PDA

View Full Version : 5-04 access - Tsilhoqot'in roadblocks?

Andrewh
04-24-2015, 11:02 AM
Hey guys,

Just looking through LEH stuff and was wondering if anyone has any experience with accessing 5-04 from the North from Alexis Creek, primarily getting to Taseko Lake area?

BgBlkDg
04-24-2015, 11:12 AM
I expect that all access in that area will be blocked by Hi yah yah types and the RCMP will back them up as in former times.......

chilcotin hillbilly
04-24-2015, 12:04 PM
I suspect you will find road blocks warning you to stay off the new titled land. Which is now legal, it would be no different then keeping people off your own land.
The roads that are highways maintained are legal easements anything not maintained in there titled area is off limits.

Andrewh
04-24-2015, 12:21 PM
So an FSR going though their land is off limits? Not planning on hunting their land, just passing through 10km of road by the looks of it.

Bugle M In
04-24-2015, 01:38 PM
I Think we are way to soft here....A Convoy of Texans would have those roads open in a second.
Does this kind of BS happen in the States???

Timberj
04-24-2015, 02:16 PM
Been a long time for me...but used to be able to cross the Siwash bridge and head down through Seven Sisters to get to the Taseko area... Also, used to be able to travel down south of Tatla towards Chilco and come out at the Nemiah valley. Maybe be aging myself here though.....

chilcotin hillbilly
04-24-2015, 03:50 PM
Been a long time for me...but used to be able to cross the Siwash bridge and head down through Seven Sisters to get to the Taseko area... Also, used to be able to travel down south of Tatla towards Chilco and come out at the Nemiah valley. Maybe be aging myself here though.....

Chilko way is off limits now.It is all titled land from henry's crossing on.

pg83
04-24-2015, 04:03 PM
It sounds like you are wondering about the Lord River Rd. Heading down the west side of Taseko Lakes. We hunted there multiple times last fall as I drew a moose tag for October and have an annual muley/LEH goat hunt in that country. We didn't have any access issues last year although we did meet the new local park ranger and had natives checking in on our camp site. They do have signs posted on roads both within and outside of their title land.

I own deeded land within the title area and am still trying to figure out what all this stuff means for me. So far, nothing has really changed for my neighbours who live there year round with the exception of hunting.

.330 Dakota
04-24-2015, 04:06 PM
All a crock of BULLSHIT...IMO

Cordillera
04-26-2015, 12:45 PM
I Think we are way to soft here....A Convoy of Texans would have those roads open in a second.
Does this kind of BS happen in the States???

I think in Texas if you tried to hunt on someone's private land without permission you might get an unhappy response.

.330 Dakota
04-26-2015, 03:23 PM
I think in Texas if you tried to hunt on someone's private land without permission you might get an unhappy response.

Difference is we paid for our land and continue to pay via taxes

.330 Dakota
04-26-2015, 07:11 PM
Actually let them have it,,,dont plow the roads,,,cut off the hydro,,,they want to be alone,,lets leave them alone,,maybe blockade the roads so they cant come onto our land

srupp
04-26-2015, 08:08 PM
How about Horn Lake - Sapeye and Bluff Lakes area ? RJ

Think? Those are outside..if feeling better will check tomorrow Bud..
Steven

Crawfy42
04-26-2015, 11:25 PM
By Henry's crossing you mean the Davidson bridge that crosses taseako river?

RB2
04-26-2015, 11:38 PM
Actually let them have it,,,dont plow the roads,,,cut off the hydro,,,they want to be alone,,lets leave them alone,,maybe blockade the roads so they cant come onto our land

Could not agree more.

chilcotin hillbilly
04-27-2015, 06:51 AM
By Henry's crossing you mean the Davidson bridge that crosses taseako river?

henry's crossing is crossing the Chilko river.

.330 Dakota
04-27-2015, 07:23 AM
So can you go to the Davidson Bridge, and turn south along the east side of the Taseko river past the outfitters place or is that off limits too??

pg83
04-28-2015, 07:20 PM
That is outside treaty land, but they are pushing for it still.

.330 Dakota
04-28-2015, 08:56 PM
Kinda thought so

pg83
04-28-2015, 09:07 PM
http://www.fonv.ca/media/Court_cases/titleareajpeg.jpg

Dark green is current title land, light green is what they are still after.

The Dawg
04-28-2015, 09:10 PM
Chief Alphonse spoke at the BCWF AGM this past weekend.

When asked about hunting on their title land, his response was 'Call us, ask permission'

Worth a shot.

Andrewh
04-29-2015, 08:15 AM
Thanks for all the help guys, I am not looking to hunt on the land but simply pass through it. I will call and see what I can arrange.

thanks,
Andrew

pg83
04-29-2015, 01:48 PM
Chief Alphonse spoke at the BCWF AGM this past weekend.

When asked about hunting on their title land, his response was 'Call us, ask permission'

Worth a shot.

I will continue to try and communicate with them, so far my emails have not been responded to. They have a lot on their plate trying to figure out how to run their land at the moment.