PDA

View Full Version : Attention Morons!

butcher
04-15-2015, 07:02 AM
During the course of work in the spring I have the opportunity to visit many lakes and streams around the province. Already this year I have witnessed two campfires left burning at sites after the occupants have gone. The last one was beneath some trees in a very windy and dry area.

Use your heads morons! There's a lake 30 yards away! Put your fire out and pick up your garbage.

Done

plumberjustin
04-15-2015, 07:10 AM
I agree. Makes me sick to see such blatant disregard every time I venture into the bush, whether it be a rec site or otherwise. Our wilderness is not a personal garbage can, tho some feel it is. I routinely find myself hauling other people's mess home for proper disposal.

GoatGuy
04-15-2015, 07:31 AM
Already this year I have witnessed two campfires left burning at sites after the occupants have gone. The last one was beneath some trees in a very windy and dry area.

Near mule deer, elk or moose habitat??? :razz:

butcher
04-15-2015, 07:35 AM
Human unfortunately. Smartass

Foxtail
04-15-2015, 07:50 AM
Unfortunately I don't think your message will reach the actual "Morons" as I doubt they are on this site and I would hope the majority ofmembers here wouldn't do such silly things as to leave a fire burning or leaving garbage in the bush... I have been wrong before though.

Sofa King
04-15-2015, 08:57 AM
city folk.

Stone Sheep Steve
04-15-2015, 09:11 AM
Headed up to glass for bears week and a half ago. On the way up there was an unburnt stack of pallets piled pretty high in an area that partiers frequent. On way back down we could see a glow in the distant. Came around the corner and the pile was lit up and raging. We drove by it about 15 yards with windows up and it was like someone passed a heat gun past our faces. Not a sole around.

This was in moose and mule deer habitat ....but, unfortunately, it was still pretty wet.:wink:

Sofa King
04-15-2015, 10:01 AM
see that up gillard all the time. right on the early switchback steep hill.

Iron Glove
04-15-2015, 10:18 AM
city folk.

More likely small town punk kids.
City folks tend to be a bit more environmentally sound.

Sofa King
04-15-2015, 10:25 AM
More likely small town punk kids.
City folks tend to be a bit more environmentally sound.

if its kids, then they are all the same mostly, in general.
but if theyve actually traveled somewhere to camp, then its not punks anymore.
ones that then leave a big mess, etc are more often to be cityfolk who dont spend alot of time in the outdoors and respect it like we do.
i was asmalltown punk kid once also, and we never left big messes when wed go camp for a night or weekend.

f350ps
04-15-2015, 10:40 AM
Probably some metrosexual urban hipster latte swilling Birkenstock wearing BMW driving NDP voting immigrant punk!! Just thought I'd pick up the slack till DB see's this thread! :) K

Hanrahan
04-15-2015, 11:20 AM
We see a lot of fires started by quads and cigarettes in the spring too. Dead dry grass that hasn't turned green yet lights up pretty easy. I believe spark arresters are mandatory now, or will be soon. Nobody thinks that spring is forest fire time, but with all the dead underbrush and trees not having budded, it's actually a fairly dangerous time for fires.

Stone Sheep Steve
04-15-2015, 12:25 PM
We see a lot of fires started by quads and cigarettes in the spring too. Dead dry grass that hasn't turned green yet lights up pretty easy. I believe spark arresters are mandatory now, or will be soon. Nobody thinks that spring is forest fire time, but with all the dead underbrush and trees not having budded, it's actually a fairly dangerous time for fires.

Is it even possible to light a fire in the bush in the Prince Rupert area...even on purpose???:D

Hanrahan
04-15-2015, 12:43 PM
Haha. Not so much on the coast. I was more referring to the interior. The fires we see in the spring, before thunderstorm and lightning season are pretty much all preventable. Pays the bills for me though, so thanks to the "morons" for that. lol

itsy bitsy xj
04-15-2015, 12:57 PM
We once found left burning, we put 4-5 gallons of water on it to get to go out. it had burnt down and was burning under ground in a forested area

Big Lew
04-15-2015, 01:16 PM
Unfortunately there are many that just don't give a s*** and not only
leave garbage, but walk away from their burning fires. It's not only
city folk or youths either. There's so many places within BC that have
become indiscriminate dumping grounds for all manner of garbage by
even the locals. Take a drive only a couple of kms west of Fletcher Lake
and go into any of the side roads. They're all strewn with old stoves, fridges,
and everything else not needed anymore by the locals. They don't have
the decency to designate a proper spot, they just drive in anywhere and dump.

Iron Glove
04-15-2015, 02:53 PM
Probably some metrosexual urban hipster latte swilling Birkenstock wearing BMW driving NDP voting immigrant punk!! Just thought I'd pick up the slack till DB see's this thread! :) K

Nailed it f350ps.
"REAL CANADIANS" don't start fires, leave a mess ............................. :wink:

Carrollizer
04-15-2015, 04:00 PM
Unfortunately "Real Canadians" are becoming a minority...

BCrams
04-15-2015, 04:31 PM
Is it even possible to light a fire in the bush in the Prince Rupert area...even on purpose???:D

Not today.

goatdancer
04-15-2015, 04:42 PM

And what the hell is wrong with wearing Birkenstocks? More likely its those $250 a pair crappy sneakers.