PDA

View Full Version : B.C. wolf cull leads to 'removal' of 84 wolves

Ohwildwon
04-17-2015, 03:41 PM
Here's a link to CBC's take on the matter...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/b-c-wolf-cull-leads-to-removal-of-84-wolves-1.3037023

MRP
04-17-2015, 04:43 PM
I tried to do my part, but was to slow twice. Then life put some needs where My wants, wonted to be. But theirs next year.

BgBlkDg
04-17-2015, 04:53 PM
The usual slurs upon BCs RPBios, from illiterate fanatics and the threats to kill humans from the usual *progressives*, the very same people who vote NDP or Green and support gun bans and *human rights* bureaucrats........

Ironic, eh........

604ksmith
04-17-2015, 04:53 PM
Less than 50% of the targeted cull.

Just proves how difficult Wolves are to locate and outsmart - even with a helicopter!

horshur
04-17-2015, 05:47 PM
Less than 50% of the targeted cull.

Just proves how difficult Wolves are to locate and outsmart - even with a helicopter!

no wolves are in collapse..hopefully not to little to late

M.Dean
04-17-2015, 05:55 PM
I wonder how many of the wolf lovers have ever seen a wolf in the wild? I wonder how many of the wolf lovers have ever heard a wolf howl in the wild? I wonder if the wolf lovers know how a wolf pack feeds off a live caribou? I very likely doubt the people in charge of this cull came up with this idea to save the caribou because they hate wolves! If the wolf packs are left as is, they'll be feeding off every deer and moose for hundreds of miles cuz they ate all the caribou!!! I really wish I could help out with the cull, but my luck I'd fall out of the chopper in 5 feet of fresh snow, right in the middle of about 15 wolves, and my rifles still on the chopper! I'd sooner read about the cull, thanks!

Moose63
04-17-2015, 08:30 PM
Probably an extra few calves out there now.....

ratherbefishin
04-17-2015, 08:44 PM
My only beef is making it public in the first place,they don't involve the media when they do controlled burns to enhance the habitat,they just do it.Same policy should apply to predation control,if excess wolf population is throwing off the normal balance ,just do it.Whats the point in hiring trained biologists to come up with solutions,then invite untrained people to put in their two bits worth based on emotion alone?Some people will protest anything to get a soap box to stand on,ignorance is not a scarce commodity.When it comes to things like this, I respect people's right to their own opinion,I just don't want to hear it...

BgBlkDg
04-17-2015, 10:11 PM
I would agree, but, this sort of *management* by government officials in BC, especially in the S.Selkirks area, has been for almost a century the problem in terms of ecologically-indefensive actions.

For comments of the sort you refer to, see the various articles, letters and responses on the website of the Nelson Star.....some just make me shake my elderly noggin at the ignorance and hate shown by the self-identified *progressive-humanitarian* types, many not even real Kootenay or Canadian people.

NO, the only real victory in this is to be gained through the slow, difficult process of educating the public.......

ACB
04-17-2015, 10:37 PM
I tried to do my part, but was to slow twice. Then life put some needs where My wants, wonted to be. But theirs next year. Don't you have spell check

warnniklz
04-17-2015, 10:50 PM
I'll shoot from a helio for free... I'll even supply ammo and artillery

f350ps
04-17-2015, 11:36 PM
Don't you have spell check
Is that gonna change how many wolves he plans on killing next year? Didn't think so! K

untilthelastbeat
04-18-2015, 12:15 AM
I have a friend who managed to off 30+ wolves over the winter between trapping and the ol rifle

kennyg826
04-18-2015, 12:56 AM
So far, all I've ever "seen" is 1 wolf. You know they're around you all the time, but man are they ever slippery.

MRP
04-18-2015, 07:20 AM

Go cry to the spelling police. Making yourself look better than others just to up your own self in importance. Old, low tech savvy, a dyslexic guys play here too. SO PISS OFF!!!

panhead
04-18-2015, 09:46 AM
So far, all I've ever "seen" is 1 wolf. You know they're around you all the time, but man are they ever slippery.

I've seen a few but only able to pull the trigger on one. Slippery is a good word for them all right.

Get your head out of your apps.

ratherbefishin
04-18-2015, 09:54 AM
We'll never do it in BC(nor should we) but in NewZealand they drop 1080 from helicopters to kill off any species they don't want(where is GreenPeace when they could actually do something useful?)

M.Dean
04-18-2015, 09:58 AM
Go cry to the spelling police. Old, low tech savvy, a dyslexic guys play here too. SO PISS OFF!!! You mean there's more than just me that's "Low Tech" Savvy" and "Dyslexic" and Old to boot? I suddenly don't feel so all alone now, Thanks!!!

Spy
04-18-2015, 10:15 AM
LOL learn the alphabet its ABC not ACB ;-)

Boner
04-18-2015, 10:20 AM
I have a friend who managed to off 30+ wolves over the winter between trapping and the ol rifle

Id like to shake his hand and buy him a case of cold beer.

Ranger95
04-18-2015, 10:30 AM
I would agree, but, this sort of *management* by government officials in BC, especially in the S.Selkirks area, has been for almost a century the problem in terms of ecologically-indefensive actions.

For comments of the sort you refer to, see the various articles, letters and responses on the website of the Nelson Star.....some just make me shake my elderly noggin at the ignorance and hate shown by the self-identified *progressive-humanitarian* types, many not even real Kootenay or Canadian people.

NO, the only real victory in this is to be gained through the slow, difficult process of educating the public.......

The haters will always hate - sooner or later some asshat in BC wil find himself up "sh!t creek" for posting death threats - the Cyber cops take a dim view of these things!

M.Dean
04-18-2015, 10:42 AM
Most people simply can't see if the wolves are left to multiply in these increased numbers, not only will they kill of all the caribou, the deer and moose numbers will drop like a lead balloon also! Way back when, yes the wolf kept the animal herds culled from over populating the land, the wolf ensured that the strong survive, and the sick, old and weak perished. Back then the wolf's only competition was the Native Indians, and I very likely doubt they could wipe out a herd of caribou, moose or deer with the weapons they had. Then, guess who came along? Yep, your right, with them came rifles, lots and lots of rifles!!! So now, with man feeding off the caribou, deer and moose along with the wolf, holy crap, there numbers are decreasing, real fast too! So, about the only way I can see to allow the wolf to run free as they once did, would be for me and you to quit hunting, period!!! And Tim, that Ain't going to happen, not in my life time anyways!!! So, our solution to this problem is??? Yep, your right again, kill Wolves, simple as that!

finngun
04-18-2015, 11:32 AM
mr dean..--I wonder how many of the wolf lovers have ever seen a wolf in the wild?// i'm wolf lover...i love to see wolf front of my wood stove as a rug...and i love wolf mittens..jackets,,etc.. i seen only 1 wolf in wild--too fast for my bullet..but i gonna try again..and i love wolf howling in dark of the woods..rises you neck hair..;-)

untilthelastbeat
04-18-2015, 01:01 PM
Id like to shake his hand and buy him a case of cold beer.

Oh don't worry I already did. He had a hard time with the wolves and his cattle this year so he really hammered em

untilthelastbeat
04-18-2015, 01:03 PM
http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc434/untilthelastbeat/Mobile%20Uploads/20150406_172233_zpsfj7xc2q4.jpg (http://s1211.photobucket.com/user/untilthelastbeat/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20150406_172233_zpsfj7xc2q4.jpg.html)

untilthelastbeat
04-18-2015, 01:04 PM
Thats the skull off the alpha. I was lucky enough to get it

Ohwildwon
04-18-2015, 10:25 PM
Any chance the gov' might allow "Night Hunting" for Wolves only?

Maybe we could push a Lobbyist into investing in Night Scopes, get the ball rolling....:-)

M.Dean
04-18-2015, 10:38 PM
mr dean..--I wonder how many of the wolf lovers have ever seen a wolf in the wild?// i'm wolf lover...i love to see wolf front of my wood stove as a rug...and i love wolf mittens..jackets,,etc.. i seen only 1 wolf in wild--too fast for my bullet..but i gonna try again..and i love wolf howling in dark of the woods..rises you neck hair..;-) We need more "Wolf Lovers" like you finngun!

meesemoot
04-19-2015, 12:58 AM
Go cry to the spelling police. Making yourself look better than others just to up your own self in importance. Old, low tech savvy, a dyslexic guys play here too. SO PISS OFF!!!
Wow, he just asked if the guy had spell check! And for good reason, for anyone who tries to make sense of that post. I think we are here to communicate, not butt heads.

BgBlkDg
04-19-2015, 01:31 AM
I have (finally) learned to just ignore posts like that and those who make them; it seems little enough to learn to write correctly out of simple respect for those with whom you wish to communicate.

So, when someone posts ...piss off..., I just tap the "ignore" button and carry on.........

M.Dean
04-19-2015, 06:53 AM
So, when someone posts ...piss off..., I just tap the "ignore" button and carry on......... Oh wow! That's gott'a be why I can't PM anyone? My last count was 1,672 PM's I sent to guys on the site, and everyone came back saying "Ignored"!!! And I though it was a "Racist" thing! Good to know they just hit the wrong button, by Mistake!

Moose63
04-19-2015, 09:00 PM
Oh don't worry I already did. He had a hard time with the wolves and his cattle this year so he really hammered em

Any tips on how he did this?

I have only seen one wolf, and I wasn't hunting at the time.

untilthelastbeat
04-19-2015, 10:26 PM
Yea he lives In the bush so hes in thier back yard 24/7. Other than that he had alot of traps out. That's pretty much it!

chilcotin hillbilly
04-20-2015, 07:07 AM
Yea he lives In the bush so hes in thier back yard 24/7. Other than that he had alot of traps out. That's pretty much it it!

What region is you buddy in.That is awesome numbers for anyone.

ratherbefishin
04-20-2015, 01:41 PM
How about a bumper sticker'Proud wolf hunter'

HeadingOutside
04-21-2015, 10:59 PM
I'll never forget hunting near Peachland. There was a couple inches of snow on the ground and we had been watching wolf tracks appear around the area for the previous three days. Drove back into camp one morning to find three of them sitting there waiting for us. Blasted the horn and they took off across a frozen lake. Didn't sleep quite so easy that night.
I have no clue how that applies to this thread.

Husky7mm
04-22-2015, 02:22 PM
I'll never forget hunting near Peachland. There was a couple inches of snow on the ground and we had been watching wolf tracks appear around the area for the previous three days. Drove back into camp one morning to find three of them sitting there waiting for us. Blasted the horn and they took off across a frozen lake. Didn't sleep quite so easy that night.
I have no clue how that applies to this thread.

Shoulda blasted the gun!

Husky7mm
04-22-2015, 02:29 PM
I thought the article was decent. It showed both sides of the fence. Having a natives be pro cull carrys better weight than whitie with the antis. Not sure how a few wolf lovers with captive wolves are quailifed to comment against the cull?

untilthelastbeat
04-22-2015, 03:25 PM
He is in reg 3 lillooet area. They had big numbers of wolves coming through this year. More than iv ever seen. And they did a good job doing thier own cull.

scotty30-06
09-11-2015, 07:45 PM
Are there many wolves close to lower mainland...Chilliwack Harrison area?

Asco
09-11-2015, 08:21 PM
More cull please.

Drillbit
09-11-2015, 09:15 PM
I'll shoot from a helio for free... I'll even supply ammo and artillery

I put in a bid basically that low. Just enough to cover the bird and didn't get it.

hopefully next time

Surrey Boy
09-11-2015, 09:29 PM
http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc434/untilthelastbeat/Mobile%20Uploads/20150406_172233_zpsfj7xc2q4.jpg (http://s1211.photobucket.com/user/untilthelastbeat/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20150406_172233_zpsfj7xc2q4.jpg.html)

That photo motivates me to hunt wolves. Would look excellent next to my largest bear skull. I'll be looking into it.

markomoose
09-12-2015, 07:28 AM
Man those canine teeth are made for ripping!Would love to drop a few but as mentioned "slippery buggers"

Good2bCanadian
09-12-2015, 07:31 AM
Region 3 wolf

http://i1040.photobucket.com/albums/b404/good2bcanadian/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps6zhtjatz.jpg (http://s1040.photobucket.com/user/good2bcanadian/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps6zhtjatz.jpg.html)

This one wasn't so slippery

Ohwildwon
09-12-2015, 10:14 AM
Are there many wolves close to lower mainland...Chilliwack Harrison area?

I would say, no...

I would think the wolf population problem would start outside of region 2, and north of HWY 3 till you get east of Osoyoos....

Could maybe add MU 3-15 and most of 3-16 to ^^?

Anyone care to chime in on that?

Coachman
09-12-2015, 11:42 AM
We need " more CULL-Bell"