PDA

View Full Version : List of gun shops and hunting stores

jedimaster
05-14-2015, 11:59 AM
Just wondering if anyone knows of a list of hunting supply stores in lower mainland. Cheapest place I found is reliable gun. Didnčt want to go all the way downtown was hoping something in the delta surrey, tricties area. but will drive down if need be.

Drillbit
05-14-2015, 12:07 PM
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=lower+mainland+gun+stores

itsy bitsy xj
05-14-2015, 12:08 PM
What is it you are looking for? Is the drive worth the savings? If you're saving $3 on a box of ammo I'd say its not worth the drive

albravo2
05-14-2015, 12:10 PM
Reliable and Italian have been the best by far in my books though I know people that like Highwater Tackle.

Personally, if I need help buying it I will go to a full-service store like Italian or Reliable and pay a bit more.

If I know what I want already I will often buy on line or go to a big box like WSS to try and find the best deal.

adriaticum
05-14-2015, 12:16 PM
International Sports
Hub Sports
Italian Sporting Goods
Reliable Gun
Blueline Sports
Wholesale Sports
Wanstalls
Lever Arms
West Coast Hunting
Chilliwack Dart Tackle
Kent Outdoors

Soon to be
- Bass Pro
- Cabelas

I have bought things from most of them and none of them stand out, other than International Shooting because it's close.

itsy bitsy xj
05-14-2015, 12:17 PM
Reliable and Italian have been the best by far in my books though I know people that like Highwater Tackle.

Personally, if I need help buying it I will go to a full-service store like Italian or Reliable and pay a bit more.

If I know what I want already I will often buy on line or go to a big box like WSS to try and find the best deal.

International in Sry has treated me well, as has both the other two you mentioned

ruger#1
05-14-2015, 12:55 PM
http://www.firearmscanada.com/resources/gun-dealers/

jedimaster
05-14-2015, 01:00 PM
Looking for a Nikon scope, the only place with one in stock is reliable as far as I can tell.

ruger#1
05-14-2015, 01:05 PM
Looking for a Nikon scope, the only place with one in stock is reliable as far as I can tell.

Try London Drugs. They sell Nikon Scopes.

jedimaster
05-14-2015, 01:12 PM
They sell riflescopes at the drug store

ruger#1
05-14-2015, 01:16 PM
They sell riflescopes at the drug store

I have seen them in their flyers. I looked on their website . Nothing there.

Try here for B.C. Dealers. http://www.firearmscanada.com/resources/gun-dealers/

ruger#1
05-14-2015, 01:23 PM
Richmond.

http://www.brandonoptics.com/Canada-RifleScopes

They have Nikon, On their list.

Moe.JKU
05-14-2015, 01:40 PM
Stillwater sports, when I hunted the dykes seemed alright.

ruger#1
05-14-2015, 02:24 PM
Look at this place, You must have one close by.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/search-results.html?searchByTerm=true;q=rifle%20scopes;nm q=riflescopes

r106
05-14-2015, 03:01 PM
reliable, Wanstalls, Dart and tackle and Wholesale is were I go. International was good when I went there just thought there prices were a little high

ruger#1
05-14-2015, 03:09 PM
If International is the store where you wait outside, Then they look at you with the camera. Then buzz you in. Then you are between two locked doors,And they look at you again. Until they buzz you into the store. I felt like i was in lock up. I wont go there.

russm
05-14-2015, 03:23 PM
If International is the store where you wait outside, Then they look at you with the camera. Then buzz you in. Then you are between two locked doors,And they look at you again. Until they buzz you into the store. I felt like i was in lock up. I wont go there.

That's the one, it's only like that because they were robbed, they're friendlier and more helpful than anywhere else I've shopped, I've never paid the price in the tag for a scope or gun in there, I'm pretty sure they carry Nikon scopes.

adriaticum
05-14-2015, 03:26 PM

Lol, International is owned by the same guy who owns Italian.
I do have to say that International always have some ammo and they always piss me off but not having any on sale.

ruger#1
05-14-2015, 03:50 PM
http://internationalshootingsupplies.com/?s=nikon&post_type=product

todbartell
05-14-2015, 08:47 PM

being robbed at gunpoint will do that to ya. I recently visited WSS Langley, Italian, and Reliable on a trip to LML. WSS could be a great store, but sadly, they suck. Zero customer service and shelves full of odd things like RCBS 25WSSM precision mics and 300SAUM die sets, 25/20 WCF unprimed brass, and 257" Sierra varmint bullets. ~~ Italian service was good, decent selection of firearms/scopes/and ammo/reloading and they know what they're talking about. Not a blank stare like WSS ~~ Reliable was great, had the ammo and powder I wanted in stock and helped me look for a few things

moosinaround
05-14-2015, 09:09 PM
talk with Todbartell I think he has some connections in the outdoor/hunting industry! Keep our site sponsors in business! Moosin

Everett
05-14-2015, 09:18 PM
talk with Todbartell I think he has some connections in the outdoor/hunting industry! Keep our site sponsors in business! Moosin

We have a winner Mark (TodBartell) works for Nechako Outdoors and they understand keeping care of customers amazing service been dealing with them and Mark for years and they are the kings of customer service and in most cases they match the big box stores on price.

todbartell
05-14-2015, 10:39 PM
Don't stock Nikon though - London Drugs can have that :D

itsy bitsy xj
05-14-2015, 11:16 PM
I bought my Ziess bino's from London Drugs best price around

olympia
05-14-2015, 11:57 PM
Westcoast hunting on number 3 road if your looking in Richmond or international shooting in slurrey.

adriaticum
05-15-2015, 12:14 AM
being robbed at gunpoint will do that to ya. I recently visited WSS Langley, Italian, and Reliable on a trip to LML. WSS could be a great store, but sadly, they suck. Zero customer service and shelves full of odd things like RCBS 25WSSM precision mics and 300SAUM die sets, 25/20 WCF unprimed brass, and 257" Sierra varmint bullets. ~~ Italian service was good, decent selection of firearms/scopes/and ammo/reloading and they know what they're talking about. Not a blank stare like WSS ~~ Reliable was great, had the ammo and powder I wanted in stock and helped me look for a few things

Watcha talkin about. WSS have the hottest customer service

ruger#1
05-15-2015, 12:56 AM
Watcha talkin about. WSS have the hottest customer serviceNow that made me blow oxygen out my nose. You owe me a breath of fresh air.

jedimaster
05-15-2015, 11:09 AM
Don't stock Nikon though - London Drugs can have that :D

No offense but thats the attitude that will probably prevent me from spending money with you. :) I went to reliable last night and the services was really good friendly staff and they had a good price on the scope I wanted. Looked through a number of different glass and the one I originally wanted sits ad fits great. will be happy to head out this weekend to do some sighting in.

r106
05-15-2015, 11:16 AM
No offense but thats the attitude that will probably prevent me from spending money with you. :) I went to reliable last night and the services was really good friendly staff and they had a good price on the scope I wanted. Looked through a number of different glass and the one I originally wanted sits ad fits great. will be happy to head out this weekend to do some sighting in.

Attitude?? haha relax man.

russm
05-15-2015, 11:41 AM
Watcha talkin about. WSS have the hottest customer service

at the front of the store, especially if you bring a cute dog in with you lol, it's the back counter and the fishing counter that's the problem, the young guys in the fishing department are somewhat helpful.

todbartell
05-15-2015, 11:57 AM
Attitude?? haha relax man.

Hey it's ok, I'm an asshole on Thursday evenings :mrgreen: have a great long weekend everyone

REMINGTON JIM
05-15-2015, 12:45 PM
Hey it's ok, I'm an asshole on Thursday evenings :mrgreen: have a great long weekend everyone

Hey Your still HBC's favorite " ASSHOLE " no matter what ! :D LMAO You to have a Great Weekend Mark ! RJ

jedimaster
05-15-2015, 12:55 PM

Its all good, I am all for fun and games, I just tend to shy away from vendors that dog this and that when I am dropping cash I had to earn. :) A lot of shops turn there nose up at this product or that product its a bit annoying and there are enough places I can go to without having to buy just what product line a certain guy likes personally. :)

Zedbra
05-17-2015, 08:57 AM
Its all good, I am all for fun and games, I just tend to shy away from vendors that dog this and that when I am dropping cash I had to earn. :) A lot of shops turn there nose up at this product or that product its a bit annoying and there are enough places I can go to without having to buy just what product line a certain guy likes personally. :)

I here you there, and I was less than impressed with the attitudes of the staff at Nechako Outdoors in Vanderhoof when I dropped in there late season last year - to the point that I'll never go back.

Reliable seems to have the best price on Nikon scopes, I have been eying a Monarch 3 and though I like to shop at International, they would not match Reliable's pricing.