PDA

View Full Version : 3-32

wsm
04-14-2007, 12:30 PM
my dad used to hunt 3-32 when i was young, but hasn't for years. as some of you may have read 270win and i are looking to hunt alpine muley's ,when i told my dad he suggested that i check out some of the areas he used to hunt, poison mountian, red mount, nine mile ridge. but he hasn't been out there for years so is there still good hunting in thoes areas is worth a look? thanks wsm

frenchbar
04-14-2007, 06:15 PM
Those areas was where i did all my hunting in the late 70s and early 80s,used to be good hunting then,but now it isnt what it use to be ,to easily assesable,logging roads all over the place,all put in right on the deer migration routes to the Fraser river,still the odd nice muley taken out of there,but like i say its not what it use to be like ,nice country tho.

Elkhound
04-18-2007, 10:20 AM
put this in this forum instead of the shooting gear forum

f350ps
04-18-2007, 01:57 PM
Hunted that area for many years. Mostly the base of Chinahead Mtn. at the top of the Pony Valley. They logged it heavily and changed the migration route hence the hunting went for a S#&T. Haven't been back it years but it sure holds alot of fond memories. K

Gateholio
04-18-2007, 02:10 PM
I htink the key to hunting that area these days is to get away from everyone else.....

I haven't been up there on a huting trip for a couple of years, but I was htinking about doing some hiking up there this summer and maybe a early season alpine deer hunt this year. It's such nic ecountry..just wihs I had some horses- that makes it even nicer!:lol:

rollingrock
04-18-2007, 03:46 PM
Hunted that area for many years. Mostly the base of Chinahead Mtn. at the top of the Pony Valley. They logged it heavily and changed the migration route hence the hunting went for a S#&T. Haven't been back it years but it sure holds alot of fond memories. K

That area still holds some decent bucks. What I did was looking for the most possible spots/terrain they would stay depending on different period of time through the season. I did find some 'easy' spots not far from civilization. But when you guys talk about migration route, I'm just wondering how you find the route? I need some education here.:smile:Thanks!