PDA

View Full Version : Bow tuning advice

pg83
05-09-2015, 03:48 PM
I have never done anything with my bow myself before, but I would like to get into it. I'm looking for advice from you guys on books or websites or YouTube channels, anything really that you are learning from. Local shops maybe? I just moved to the Okanagan and I know there are a couple around.

Thanks for the advice!

Bowzone_Mikey
05-09-2015, 06:39 PM
Google "archery learning center" videos

that will get you started

what do you expect to be able to do?

you tube vids will help you do a basic tune ... any advanced super tuning you had best let the pros handle that

pg83
05-09-2015, 07:21 PM
I'm not looking to do anything too crazy. I just want to be able to take care of the basic things at this point and keep learning a little bit more every day. I would also like to get into doing my own arrows. Nothing wrong with the stuff I have at the moment, but I'm sure it can be improved upon and I will get satisfaction knowing that I did things myself.

hardnocks
05-09-2015, 08:34 PM
couple of things you will need , one bow press , scale, serving tool and serving. their is a wealth of info on the internet. shoot and tinker learn as you go have fun.

kilometers
05-10-2015, 08:46 AM
YouTube ! Type in bow tuning. Or compound bow practise. Arrow building etc. it's all you really need.

Red arch
05-10-2015, 04:31 PM
Hardcore archery is located in Kelowna.

boxhitch
05-10-2015, 08:59 PM
For those that like to read $#it still
eastonarchery.com/downloads/tuning-guide

donny.brooke
05-10-2015, 08:59 PM
Learn how to do it yourself and avoid the local shops. Understanding the mechanics of how your bow works will make you a better archer.