PDA

View Full Version : PAL wait time

smallfry14
04-12-2015, 09:50 AM
Need to get my PAL soon, just wondering what to expect on the wait time from the date that I send away the papers. Anybody been through this recently? Are there any ways to speed the process up?

ajeatoo
04-12-2015, 10:00 AM
I just did mine, new applicant. Sent it in beginning of February, had it in the mail about the end of March.

Whonnock Boy
04-12-2015, 10:02 AM
http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?96051-PAL-wait-times&highlight=times

ian745
04-12-2015, 10:03 AM
http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?96051-PAL-wait-times

damn you, ya beat me to it..lol

smallfry14
04-12-2015, 10:14 AM
Good to hear ajeatoo, awesome.

woops I guess I didn't look hard enough lol..thanks guys..don't know how to delete this thread maybe a mod can do it ??

jamesvtr
04-12-2015, 12:55 PM
i waited 3 months last year

curt
04-13-2015, 08:14 AM
I was shocked on my renew did the application on line had it in a week

ajr5406
04-13-2015, 09:04 AM
Lots of threads on this... Seems anywhere from weeks to many many months. If you get it in now, you should have it by hunting season (hopefully).

04-13-2015, 09:08 AM

Hope l have the same turnaround, just did my renewal up on line a couple of days ago and sent off my LATT application, speaking of which....... there was a dirty rumor floating around that ATT's might become something automatically included when we were approved for restricted, any one heard if that proposal ever got any traction?

North Arm Knives
04-13-2015, 09:12 AM
I did mine last august. I got my pal 7 weeks after sending off the paper work.

Make sure you fill everything out correctly , if you don't that can slow it down a lot. A friend of mine did everything correctly except instead of having his photo guarantor sign, date and print the applicant's name on the photo he did only the first two. Basically his name wasn't printed on the back of the photo. They sent it all the way back to him to do that, this added at least a couple weeks to his application.

Basically just take your time and do the application carefully haha

stevo911_
04-13-2015, 09:14 AM
Yes, when you apply for your first restricted, they will automatically give you an ATT, you just need to send them a copy of your range membership. (call them to get the right e-mail address when your restricted transfer is initiated), It's been in place since at least the end of Dec (when I got my first restriced).

Biggest thing to speeding up the process: call them to get your interview done, and have your references on hand so you can pass the phone off to them. RCMP won't leave a voicemail, and if your references don't answer/don't call in you go back to the bottom of the pile.

Ohwildwon
04-13-2015, 09:18 AM
[QUOTE=stevo911_;1630119]Yes, when you apply for your first restricted, they will automatically give you an ATT, you just need to send them a copy of your range membership. (call them to get the right e-mail address when your restricted transfer is initiated), It's been in place since at least the end of Dec (when I got my first restriced).

Biggest thing to speeding up the process: call them to get your interview done, and have your references on hand so you can pass the phone off to them. RCMP won't leave a voicemail, and if your references don't answer/don't call in you go back to the bottom of the pile.[/QUOTE

Absolutly...
Actually had my references phone them. Pal was in the mail the next day....

OKsean
04-15-2015, 09:27 AM
Just got mine this year. I sent away in mid January, had it in my hands the first week of March. I called every other week to check the status of my application. I don't know if it helped or not.

04-19-2015, 09:38 AM
'
Can't believe it! l read your post about online and as was in the process of renewing with paper forms and l checked it out.............last Sunday l filled out my application on line, Wednesday picked up my mail and never got around to looking at it till today. My new pal was in one of the letters that came.....3 days ........fact is truly sometimes stranger then fiction, especially when dealing with gubbermint.:shock:

Badlands62
11-08-2016, 06:17 PM
Sent my renewal in on Oct,17th by registered mail. They received it 5 days later and behold, got in the mail today..

Frango
11-09-2016, 10:13 AM
I did mine online. It took 7 days. I was a little surprised that any form of government could work that fast.

Rotorwash
11-09-2016, 11:53 AM
mine took 100 days but that was just after the LGR was dissolved.

Charts
11-09-2016, 05:22 PM
just did mine and was in hand in 2 weeks. Couldn't believe how quick considering well its the Govt