PDA

View Full Version : Shed hunting in Kamloops

ARC
04-13-2007, 05:22 PM
I was just wondering if people had any ideas where I could go look for a few sheds in the Kamloops area. I just moved here and am not totally sure how far down the deer usually winter. I was thinking about taking a walk on the upper bench, along Tranquille Road, maybe 3 or 4 km's from the bridge crossing the Tranquille River. Perhaps getting up on top and just walking west above Kamloops Lake. Does anybody know if this is a decent area for sheds? Thanks in advance for any help.

steveo32
04-13-2007, 05:25 PM
Those areas you listed are all decent for sheds and as for how low the deer winter, they winter low just outside city limits but there is never any "big" bucks in there. If you are having no luck dont blame it on the deer not being there blame it on mattb, kirby, and myself for already cleaning that place out :twisted:

steve

dana
04-13-2007, 07:30 PM
Arc,
That sounds like a good place to start. I wouldn't worry about the fact that Steveo and Matt have covered that ground already. I've learned from experience that they miss about 3/4's of the sheds out there. ;)

steveo32
04-13-2007, 07:36 PM
haha dana we dont look for the toads that you find cause we would have to give them to you anyway so we just walk away when we find them and then listen to you bullshit us about us "walking" right by them :lol: I dont care about much of that area abouve kamloops lake, ya there could be toads there but ther are better places:twisted:

steve

dana
04-13-2007, 07:46 PM
LOL! I let ya keep that Dropper NT rack didn't I? Pissed me off that I missed that buck. Guess I was preoccupied videoing "Tall Timber" at the time.

Will
04-13-2007, 07:46 PM
Yep.....seen a few Old chewed up sheds, 2's and 3's etc. in there Yote Hunting.
Never seen anything decent :| The better Bucks seem to hang further up the hills....

But then I don't actively look for sheds or claim to have the eye for them niether :lol:

Like Steve said.........better Places to look for sure.

Will
04-13-2007, 08:30 PM
I checked the shed (garden shed) and remembered this one......it actually came out of this same area "DewDrop" a couple years back, not a Monster but he may be Now......??? :wink:
http://usera.imagecave.com/BCWILL/shed1b.JPG

steveo32
04-13-2007, 08:35 PM
Will pull that out of the garden:mad: looks like a fine shed to nice to leave in the garden.

Dana you going ot the gun show next weekend? just wondering if you are and bringing any racks to get scored

steve

p.s. dana i remember you telling me that rack was a dink but i knew you really wanted it as your own:twisted: thanks again for the shed to that one and for the shed to my buck, took a look at that tonight and i am sure it was him:)

Will
04-13-2007, 08:47 PM
Will pull that out of the garden
Not the Garden...the Garden Shed :lol: , the Wife thinks they stink up the house...:rolleyes:
BTW- Thanks for the Pics of the Mount....Nice ones for sure 8)

Gonna go check out a spot I know that must harbour some GOOD sheds.......it's thick $hit though so might just bumble around wasting time hoping to trip over some :|

Definately gotta get out more this year either way.

steveo32
04-13-2007, 09:28 PM
will no problem about the pics i hope you enjoyed, tell your wife the sheds dont stink if they are big:twisted: just the little ones do lol

steve

ARC
04-13-2007, 09:37 PM
Thanks for the responses guys, at least I have a starting point now.