PDA

View Full Version : Prime Ion

scottwh
04-21-2015, 08:02 PM
Anyone have or have shot the Prime Ion yet? Think it may fit my needs. Pros, cons?

donny.brooke
04-21-2015, 08:07 PM
All pros no cons lol. Shot a buddies its pretty sweet. Have one on order. Own a rival for my 3d rig and the ion will be my hunting rig

mgnm300
04-22-2015, 06:03 AM
Used to shoot a mathews adrenalin,i still have it but i got the prime ion and can't put it down, Amazing bow to hold and shoot, plus it's pretty quiet.
i'm afraid my mathews will become a wall hanger.

nicktrehearne
04-22-2015, 12:29 PM
Both the Prime Ion and Rival are very hard bows to beat. Smooth, fast, easy to tune, solid wall, the list keeps going on... :)

scottwh
04-23-2015, 05:30 PM
Thanks guys! Will have a Prime ION in my posession tomorow! One just happens to be comming in tomorow in Opti Fade with my name on it :) Things were meant to be :)

Eastbranch
04-24-2015, 08:36 AM
Have you personally shot one? They are LOUD. At least the one I shot was. Super loud hollow twang.

Edge
04-25-2015, 08:21 AM
Both the Prime Ion and Rival are very hard bows to beat. Smooth, fast, easy to tune, solid wall, the list keeps going on... :)

Do you have any comment on the quietness of these bows? My local guy says they are really nice to shoot and quiet as well..just curious

donny.brooke
05-04-2015, 06:59 AM
When there not tuned properly there loud. Mine is one of the quietest bows i have shot. I also put string grubs on the mainstring and cables as its my hunting bow. The local dealer swapped cams on a customers and didnt set the cam synch after and the noise and vibe were pretty bad. Two dots out on synch at full draw. I set it up properly and the bow is dead in hand and whisper quiet.

Edge
05-04-2015, 07:12 AM
thanks..that's good to know...are they hard to keep tuned?

donny.brooke
05-04-2015, 07:30 AM
thanks..that's good to know...are they hard to keep tuned?

Not at all. They come with a 100 cycles on the strings. The three i have owned only needed a half twist on one or the the control cables on original setup and havnt needed any retuning yet. They say they use 452x string material on there website.

donny.brooke
05-04-2015, 03:23 PM
Put the pcxl 3 cams on my ion today and set it up. Shot it with just the sideplates on it and gave it a 100 shot run thru today. Totally impressed. Holds nicer than my rival. The valley is so nice at 85%. Shot it out to 60 and cant wait to zip a carnivore thru a yogi.

Edge
05-07-2015, 06:07 AM
All pros no cons lol. Shot a buddies its pretty sweet. Have one on order. Own a rival for my 3d rig and the ion will be my hunting rig

donny....just out of curiousity, why did you pick the ION for a hunting bow over say...the Alloy ? I"m trying to make up my mind..thanks

nicktrehearne
05-07-2015, 08:17 AM
The biggest thing I had an issue with (that made the bow loud) was the spring suppressor. When it comes from the factory, it is touching the string which makes it quite loud when you shoot. I moved it so there was a 1/16" gap, and that got rid of almost all noise. I do agree though, a lot of it is in the set-up

donny.brooke
05-07-2015, 09:04 AM
donny....just out of curiousity, why did you pick the ION for a hunting bow over say...the Alloy ? I"m trying to make up my mind..thanks

I picked it for a short bow to get into a ground blind.

scottwh
05-10-2015, 10:18 PM
So.... There was a slight delay in getting my bow, but its in now! Keith at High Caliber Sports is great to deal with.... Great handling bow. Cant wait to tune it. Now I just have to find time :)

donny.brooke
05-11-2015, 05:19 AM
I can help you set it up. Let me know.