PDA

View Full Version : Van, Thrasher, Porlier.

05-01-2015, 09:27 PM
Hey everyone,
if you have not heard fishing off Vancouver "the Hump" area is great right now. Nanaimo is also producing some great Chinook fishing, this should continue for the next while if the last few years pattern continues. This fishery some what moves across the straight as time goes by to about Father's Day time frame, Nanaimo Entrance Fingers, Thrasher,Porlier, and other hot it's should be good for the next while .

Get out out there everyone ....... Good luck

CT

RambleOn
05-01-2015, 09:42 PM
I will be trollin` the Hump on Sunday. Good day last Sat got my season started!

100milehousehunter
05-01-2015, 10:28 PM
Limits last weekend for me at Bowen as well.

Foxtail
05-01-2015, 11:26 PM
Wish I had time to get out. Stupid life getting in the way of fun...

lip_ripper00
05-01-2015, 11:37 PM
I am a river fisherman, I have fished the island (outside) never fished inside, have a boat moored and want to get out.... where the hell is the hump? South of Bowen west side? This fishery is new to me.

RambleOn
05-02-2015, 10:45 AM
I am a river fisherman, I have fished the island (outside) never fished inside, have a boat moored and want to get out.... where the hell is the hump? South of Bowen west side? This fishery is new to me.
I am the same. Lived in Chwk and fished the rivers. Moved to the city and now fish the salt all spring and summer. The Hump is south of Bowen you will see it on your sounder or chart. It is quite a large area of around 500ft sourounded by much deeper water. If there are fish there you will see boats. Bait can gather on the hump but you can also hit fish in deeper water sourounding. If you find one take a turn and go back for another.

MB_Boy
05-02-2015, 01:26 PM
I will be trollin` the Hump on Sunday. Good day last Sat got my season started!

Will be out as well.

Have been out quite a bit and things have been good for the most part. If running bait....larger herring (which we have been finding in stomachs) have been helping to keep the Pac Cod away; anchovies are like cocaine for them! Haha.

Gonna try our hot ticket from last weekend too.....NOTHING was working and then threw a glow pearl white hoochie down behind a greenish kinetic flasher and it started kicking out fish!

Can't wait to get over to Thrasher/Grande again but when the Hump is good it's tough to warrant burning the fuel! Had some great days over there last year and even managed 20 or very close to, springs to the boat. Lots of days in double digits too; epic year last year over there for us.....for "inside" waters. :wink:

RambleOn
05-02-2015, 09:06 PM
Thanks MB_Boy for the help on the hooch. I have been reading the 2015 ofishall for additional updates as well ;)

05-09-2015, 10:50 PM
Thrasher Granby area good to us today, last Wednesday couldn't find bait, no takers, no nets .... Today took limits for 2 springs to 17 from 9 lbs. fished out 600 foot area, 140 to 160 spoons and hootchies

Bag1
05-09-2015, 11:54 PM
Offshore Grande was good today, boxed a 12 and a 16 170' 0n Anchovie, spoons, hootchies weren't working for me today.
Curly whats your boat? I feel I should know you for some reason?
Im in the "Outaline" Grady

05-10-2015, 07:49 AM
Offshore Grande was good today, boxed a 12 and a 16 170' 0n Anchovie, spoons, hootchies weren't working for me today.
Curly whats your boat? I feel I should know you for some reason?
Im in the "Outaline" Grady

The 21 Trophy ........ Blue top, with NO TROPHY free advertising labels removed ....... A guy gets sick of seeing the same thing out there ........ GO DEEP

mikethemilkman
05-10-2015, 08:13 AM
porlior is hot buddys were out yesterday with their limits!

05-24-2015, 11:24 AM
Fishing at Thrasher and Porlier has been hit and miss, if you find the bait you usually will find the Springs .... spotty these days, on one day not the next. Still a few being taken at the Hump too and other known haunts are catching more around Vancouver like the Hole In the Wall ...... Just get out there some day the wind is down and enjoy yourself. Take the Crab traps and get something to take home before the commercial opening coming soon.

MB_Boy
05-24-2015, 11:44 AM
Ya.....the last few days at Thrasher/Grande have been tough.

Now.....if you want pollock/cod.....its on fire!!! :lol:

.264winmag
05-24-2015, 03:52 PM
Buddy hit 5 springs below lighthouse off Quadra yesterday...

mikethemilkman
06-11-2015, 07:31 PM
tides haven't been the best at porlior but when it been in our favour its bin good 120-130 mark spoons have worked well

mikethemilkman
06-11-2015, 07:32 PM
side note lingers bin great:)

albravo2
06-11-2015, 07:56 PM
You have to love the way fishermen share info.

Imagine someone on here talking about great hunting in a certain area?

I mean, other than Jelvis.

Flame city.