PDA

View Full Version : Where to put in for a moose this year?

ratherbefishin
04-26-2015, 08:38 PM
I hear from my friend,moose numbers are way down in PG....that was always my LEH first choice.If we didn't get a draw(mostly we don't) then it's a long drive to the BC/Yukon border for an 'any bull'GOS .I'd sure like to find a closer area than the Swift River (32 hours drive) to get a reasonable chance for a bull.
The ideal spot would have moose,deer and elk,and reasonable odds of getting an LEH moose draw.Actualy,I'm not fussy,getting a white tail or an elk would be just fine,if no moose were harvested
any ideas?

srupp
04-26-2015, 08:54 PM
Hmmm lots of lakes just south of the swift area that are fly ins and as good as gold for moose..
If someone huys Russ Cummings area that may make a plane on the border an inexpensive moose fly in...Swan Lake.
Steer clear of west of williams lake..anticipate shyte to hit the rotating oscillator..
Steven
Have names of numerous lakes with plenty of moose..

monasheemountainman
04-26-2015, 09:25 PM
There's gos a lot closer than that...

monasheemountainman
04-26-2015, 09:27 PM
Oh I see 'any bull' is what you want. I'd keep putting in for pg if I were you. There are lots of moose there just hike in off the roads to get away from the road warriors

ratherbefishin
04-26-2015, 09:33 PM
Never done a fly in ,but it sounds interesting.I like 'any bull' mainly because I'd hate to shoot what I thought was a legal bull...until I walked up on it

Cordillera
04-28-2015, 10:52 PM
[QUOTE=srupp;1635054]Hmmm lots of lakes just south of the swift area that are fly ins and as good as gold for moose..
If someone huys Russ Cummings area that may make a plane on the border an inexpensive moose fly in...Swan Lake.

There are some awesome lakes south of Swift lake. Is there a plane based anywhere nearby now? Nearest might be Atlin.

hunter fisher
04-29-2015, 06:16 AM
....alaska

moosinaround
04-29-2015, 06:27 AM
My trail cam pictures are proving the no moose, or low moose population in and around PG to be true!! Last year was my first year with a 7+ pack of wolves on my camera!! Geared up this spring with some essential wolf hunting gear for next winter!! I'm heading north this year for moose, and I usually have a pretty good handle on where the moose are around PG! Good hunting to you guys this year! Moosin

Jagermeister
04-29-2015, 10:33 AM
Just don't put in for where I am putting in. And I won't tell you where I am putting in that is just to make sure you will not be putting in for where I am putting in.:tongue:

BRvalley
04-29-2015, 10:51 AM
7B has been successful for me with moose

I don't usually tell people where I hunt, and when I do I usually lie....but I would take advantage of the any bull gos