PDA

View Full Version : 7-27 Grizz Draw

TThomsen
04-14-2015, 09:35 PM
Hey everyone I was lucky enough to draw for grizzly in 7-27, I've hunted this area a little but not as familiar with it as others, just wondering if anyone has any experience hunting Gbear in this area and would be willing to share some knowledge with a first timer. I have thought about calling the Takla Band and seeing if they're Grizz Hunter friendly as I know some bands aren't..Good Idea ? Or just go for it?

Cheers,
TT

decker9
04-15-2015, 01:56 AM
I wouldent worry about the band, iv hunted goats in 7-27 a lot, guided for a season, iv never had an issue. As for where to look, we seen G bears once in a while, usually just in the grassy ditches. Natowite and tochcha lake area is where I seen the most. Also up around the head end of takla, across the cottonwood, but being the north side of the mountain, I'm not sure how it will be for snow.
Good luck!!

swampthing
04-15-2015, 06:33 AM
My son got that draw as well, as a " sorry but you can have this draw" consolation. It ends up he goes to apprentice school during our proposed hunt time so we cancelled this hunt. The north end of the lake was the area I was leaning towards. I don't know the area either.

Sitkaspruce
04-15-2015, 07:56 PM
Some good bears around.

Send me a PM and I will pass on some info.

Cheers

SS