PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a couple to hunter host my wife and I.

cantrap
05-05-2015, 07:07 PM
Hey everyone,

My wife and i are filming for our second season on wild t.v and are looking for a "couple" to host us on a caribou/moose hunt. We are both very avid hunters and are willing to try anything. I'm a pilot and may be able to bring my plane and also have pilot connections in bc that may help with the trip if needed. Please feel free to pm me if this may be a option for you.

thanks a lot in advance

The McNay's

cantrap
07-18-2015, 06:24 PM
Still lookn if anyone is interested

BCbillies
07-18-2015, 06:52 PM
I've hosted a few times in the past for goat and it was a great experience for all. Nice that you have a plane to fly in and tie up beside the GO. Looks like a decent goat you brought home on your last trip! Hope this works out for you . . . I've gotta run and grab some popcorn and a drink! ��

Whonnock Boy
07-18-2015, 07:15 PM
Regarding BCbillies quote here..... here's the problem. What you are asking is in the "grey" area. The spirit of hunter host program is for friends and family to have the opportunity to hunt together. Some may argue that what you are technically asking someone to do is "guide" you on a hunt being that they have no prior relationship with you. If that is the case, you have to buck up to our MAJOR shareholders, the guides, and book a hunt. It wasn't all that long ago when another film crew made waves doing the exact same thing.

So, you have a few choices. Make some friends for the possibility of a future hunt in years to come, find a resident hunter willing to chance accusations of "guiding", or call up some go's and book a hunt.

I've gotta run and grab some popcorn and a drink! ��

BiG Boar
07-18-2015, 07:18 PM
They are talking about changing our hunter host system now because of this. Specifically because of abuse by TV shows hunting here and others not really being friends and family. I applaud your attempt to hunt here. And it is currently legal so long as the host party is not benefiting in trade or cash. Guides are trying to run a business and people like you aren't willing to pay for the required services.

boxhitch
07-18-2015, 08:23 PM
They are talking about changing our hunter host systemThey ?????????

argyle1
07-19-2015, 07:01 AM
They are talking about changing our hunter host system now because of this. Specifically because of abuse by TV shows hunting here and others not really being friends and family. I applaud your attempt to hunt here. And it is currently legal so long as the host party is not benefiting in trade or cash. Guides are trying to run a business and people like you aren't willing to pay for the required services.
It is perfectly legal to use a host hunter, and though the guides wish they could control all the game in the province, "they" do not. Just a short while ago resident hunters were pissed at the guides for increasing their fortunes at the expense of resident hunters. You can rest assured that if "they" can get rid of hosted hunts "they" will. The more use that is made of the system, the less chance there is that it will be cancelled.

chilcotin hillbilly
07-19-2015, 07:26 AM
The argument is the abuse of the system for commercial use.The system is great if used correctly, friends and family from other spots around the country get to experience BC.

it is not meant for a TV host to profit off of.

BgBlkDg
07-19-2015, 07:58 AM
Totally agree with Doug, on this and any TV show can pay their way and hire a GO.

604redneck
07-19-2015, 08:07 AM
Totally agree with Doug, on this and any TV show can pay their way and hire a GO.

Ya thats a good way to keep the outfitters in business

bckoothunter
07-19-2015, 09:29 AM
Sure didn't take people long to jump back on the outfitter band wagon. Below is the literature from the BC regs. Nowhere does it state that in order to hunter host a Canadian resident, they must be a "friend" or "family". That is someone putting their own interpretation into a regulation for what they believe it should be. Exactly how would you prove friendship anyways? There is absolutely nothing wrong with the OP's request, so long as there is no financial gain on the part of the hosters. In fact, through this experience may come a lifelong friendship. Sounds like a great opportunity to stick it to the GO's on Wild TV, showing a great hunter hosted hunting trip in the best province in Canada. I think it would be a great opportunity for someone to share a cool hunting trip and have a great film to remember it by.

"All non-resident hunters wishing to hunt big game in the province of British Columbia must be accompanied by a registered guide outfitter or accompanied by a resident who holds a Permit to Accompany (http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/pasb/applications/process/accompany_hunt.html).If you have booked your guide or your accompany hunter has received their permit you may purchase your hunting licences through the mail. You must fill out an application (http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife/hunting/non_resident/docs/non_res_hunting_application.pdf) [PDF 155KB] and mail it to anyone of the address on the back of the application or to the Fish and Wildlife Branch along with your payment. Please communicate with your guide or permit holder about the purchase of your licences because they may purchase them on your behalf and it is an offence to have more than one licence and the monies for this type of error are non-refundable.
All non-resident hunters wishing to hunt small game may do so without the being accompanied by a guide outfitter or a resident who holds a Permit to Accompany. You must fill out an application (http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife/hunting/non_resident/docs/non_res_hunting_application.pdf) [PDF 155KB] and mail it to anyone of the address on the back of the application or to the Fish and Wildlife Branch, along with your payment."

bighornbob
07-19-2015, 09:41 AM
The argument is the abuse of the system for commercial use.The system is great if used correctly, friends and family from other spots around the country get to experience BC.

it is not meant for a TV host to profit off of.

Yah and bush planes were originally meant for transporting guided hunters to the back country not for spotting game or buzzing sheep out of valleys that a resident was hunting. Also tags given to outfitters were meant to be sold to foreign hunters not given to friends/family or traded to other residents for tires or mechanic work.

There is always going to be grey area in all sorts of areas for both parties. Its only a few TV shows that have taken advantage of it and it's not really an issue.

If it's such an issue for outfitters, I am surprised they have not lobbied the government to ban hunters from using the Internet as people are sharing spots and telling others where to go in their areas.

BhB

BCbillies
07-19-2015, 10:11 AM
If I recall on the Pemit to Accompany form it asked "Relation to Host Hunter" and you simply fill in friend or relative. The definition of friend is obviously open to interpretation but we all have friends now via modern technology that we've never met in person! This opportunity is pretty good for a resident to tag along on a fly in hunt and see some new country!

monasheemountainman
07-19-2015, 10:39 AM
why would any res hunter be lobbying for this guy to hire an outfitter? weren't we just fighting the pricks a couple months ago? I say all power to the couple looking to be hunter hosted, and I hope they hunt in an outfitters territory!

BiG Boar
07-19-2015, 10:49 AM
why would any res hunter be lobbying for this guy to hire an outfitter? weren't we just fighting the pricks a couple months ago? I say all power to the couple looking to be hunter hosted, and I hope they hunt in an outfitters territory!

I use the Hunter host system most years, to hunt with friends across Canada. I would hate to see the system changed because people were abusing it for profit. I like it the way it is, and if it was changed to family only, I would be upset. It is under review right now, because of abuse, that is what I am trying to get at. I'm not working for an outfitter, I just like the current system the way it is.

The Hermit
07-19-2015, 11:02 AM

Correct. The "they" in this context is the Ministry, and indeed they ARE looking at this issue very hard and I sure as hell don't want to lose the privilege of hosting friends and family over the interests of one commercial interest over another. I want to see a viable guide outfitter industry in BC since I'd like to enjoy reciprocity in other jurisdictions. I don't want to see the guides profit at an unreasonable resident expense and I'm still working to oust the Liberals due in part to the odious Thompson Allocation Policy.

I think commercial TV programs should be paying their way and I don't want to give up any more animals out of the resident quota to yet another commercial interest- hire a guide!

monasheemountainman
07-19-2015, 11:04 AM
I use the Hunter host system most years, to hunt with friends across Canada. I would hate to see the system changed because people were abusing it for profit. I like it the way it is, and if it was changed to family only, I would be upset. It is under review right now, because of abuse, that is what I am trying to get at. I'm not working for an outfitter, I just like the current system the way it is.

I hear ya, and I agree it should not be changed. perhaps this thread is not a good example of what the hunter host program should be ie-going on an open forum and asking strangers to host them. but we need to keep doing what we have the rights to do, or else they will be taken from us

BgBlkDg
07-19-2015, 11:16 AM
Concerning GOs, let me be VERY clear, I detest and oppose the GOABC and will do until I die, however, guys like Chilcotin Hillbilly, are my fellow BCers from old time families and he is a very decent and honourable gentleman, with whom I would be proud to hunt anytime.

While, I tend to be against foreigners, especially pushy, blowhard, continentalist Yankees hunting here, I SUPPORT BC-born and raised real bushmen like Doug and those like him and will modify my attitude to cooperate with such folks to our overall mutual benefit.

That, is why I posted as I did above and I was in a rush to get to my training track to be able to continue mountain stuff in my coming 51st season.

The GOABC and some big money foreigners are our real enemy, not every small family GO operation in BC.

burger
07-19-2015, 11:40 AM
Concerning GOs, let me be VERY clear, I detest and oppose the GOABC and will do until I die, however, guys like Chilcotin Hillbilly, are my fellow BCers from old time families and he is a very decent and honourable gentleman, with whom I would be proud to hunt anytime.

While, I tend to be against foreigners, especially pushy, blowhard, continentalist Yankees hunting here, I SUPPORT BC-born and raised real bushmen like Doug and those like him and will modify my attitude to cooperate with such folks to our overall mutual benefit.

That, is why I posted as I did above and I was in a rush to get to my training track to be able to continue mountain stuff in my coming 51st season.

The GOABC and some big money foreigners are our real enemy, not every small family GO operation in BC.

Exactly my thinking as well!!

FlyingHigh
07-19-2015, 12:25 PM

I agree. I was born and raised in BC and only left for work. I've been wanting to hunt in BC again, but I can't without a hunter host. I only have one friend back in BC who hunts, and he's still new at it. He doesn't yet meet the requirement of holding a valid license and big game tag for 3 of the 5 years preceding the hunter host application. He's got a couple years to go, and we're both looking forward to hunting together. If they change it so that I have no choice but to hire an outfitter, that will cancel any plans of us hunting in BC. We can only afford one big hunt a year so instead of doing it in BC, he won't buy a license or tags in BC. He'll come here to AB, buy tags and we'll hunt in AB.

It's kind of a lose-lose scenario. Keep the program as is and they get money from my friend and his tags, my out of province license and tags and whatever else I spend money on while in BC and I get to hunt in my home province with my friend. Change the program to keep me from hunting in my home province, and all that money goes into AB system instead, because like I said my friend simply won't by a BC license or tags and he'll just come to AB. Neither of us will be real happy hunting in AB either.

So while our one trip may barely be a drop in the financial grand scheme of things, I highly doubt we're the only ones in this situation.

It's honestly easier for me to go hunt in Saskatchewan with my uncle than in the province of my birth and childhood...

Fisher-Dude
07-19-2015, 12:36 PM
It's a (can) trap.

Barracuda
07-19-2015, 01:20 PM
Scenario one

Joe and Bob chat on the internet in one of the many forums, they seem to have common interests and seem like they would enjoy hunting the elusive Chupacabra together so one day Joe says "hey Bob ya wanna come out an well run the ol smell hounds after some Chupacabra ??"
Well without blinking an eye Bob types in "Hawt dang do I ever " And with a bit of paperwork and a few Govt hoops they are releasing the hounds for an epic adventure.
All this was made possible because the internet brings folks together much like many other social associations/clubs did in the old days. Just because Joe and Bob are a couple of thousand miles away from each other makes little difference in the friendship that developed prior to them meeting as a result of todays technology. kinda like a high speed version of pen pals of yester year . this is just one of the ways how the Hunter Host was meant to have been used .

Scenario No 2

JOE contacts or gets contacted by XYZ productions and "offers" to host them on a hunt for the elusive Chupacabra . production company shows up the hounds are released and the hunt is on and its all caught on film and airs with Joe as the superstar Guest host.

It all seems fine and dandy BUUUUT!

The reality of the situation is that Joe is offering his "host" ability in exchange for media relations , sponsorship $ or swag, Commercial promotion as a hunting celebrity not to mention hot women ,a big $X$ truck with bull balls in the back rolling coal at every stoplight etc that he would otherwise not be able to get if he wasn't a host.

The Production company is getting a product that it can sell and or gain monetary compensation in the form of advertising once it airs even though no money has actually exchanged hands and they have managed to avoid paying a guides fees with this loophole.

This was not the original intention of the Hunter Host Program , Resident hunters get screwed and Guides and their families get screwed and it is a loop hole that will soon be closing

If they include a clause that says that Host Hunter program is not to be used directly or indirectly in any way shape of form in the commercial production of hunting programs I think that would sort a lot of things out.

Ourea
07-19-2015, 01:58 PM
Filming a hunt for outdoor programming is a commercial venture no matter how you slice it.
It is not in the spirit of what the hunter host is intended.

BCbillies
07-19-2015, 02:57 PM
It's a (can) trap.

YUP. In January when "cantrap" signed up on HBC he stated he was moving to BC very soon . . . won't need the hunter host if the move is soon. Could be on a fishing expedition and looking for suckers!

Salty
07-19-2015, 05:08 PM
Sure didn't take people long to jump back on the outfitter band wagon. Below is the literature from the BC regs. Nowhere does it state that in order to hunter host a Canadian resident, they must be a "friend" or "family"

Its on the application form. You are asked the relationship to the person you wish to sponsor. Family or friend. If you right down TV show host I'm highly doubting it will be approved.

chilcotin hillbilly
07-19-2015, 06:17 PM
hope this stays as is. It is awesome for other Canadians to be able to use this system as long as it is not abused. Lets do our best to keep the opportunities available.

Thanks for the kind words Dewey.

Big Boar, you nailed it with your comment.

Bear Chaser
07-19-2015, 06:45 PM
Barracudas scenario 2 sounds pretty good.

Here is a Scenario 3. The original poster offers to come film a BC resident doing the same hunt and enjoys partaking in the experience that way. The viewers still get to watch a BC hunt take place, the show still gets filmed and no grey areas of the law get tested.

yama49
07-19-2015, 06:55 PM
Barracudas scenario 2 sounds pretty good.

Here is a Scenario 3. The original poster offers to come film a BC resident doing the same hunt and enjoys partaking in the experience that way. The viewers still get to watch a BC hunt take place, the show still gets filmed and no grey areas of the law get tested.

I agree there making a film/movie, why do they need to b the shooter???

tuner
07-19-2015, 07:26 PM
Why not approach a GO and offer free advertising/free national exposure in exchange for a hunt.

Gateholio
07-19-2015, 07:49 PM
We should be careful about changing anything in the host program, lest "they" decide to change it to making specific criteria in what constitutes a "friend"

It doesn't bother me one bit that other Canadian hunters use the program to film their hunts. What bothers me more is that GOABC would love to control all non resident hunting and might push for making it that no "internet" friends are allowed, period. Must be personal friend of at least a year, etc. I'ver made lots of great friends via intraweb that I would love to host. Lots of great folk across the country. I'd hate to see that lost because of a few TV shows.

What's the big fuss abotu the TV shows anyway? So a dozen TV hunts are hosted a year. Big deal.

Be careful what you wish for. ASKING government for MORE restrictions in ANYTHING can be a very slippery slope.

Fisher-Dude
07-19-2015, 08:01 PM
YUP. In January when "cantrap" signed up on HBC he stated he was moving to BC very soon . . . won't need the hunter host if the move is soon. Could be on a fishing expedition and looking for suckers!

I smell the stench of an organization that is vehemently opposed to the HH program trying to set us up with this thread, as do you.

As Dennis Miller would say, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Lest we forget, another set of lobbying contacts and another $50,000 of our money just recently went to a certain organization with a stated goal of "changing legislation."

Heads up.

Whonnock Boy
07-19-2015, 08:19 PM
What a bunch of conspiracy theorists. Everyone thinks the guides are out to get us. Just because the op is a guide outfitter, doesn't mean he is in collusion with the goabc................ :)

BCHunterTV
07-19-2015, 09:23 PM
The REAL DEAL with Marc Mcnay? this the show you working with

<span class="st"><em>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkb9OsfiWd4

The Dawg
07-19-2015, 09:53 PM
Yup that's them

Gateholio
07-19-2015, 10:20 PM
And why are we worried about this guy, who seems like a real genuine enthusiastic hunter, and not some "Rock Star?"

Liveforthehunt
07-19-2015, 11:01 PM
And why are we worried about this guy, who seems like a real genuine enthusiastic hunter, and not some "Rock Star?"

We shouldn't be guys on here need to realize not all guides are out to get us. There are some genuine guides out there like you and I who respect and can't stand all this allocation bs and are happy REGARDLESS of the outcome .

srupp
07-19-2015, 11:23 PM
Hmm I have non family friends in Alberta...they have come here fishing, and hunting.I have hunterhosted 2 friends in 7 years.I in turn have had the priviledge of being hosted in Alberta for whitetail, mulies, last years pronghorn, and this years Suffield base bull elk hunt..actually January 2016.
The system is less costly for me to hunt Alberta..and seems a bit simpler in paperwork..really easy actually.
I like this system and look forward to having my buds come back here for a future hunt..it would hardly seem fair for me to go to Alberta but not be able to host them from time to time?
Going next week to celebrate on of their 50th birthday...and his loss of youth...lol
I dont have any inside info on tv shows or? But it would suck big time to lose this oportunity for any reason. Im sure gobc were fuming to see out of province hunters come here and not be mandated to compulsory use a guide.For average Joes..sorry Joe..they couldnt afford $ 16,000 moose hunt.
I could not either.And would I jump at the offer to be hunter hosted in the Yukon for dall sheep, or a monster assed moose...? You bet..
Most of these guided hunts are unfortunatley out of the average working guys budget..I could not honestly ask Susan for $5,000 for a Alberta pronghorn hunt..it wouldnt happen.period.
I appreciate the blessing of friends gsking time from work..using their holidays..to take their son and also hosti g me..took 10 years senority.waiting.
I also guided and watch outstanding guide outfitters like Skinner Creek outfitti g that work harder every day than I did any day.honest, truthful, knowledgable , reliable..and gets it done, I understand they need to make a living wage with high expenses.I hope we get to work together so everone wins...
I appreciate this forum and the chance to learn..to seek help..and to give help..unfortunatley sometimes folks will use this to get around rules that are their to allow these hunter hosted opportunities to exist.
Bigbore and Gate and Chilcotin Hillbilly echoed my sentiment..
Cheers
Steven

Walking Buffalo
07-20-2015, 11:59 AM
Who is "They"?

Where is the discussion happening, what is the status?

What is the actual legislation and actual "Intent" of the HH program?

How many Hunter Host licences are being issued each year, and how many of these hosted hunts include commercial filming?

Do commercial filming ventures require provincial permits?

Is the Hunter Host program being abused or are concerns expressed by some just another angle to secure a monopoly on non-resident hunting access?

I suspect that if the actual numbers of HH licences issued involving commercial filming were known, this would be considered a non-issue.

ryanb
07-20-2015, 12:58 PM
There was one show where the bc host was benefiting from free? advertising on the show for their business. This seems pretty dubious. The Canada in the rough shows didn't seem to benefit the resident hunters, but who knows, maybe they got a free flight out of it.

It used to bother me, but honestly I don't care if they are taking business away from GOABC anymore. Resident hunters shouldn't be protecting GOABC's interests because GOABC sure as hell isn't protecting ours.

BiG Boar
07-20-2015, 01:05 PM
GOABC sees it much worse than just a TV crew coming in and hunting 2 or 3 animals. They see it as information on an area given to all the residents of their province. Once we residents see the show, and where it is, we want to go hunt that same hunt. I'm sure it has affected some areas. Just as the jack o'conner books affected some areas in the past.

BCHunterTV
07-20-2015, 05:05 PM
last year i got some slack from a Guide about filming and airing the Mnt Goat episode....he wasnt a happy camper!

.300WSMImpact!
07-20-2015, 05:31 PM
it sounds more to me that they are looking for a swingers hunting date, if thats the case I would need to see pictures of the wife first, :razz:

The Hermit
07-20-2015, 06:37 PM
So CanTrap what are your thoughts now that you realize that their is a significant political implication about what you are trying to achieve, one that has a distinct probability of eventually hurting resident hunters? Still willing to cheap out knowing that you would be screwing us?

The Hermit
07-24-2015, 04:14 PM
Crickets...

Boner
07-24-2015, 05:20 PM
Well I'm pretty sure he read the whole debate, based on his July 22 login. Based on the content I'm guessing he's not going to grab the internet bull by the horns.

FWIW, good points on either side of the fence.

tuner
07-24-2015, 05:24 PM
GOABC sees it much worse than just a TV crew coming in and hunting 2 or 3 animals. They see it as information on an area given to all the residents of their province. Once we residents see the show, and where it is, we want to go hunt that same hunt. I'm sure it has affected some areas. Just as the jack o'conner books affected some areas in the past.
I think this would fall under "tough titty". Outfitter tenures are public lands,all are well aware of this fact. The most prized and valueable game species to outfitters are not subject to the HH program. Outfitters already have ridiculous exclusively,they should not be afforded anymore.The bitching and whining over a couple of animals taken by a couple of TV shows,just further illustrates how utterly greedy and petty the GOABC is.

BCbillies
07-24-2015, 05:44 PM
last year i got some slack from a Guide about filming and airing the Mnt Goat episode....he wasnt a happy camper!

Just give us a name . . . we'll make sure he's gets lots of company this fall! Some of us are looking for new opportunities.

sawmill
07-25-2015, 10:30 AM
Try anything? What`s your wife look like?

358mag
07-25-2015, 11:36 AM
I think this would fall under "tough titty". Outfitter tenures are public lands,all are well aware of this fact. The most prized and valueable game species to outfitters are not subject to the HH program. Outfitters already have ridiculous exclusively,they should not be afforded anymore.The bitching and whining over a couple of animals taken by a couple of TV shows,just further illustrates how utterly greedy and petty the GOABC is.
Well there's more than a few locals that were not to happy to see CITR team on a HH program filming a hunt in there back yard .

40incher
07-25-2015, 10:17 PM
Have not read the whole thread but I think this whole thing is an abuse of our system ... more than likely set up by the guides to push their agenda. They want us all to cave in to their panacea of a monopoly on anyone from outside of BC going hunting without paying a ransom fee ... screw you.

Let's not get sucked into this B.S. There is no crisis with our "accompanied hunt" system if it is enforced, it's only from those that seek to create one.

Good luck boys!

Gateholio
07-25-2015, 11:31 PM
Well there's more than a few locals that were not to happy to see CITR team on a HH program filming a hunt in there back yard .

Why? Any BC resident can hunt wherever they want.

Gateholio
07-25-2015, 11:33 PM

Yup. It seems they want people want to get their panties in a knot over a very small issue

Fisher-Dude
07-26-2015, 08:19 AM

Yes, I'm certain your buddy has a problem with it.

The rest of us just enjoyed the show.

argyle1
07-26-2015, 10:27 AM
so what if it was a BC tv show that filmed a hunt and aired it? Is that somehow more OK? just asking....

358mag
07-26-2015, 05:52 PM
Why? Any BC resident can hunt wherever they want.
As it should be .
How would you feel if your favorite hunting area showed up on Wild TV for all to see ?

Rackmastr
07-26-2015, 06:04 PM
As it should be .
How would you feel if your favorite hunting area showed up on Wild TV for all to see ?

I'd feel a hell of a lot better if I saw it with two guys enjoying a hunt with a friend, rather than watching an outfitter hunt it!! Either way its going to be on TV, so it wouldnt matter one bit to me. Hell, every spot that people hunt used to be 'someones spot' and there isnt a spot on TV shown in public land that someone doesnt enjoy hunting themselves as well.

300rum700
07-26-2015, 06:16 PM
Obviously this guy needs to be a little more tactful but I like seeing BC hunts on wild tv. As for seeing your spot on TV you have to realize that unless someone has been there and recognizes the area you have nothing to worry about and if they have been there they already know about it so tough titties.

Gateholio
07-26-2015, 06:35 PM
As it should be .

If people can recognize it from the TV show, it's really not a secret.

07-26-2015, 06:47 PM
As it should be .

just spewed coffee all over my screen, holy cow man, ....... Really ? I've lost so many hunting places over the years for various reasons ....... To bad so sad. Get used to seeing more and more residents in the back country in the future. I personally am trying to do all I can to access places mostly only hunted by GO,s .

As as far as helping out so called couple looking to swap hunts ....... Nice try. Hire a guide.

358mag
07-26-2015, 07:51 PM
just spewed coffee all over my screen, holy cow man, ....... Really ? I've lost so many hunting places over the years for various reasons ....... To bad so sad. Get used to seeing more and more residents in the back country in the future. I personally am trying to do all I can to access places mostly only hunted by GO,s .

As as far as helping out so called couple looking to swap hunts ....... Nice try. Hire a guide.
Hey just for the "record" it wasn't my spot that the CITR filmed .
Sorry about your coffee , don't worry lots more out there .:wink::wink::wink::wink::wink:

Springer
07-27-2015, 05:51 AM
First of all , Congratulations on your Win on the Search...It takes a lot of time and work . You followed your passion and dream and are doing what you want to do and not what the naysayers are telling you,what you should do....Like paying a Guide etc...You have to filter out the whining and BS from the ones that don't fill their tags , because someone else like yourself may shoot the Critter.
I have been doing HH for years and the Forum police were going to turn me in for it....I provided my name ,and phone number , still waiting for that knock on my door to take me to jail..
I have also seen guys commenting on this BC forum causing trouble on our Alberta Forum....
Just because its a TV show , does not mean your going to get Rich , anyone can pay to have their footage air on WildTV , you get some swag ,but in the end your doing what you enjoy and also with your Wife !!
Also you don't need a couple to Host , 1 person can host 2 people..
There are some Great guys responding logical sense on this thread as well so like i said filter it.....
I am a Camera guy like yourself and love filming my hunts and creating a year end Movie of it all..

Cheers and good Luck !