PDA

View Full Version : Summer Horse trip

mikek
04-20-2015, 09:30 AM
Ive been lucky enouigh to have done a bit of riding north of fort nelson the last couple years, Wokkpash/Macdonald, Tetsa. Old Touchodi trail, this summer i want to try to do some riding on the prophet, Hoping Someone could point me in the right direction of where to start, i was planning on heading in somewhere near Herb and Judys farm. I have pretty fair idea how to access it from the Redfern trail, but im looking for a shorter trip for summer riding without having to take to many days off. Just Looking for a good Parking and jumping off point to cross the river and get headed up stream andsee some country, any info would be appreciated, Thanks Mike

GoatGuy
04-20-2015, 09:39 AM
Get ahold of Bridger

BiG Boar
04-20-2015, 11:28 AM
I went in through truch later in the year last year, but it would be bad bog going that way if it is wet. Really boggy. Brutal actually.

yama49
04-20-2015, 08:22 PM
herbs ranch isnt near the redfern trail.

Liveforthehunt
04-20-2015, 08:30 PM

What he said .... country as in ... you want to hit the mountains or ? Maybe takla cross up there somewhere

mikek
04-21-2015, 08:25 AM
I would like to ride to prophet drainage, I would like to try going upstream from the Trutch side first and possible going west from there to chase elk on the horses in the fall, Just looking for any help on access points to get on the trail running along side the river, any tips to good staging areas and accessing trail is greatly aprreciated. Thanks Mike

yama49
04-21-2015, 08:00 PM
Sent you a pm

weatherbyjunkie
04-22-2015, 08:43 AM

Herb and Judys ranch is private property,Trutch is your only real option

Wydtrak
04-23-2015, 09:13 PM
Herb and Judys ranch is private property,Trutch is your only real option
There is a trail around their place that brings you out on to the Prophet.

bridger
04-23-2015, 09:38 PM
Go to the gymkana grounds at mile 200 trail leaves from there. Old Shell oil road takes you right to the prophet. If it's wet it is a really bad trail several miles of muskeg going across the minker flats til you hit the prophet. Prophet has some tough crossings when the water is high. Best wait til river drops after spring run off. Be careful if you haven't haven't much experience with muskeg and high water that can be a tough trip.

yama49
04-23-2015, 09:53 PM
There is a trail around their place that brings you out on to the Prophet.

That a correct

bridger
04-23-2015, 09:56 PM
That a correct

longer than going in from truth and can be bad if raining. Best to go in from Trutch

yama49
04-23-2015, 10:21 PM
longer than going in from truth and can be bad if raining. Best to go in from Trutch

Thats the only way i have been, but it could be nasty in a wet year also..

375shooter
04-23-2015, 10:38 PM
Go to the gymkana grounds at mile 200 trail leaves from there. Old Shell oil road takes you right to the prophet. If it's wet it is a really bad trail several miles of muskeg going across the minker flats til you hit the prophet. Prophet has some tough crossings when the water is high. Best wait til river drops after spring run off. Be careful if you haven't haven't much experience with muskeg and high water that can be a tough trip.

I would like to go in some day as well. Where exactly is minter flats? Is the trail okay passed that point?

bridger
04-23-2015, 10:39 PM
No easy way to get into that country in a wet year and when the water is high. River isn't bad once you get above Richards Creek.