PDA

View Full Version : Rules for youth pellet gun?

BCBear
04-19-2015, 08:46 AM
If anyone knows whether or not I can do this thanks in advance.

itsy bitsy xj
04-19-2015, 09:06 AM
Under your direct supervision I think he can carry a firearm so an air rifle would be fine

hoochie
04-19-2015, 09:42 AM
go right ahead!
it will start to teach him muzzle control etc, and a great day with dad!

mrdoog
04-19-2015, 11:02 AM
as long as it's a rifle that shoots under 500 fps you're good to go
nothing beats walking with your Dad carrying your own "rifle"
if more parents did stuff like this with their kids we would have a lot less problems in the world

M.Dean
04-19-2015, 02:38 PM
It would take a real pri** of a CO or Cop to bitch about a seven year boy pack'in a pellet rifle with his Dad! When our Kids were young, there was a few neighbors that complained about them walking around carrying there pellet rifles, most of them wanted me to either replace the windows, or at least pay there glass insurance deductibles!!! Hey, I didn't install a window right behind there targets, did I buster??? Some People!

Downtown
04-20-2015, 07:27 AM
Tip from my Hat to you.
Excellent Idea and cant see nothing illegal about that. Our almost 4 year old Grandson is now getting introduced to a BB Gun always under direct subervision and that is the best way to get them started. I just wish they would make something smaller and lighter as the Daisy 105B.

Cheers

Singleshotneeded
04-21-2015, 09:56 AM
If the pellet rifle is less than 500 fps you're golden, if it's over it's considered a firearm and he's too young...you might get a jerk of a game warden that gives you grief over it. Congrats for taking your son out, I've had my boy out with me on casual road hunts for deer and grouse since he was four.