PDA

View Full Version : Bringing a gun from the U.S into Canada

D-Ron
05-04-2015, 12:22 PM
My wife's grandfather has an old .270 that he wants to give me. The gun was made in 1959, not sure if that matters, but I would like to bring it back home with me. Can someone tell me the best way to do it, I don't want to loose my NEXUS or get into trouble with it. Thanks in advance!

BgBlkDg
05-04-2015, 01:14 PM
Call Prophet River in Alberta, Google their contact info. and they can import for you.....probably more than the value of the piece, unless it is a nice P-64-Model 70, especially a Fwt. or SG model.

Edzzed
05-04-2015, 03:54 PM
Grandpa would be better off bringing it into Canada and saying he is going to Alaska with it, then stop by your house and drop it off. Grandpa might have dementia for the return trip if you get the hint. Just make sure Grandpa declares it at the border.

Bag1
05-04-2015, 11:13 PM
irungunsdotca can import it for you,

Ferenc
05-05-2015, 05:06 AM
www.borderview.com Talk to Joel he can answer any questions you may have.

Down South
05-05-2015, 05:57 AM
irungunsdotca can import it for you,

I haven't used these guys but my brother speaks very highly of them

scoutlt1
05-05-2015, 06:02 PM
There have been a number of threads on this topic, including importing firearm accessories into Canada from the US.
I have said this before, and I'll say it again....get ALL the relevant information from the US customs/border agency, and Canada border services agency. Get it all, and get it in writing.
There are members on here that have tons of great information on everything from the best elk caliber to what the best mud tires are. Take that info and if you find you took the wrong advice, you will, at worst, want to trade in your rifle, or kick yourself for a few years until you wear out the tread.
If you follow the wrong "advice" regarding the exporting from the US, importing to Canada, of firearms or firearms accessories, you risk losing personal property, a hefty fine, jail time, never being able to enter the states again, (as mentioned before) landing at various airports around the world......among many other things.

With the utmost respect to many who post on here.....do yourself a favor. Check the laws with the proper authorities. Base your "exporting/importing" decisions on that information. NOT what you read on the internet!!

But wtf do I know...........