PDA

View Full Version : Shot a Prime today

Edge
05-05-2015, 04:33 PM
The only model available at my local was a Prime Impact. I must say...it is very smooth. My only negative is that it seems pretty heavy. I know the bare bow is supposed to be around 4.6 ( that's the only figure I could find)..but by the time you add a single pin adjustable sight and a ripcord rest and stabilizer it weighed in over 6 lbs. I can't raise that up for any period of time with these shoulders so I had to return it to the wall. The Alloy is listed at 4.2 lbs and I'm thinking that it too would be in this weight range once loaded up.
BUt......boy was it smooth and a solid wall. Does anyone have any comments on the weight ? No need to sell me on the smoothness or the quality...thanks

The Hermit
05-05-2015, 04:53 PM
I think most of the bows on the market are all within a few ounces of each other ... would be interesting to create a spreadsheet comparing key specs across a range of bows but I don't have time before leaving on another trip...

nicktrehearne
05-05-2015, 04:55 PM
I switched from a Mathews Heli'm (3.5 lbs) to a Prime Rival (4.3 lbs) and at the start noticed a huge difference. After a few hundred arrows, I just became second nature and I no longer notice it. I noticed the same thing a few years ago when I switched from PSE to a Hoyt...

I guess what I am saying (and you already know) is I find the smoothness and how good it shoots to be worth the weight.

donny.brooke
05-06-2015, 11:55 AM
My ion is such a sweet rig. Im actually selling my rival. The ion reminds me of an elite z28 but smoother if thats possible lol.

Edge
05-06-2015, 02:28 PM
My ion is such a sweet rig. Im actually selling my rival. The ion reminds me of an elite z28 but smoother if thats possible lol.

May I ask what is the draw length of your ION that you have for sale?

donny.brooke
05-06-2015, 08:17 PM
I.have a rival for sale not an ion. 27.5, 28.5, 29 and 29.5 cams

Edge
05-06-2015, 08:48 PM
I.have a rival for sale not an ion. 27.5, 28.5, 29 and 29.5 cams

sorry for the mixup..my bad

Edge
05-07-2015, 08:41 PM
Bought a Prime today...........................Prime impact....gotta say....love the bow.....got a smokin dealk from Bucky's......