PDA

View Full Version : A Sinking Feeling - LEH Returned

rcar
05-14-2015, 09:07 AM
This year I only sent in 3 LEH applications and since I was a bit later than usual, I sent them individually. I dropped them into the mail at the post office on Monday morning. When I checked my mail at the house yesterday.....one of my LEH applications was in my mail box. It was not run through the post at all....looked exactly as it did when I dropped it off.

Now I have this sick feeling in my stomach....where are the other 2......

I guess next year it will have to go registered, if the LEH office isn't digital by then.

adriaticum
05-14-2015, 09:12 AM
So what's the problem? Why was it returned?

metalface
05-14-2015, 09:20 AM
on the bright side, still got time to get that returned one to victoria thru registered

BRvalley
05-14-2015, 09:28 AM
assuming you put a stamp on the LEH, I would go to the post office and ask why it was returned?

bighornbob
05-14-2015, 09:28 AM
I had one returned one year too. I went to the post office to find out why and they could not tell me why either (stamp was good, addresses were all good etc.) They said they did not know why it was returned. They just threw it back in the box. It made it there.

You still have time to do regular mail with it. Does not have to be there til next Friday. I just through mine in the box yesterday.

BHB

sky-gunner
05-14-2015, 09:33 AM
I always mail priority so i can track it, saves on wondering if some bleeding heart will find them and toss them.

BigfishCanada
05-14-2015, 09:48 AM
ya i get nervous every year, send it priority and hope the other two made it

russm86
05-14-2015, 10:03 AM
Yea, me and all my buddies that put in all chip in $5 or what ever and get a pre paid priority post envelope and everyone puts all of their LEHs in the one envelope and it has tracking and signature required etc so we know it gets there for sure. We think it's a small price to pay for some assurance when each guy spends between $15 and $25 on LEH cards every year.

ACE
05-14-2015, 10:28 AM
Being a cynic .....
Mr. Postman, being a 'founding member' of the 'A Vegan is not a Vegetable' cult ........ looks at Mr. Meathead's application to kill an animal ..... LEH
Application gets returned ..... one more chance to 'save' a deer/moose etc. ......

rcar
05-14-2015, 10:29 AM
Update:

I went back to the post office today and was told that the computer scanned the back of the LEH form, which has my address on it, instead of the side with the stamp. Apparently there is no way to assure that the correct side is scanned. If there was no writing on the back, like would be the case in an envelope, the computer would rescan the mail item to find the address side.

My new approach....put the LEH forms in an envelope. I know this has been the recommendation of many on here in the past.

Tenacious Billy
05-14-2015, 10:33 AM
Every year guys go through this.....pay the 20 bucks to have them couriered and keep the way bill to track the package - problem solved.

Moosehunter64
05-14-2015, 11:22 AM
I ha the same thing happen to me a few years ago. They couldn`t tell me why either. At the post office they just took it and put it back in the mail. Luckily I still had time to get it in. I always use sticky labels on my return address also so not sure what the deal was.

Gone_Fishin_
05-14-2015, 11:29 AM
Ask you local Hunting/Fishing store if they send off a bundle each year. I drop mine off to Gary at chwk dart and taclke. He purolators them overnight to Victoria.

Or send registered mail as mentioned, not that much extra...

Ohwildwon
05-14-2015, 11:32 AM
I always mail priority so i can track it, saves on wondering if some bleeding heart will find them and toss them.

x2.........

boxhitch
05-14-2015, 11:33 AM
regular post works for thousands of cards each year
even without tinfoil

Stone Sheep Steve
05-14-2015, 12:32 PM
Check with your local sporting goods store. We have one here who couriers it overnight express. Pay them a toonie for as many LEH forms as you have. Overnight delivery but they give an extra day for insurance.
I believe Hub Sports does this for no fee. Awesome service for you lower mainland guys and gals.

SSS

Andrewh
05-14-2015, 01:57 PM
I just get an express post envelope and mail that with a few other guys in it. How else can you be certain that the $50 bill paper-clipped to your favourite draw gets into the right hands...

Ranger95
05-14-2015, 05:59 PM
Update:

I went back to the post office today and was told that the computer scanned the back of the LEH form, which has my address on it, instead of the side with the stamp. Apparently there is no way to assure that the correct side is scanned. If there was no writing on the back, like would be the case in an envelope, the computer would rescan the mail item to find the address side.

My new approach....put the LEH forms in an envelope. I know this has been the recommendation of many on here in the past.

In an envelope with cash, moose draws - elk draws - never go without!

Fred1
05-14-2015, 06:03 PM
I just applied for status.... Odds are better and the rules go poof!!!

Brez
05-14-2015, 07:00 PM
The whole point of all of this is it shouldn't have to happen and we should not have to pay more to compensate for a disfunctional and vulnerable system. When will our equally disfunctional government listen to us and implement a more secure and efficient system??

Daybreak
05-14-2015, 07:03 PM
I just get an express post envelope and mail that with a few other guys in it. How else can you be certain that the $50 bill paper-clipped to your favourite draw gets into the right hands...

WTH? It's $50 now? Last year it was only $20.

Stone Sheep Steve
05-14-2015, 07:39 PM
The whole point of all of this is it shouldn't have to happen and we should not have to pay more to compensate for a disfunctional and vulnerable system. When will our equally disfunctional government listen to us and implement a more secure and efficient system??

Online LEH should be in place for 2016

hare_assassin
05-14-2015, 07:51 PM
Online LEH should be in place for 2016

And functional by...?

Trigger Happy
05-14-2015, 08:16 PM

Thats awesome! Kudos to you :)

Andrewh
05-15-2015, 08:48 AM
WTH? It's $50 now? Last year it was only $20.

maybe that explains why you don't get pulled. Had 7 draws come from my envelope for 3 people last year including a rossi...:)

Stone Sheep Steve
05-15-2015, 09:04 AM
And functional by...?

They gave a presentation at the BCWF AGM and things are getting close already. They walked us through it.

ursusbait
05-15-2015, 12:45 PM
They gave a presentation at the BCWF AGM and things are getting close already. They walked us through it.
Thank you for that information.

hare_assassin
05-15-2015, 02:05 PM

Very encouraging. Thanks reporting this.

landphil
05-15-2015, 02:15 PM

Just did the same - express post envelope with tracking, didn't have room on the wee little label for the "Fish, Wildlife, & Habitat Management Branch" line on the address, so hopefully just the "Limited Entry Hunting" gets it to the right hands.

I skipped the $50 this year, in protest of the recent allocation policy changes.

Rhyno
05-15-2015, 04:33 PM
As said previously. Never, ever, ever would I send them individually......Xrpress post in one envelope. That way when I pull a NIL at least I know they made it!

kgs
05-15-2015, 04:38 PM
I always put mine in an envelope safer that way.....

Daybreak
05-15-2015, 05:12 PM
maybe that explains why you don't get pulled. Had 7 draws come from my envelope for 3 people last year including a rossi...:)
Seven from one lot is a great win for you. I've actually been pretty lucky over the years, seem to get at least one almost every year. My best year was 3. Just put mine in the mail this afternoon. Heres hoping!

Ry151
05-15-2015, 08:39 PM
I always mail priority so i can track it, saves on wondering if some bleeding heart will find them and toss them. I do the same.

BRrooster
05-16-2015, 04:52 PM
A&C sports in Kelowna used to send in a envelope each year. Talk to Art or Cindy. Or....(?????)..Harold. They're good people.

Peter Pepper
05-16-2015, 06:46 PM
http://huntingbc.ca/forum/images/shades_of_green/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by sky-gunner http://huntingbc.ca/forum/images/shades_of_green/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?p=1640356#post1640356) I always mail priority so i can track it, saves on wondering if some bleeding heart will find them and toss them.

x2.........

Last time I did that I was able to tack it to the Victoria post office where it disappeared never to been seen again. Contacted Canada Post for help/refund never received either. I ship products with them every day for work, I know what I'm doing. Never have such problems except with my LEH. Worthless hippies.

donnytooslow
05-17-2015, 01:07 AM
i can tell you why it was returned to you instead of being delivered ...simple your name and address are on one side and leh environment address on the other ...as machine processes them they are so thin they go to your carriers walk case facing wrong way...and since he has to sort up to 3000 pieces in a couple of hours he only glances for name and address ...then he has to deliver it as fast as he can... some run some don't...some pick up the mistake,some don't...DROP IT OFF YOURSELF!!!! next year you better take computer course or hire student to do your LEH