PDA

View Full Version : Any luck in 7-26 last year?

chuckerb
05-12-2015, 12:54 PM
Hi all, was wondering if anybody had luck in 7-26 leh for moose last year,we hunted it hard for three weeks and only saw very little sign around Dolphine lake. Was great fishing and did get lots of road chickens, but seen a few elk and had 1 bull moose answer my call I went back 6 days in a row but never heard him or any other moose the whole 21 days we were there. My son did get to see a big bull when he was makin a fuel run back to Fort St. James but out of are area. got to stay in the cabin at the end of the lake and cleaned all the beer cans some idiots threw all over outside of the cabin, also filled out the guessed book and left are extra canned food for the next visitors . Great place and thanks to the owner ..

604redneck
05-12-2015, 02:43 PM
Thats suprising for that area

05-12-2015, 02:49 PM
shot a 30" bull and missed an oppritunity at a 50" er at 200 yds standing dead on at us....... loong story, 13 year old kid had the tag... just Rookied the moose...... oh well he shot the 30 the next day.....
loads of Grouse,,, more then i have seen in years..

but moose last year was tough, the weather sucked.... it was a had slog to call them and have them commit... lots of moose grunting but not commiting.... we were not really far from you

Dads group south of vanderhoof saw one bull rip accross the road and that was it...

Sitkaspruce
05-12-2015, 08:09 PM
The cabin at Dolphin used to be a very hot spot, but a fun pack out.....then the beetle showed up.....should be getting grown up by now and holding some moose. The area used to be my bread and butter for moose.

Nice spot and good area for moose, but they can stay in the thick stuff or be right on Tezzeron lake if it's warm.

Cheers

SS

chuckerb
05-13-2015, 06:34 AM
What time where you up there at? and where was your camp site? We were camped at Dolphine lake , we had the brown ford f-150 and gray and black Honda quad..

chuckerb
05-13-2015, 06:37 AM
shot a 30" bull and missed an oppritunity at a 50" er at 200 yds standing dead on at us....... loong story, 13 year old kid had the tag... just Rookied the moose...... oh well he shot the 30 the next day.....
loads of Grouse,,, more then i have seen in years..

but moose last year was tough, the weather sucked.... it was a had slog to call them and have them commit... lots of moose grunting but not commiting.... we were not really far from you

Dads group south of vanderhoof saw one bull rip accross the road and that was it...

What time were you up there?

05-13-2015, 09:30 AM
First 2 weeks of October.
Never got cold,, and was wet... We had 6-7 guys hunting in pairs... all calling, not still hunting not road hunting... We would call till 10am then explore a bit, then call from 4 till dark... and i mean end of shooting light dark..
We had maybe a dozen bulls hold in the trees never showing them selves and we manage to pull the two out of the trees.. the spots we hunted were way off the beaten track cuts....

lol typing this i just remembered another bull.....
The kid went for a rip on the quad on the day we arrived there.... his instruction was "Dont go far and if you see a bull rip back!" well he went about 2-3 km an of course spotted a big bull,, coulda been any size lol at his age a spike bull is big.... but when he was asked how big he held his arms way out! ... it was like we were being invaded... lol... everyone jumped on a bike and took off like a bat outa hell! ...... moose never came back, we called there that night...