwise the closest north is down Furry Creek FSR which is gated. Next option is up past Squamish. SO your best off heading up to Poco, but be warned it can get pretty busy up there being the only place to shoot. I used to go up just at lunch, when all the eager morning shooters have left to go eat and the afternoon shooter haven't shown up yet. Sometimes you can squeeze in without waiting.

jedimaster
05-17-2015, 10:31 AM
Thanks, will check out the poco range. Is anyone a member there or a member at the mission club? I am not adverse to joining a club. I would have joined in Ontario before but all the clubs had mandi tory meetings and volunteer times and stuff like that. Not sure if I have the time to do a bunch of stuff like that.

keoke
05-17-2015, 11:05 AM
It's delta just find a place and blast away. The cops won't care as long as your not shooting any gangsters

jedimaster
05-17-2015, 12:35 PM
Yah, I hear you on that. Actually right after posting the last message I went out to the truck to go to the store and my truck window was smashed and broken into. I didn't have anything stolen but they emptied the glove box and of course glass everywhere. Not enough damage for insurance to claim and no investigation from the cops. Oh well. They did show up and look round asked the neighbors etc...

Edzzed
05-17-2015, 01:28 PM
I took my rifle up to the back end of Allouette lake. I burned a bit of fuel going out there but made up for it in firewood I brought home.

Papa Sasquatch
05-17-2015, 06:16 PM
Coming to Port Kell In the near future is TheRangeLangley.Com

brian
05-17-2015, 08:09 PM
I used to be a member at Poco. There are no mandatory meetings nor make work programs. They do have a mandatory range user course for new members, it just takes a morning. It is a busy heavily used range and the range wardens were all good guys when I was going there. You don't need a membership to shoot there, drop in fee is around $20.

Roe
05-17-2015, 11:50 PM
A member can sign you in at Mission for a cost of $20 plus $2 for your yellow flag. (plastic cue for your chamber) Mission has a 300yard range.

Jimbo
05-18-2015, 10:34 AM
A day pass at PoCo is $25

duckhunter1488
05-18-2015, 06:09 PM
I highly suggest POCO as thats where I took mine and there was actually a staff member there that was way more than helpful and gave me tips/tricks for my first time out with a brand new gun and helped me sight the rifle in! Clean, friendly, and good drop in rate for what you get.

Beaverhunter
05-18-2015, 08:04 PM
I took my rifle up to the back end of Allouette lake. I burned a bit of fuel going out there but made up for it in firewood I brought home.

Is that legal?