PDA

View Full Version : turkey hunt fail!!!

yota
04-26-2015, 06:18 PM
started out leaving Friday night with my brother in search of a turkey we figured we would go to oliver and take the back road to mnt baldi and the head to rock creek. we spent the night in oliver and Saturday morning is when everything went wrong. we stopped at Timmys for coffee when we noticed a leak coming from under the truck.... blow main seal just great then my brother locked my keys in the truck so I had to Jimmy the door thank goodness for Canadian tire in the same parking lot. we decided instead of hunting we would just head back home. on our drive back we saw lots. over 100 deer a herd of about 40 elk a huge group of 30 mountain goats 2 of the biggest chocolate bears and about 10 sheep. it was nice to see the animals but truck isn't doing to good. this was the 4th weekend in a row I've been out looking for turkeys with not even a glimpse of a hen. can anyone help point me in the right directing I live in the lower mainland and don't mind driving a distance to an area but not seeing a gobbler is getting discouraging. Thanks in advance.

riflebuilder
04-26-2015, 06:48 PM
Saw a hen on the way home from Church

JasonH
04-26-2015, 07:09 PM
I'll go out in search of a turkey for you in trade for the gps coordinates of all those animals... :razz:

HarryToolips
04-26-2015, 08:47 PM
As was previously mentioned, PM me where you saw all these deer and elk, and I will PM you a very good MU for gobblers, plus a great area there to hit up, my buddy has taken a few from there..

Buck
04-27-2015, 08:02 PM
Got mine In Rock creek.Not too far from town.It is not easy finding them just cruise get out and call.

ajr5406
04-27-2015, 08:06 PM
Ill buy you a nice organic bird from JD farms in exchange for that location???

yota
04-27-2015, 09:49 PM
Lol you guys are all awesome I'll share where I saw the animals but good luck finding them when there open lol the deer were from the top of the hill going out of princeton to whipsaw as well as the elk. goats were in princeton and headley sheep were in headley and the 2 bears were in manning park good luck hahahaha

ps TThanks everyone for the pms and helpful hints of regions to scout

itsy bitsy xj
04-27-2015, 09:55 PM
Lol you guys are all awesome I'll share where I saw the animals but good luck finding them when there open lol the deer were from the top of the hill going out of princeton to whipsaw as well as the elk. goats were in princeton and headley sheep were in headley and the 2 bears were in manning park good luck hahahaha

ps TThanks everyone for the pms and helpful hints of regions to scout

I thought you had stopped at the zoo in aldergrove on your way home lol

bruce0580
04-27-2015, 10:33 PM
Pretty sure the goats are actually sheep around headless
Just saying

Trigger Happy
04-28-2015, 06:48 PM
Thanks bro

rocksteady
04-28-2015, 07:13 PM
Try the frozen meat department at Save On Foods... there is always a flock sitting there... never been skunked...

tuner
04-28-2015, 07:19 PM
Mt.baldy,rock creek, greenwood, Cristina lake,all these areas hold turkeys.