PDA

View Full Version : Region 3 LEH antlerless deer?

ajr5406
05-01-2015, 07:35 PM
Thinking of putting in a LEH draw for antlerless deer in Region 3. This will be my first season, so want to increase my odds of getting a deer.

I live in the LML, so will probably be doing mainly day hunts.

Any suggestions for zones? Not looking for specific spots, just zones...

Thanks

Ferenc
05-01-2015, 07:39 PM
Take a weekend and try 3-29.... Nice cabins at Red lake
to rent.

Steeleco
05-02-2015, 05:34 AM
3-13 or 3-14 easily hunted on any Nov day with the only issue being the amount of snow should it come early. They are both huge areas with lots of critters if you know where to go.

Alec
05-04-2015, 06:45 PM
Check last year's odds. See if there is a zone that you can access for a reasonable day hunt. The big problem is not finding a deer, its winning the lottery. Many of the antlerless will be in the same lower to mid elevations all season, so do some scouting during the late summer and look for sign.

MichelD
05-06-2015, 03:31 PM
I've had draws in 3-13 and 3-14 in recent years and got skunked. Just proves what Steelco said. If you don't know where to go (I didn't) you're handicapped.

ajr5406
05-07-2015, 12:59 PM
Thanks guys - good tips!

BigfishCanada
05-08-2015, 08:57 AM
yes day trips are for sure not a gimme.

Steeleco
05-08-2015, 09:09 AM
yes day trips are for sure not a gimme. How many of us have had week long trips that weren't gimmies? Last year I didn't even see a doe, but who knew I could hunt in shirt sleeves in November!!

BigfishCanada
05-08-2015, 09:37 AM
How many of us have had week long trips that weren't gimmies? Last year I didn't even see a doe, but who knew I could hunt in shirt sleeves in November!!

Agreed, one year i had a doe draw, didnt see one, but my buddies kept telling me they saw them.

Jim Prawn
05-08-2015, 09:40 AM
Avoid the high country, I have hunted a fair bit in 3-12 up high and know that as soon as the first snow flies (which is usually October) the mule deer start to vanish from the high hills rapidly. Have hunted moose there in November and never saw a mule deer, whereas they are (well, used to be) like rats on cheese in the early season. Also consider a moose draw if there is one wherever you put in for your doe, most November moose draws are way better odds than October.
Good luck.
JP

M.Dean
05-08-2015, 10:17 AM
Thinking of putting in a LEH draw for antlerless deer in Region 3. This will be my first season, so want to increase my odds of getting a deer.

I live in the LML, so will probably be doing mainly day hunts.

Any suggestions for zones? Not looking for specific spots, just zones...

Thanks If, for some unknown reason, lets say you did happen to get a Doe draw up here, in MU "3-27" ( too witch I've claimed it as my "Own Private Hunt'in Area", "No one else allowed" kind'a area, let me know, I'm predd'y sure I may know where there's a big, fat, tender, juicy Mule Deer Doe! I'm not real sure how many Doe draws are allotted up here, but I'm pretty sure a guy'd have a decent chance at taking one home, as long as you had someone show you were they live! Good Luck with the draw, and if you do happen to get one, let me know, I'm pretty sure you might have a good chance at bagging one around there!!