PDA

View Full Version : An idea on how to speed up the LEH draw

dbergen69
04-11-2015, 06:39 PM
This might be a crazy idea but what if most people filled out their LEH cards and sent them in well before the actual deadline. This would give the folks more time to get the info entered into the system. Maybe they could even got most of it entered before the deadline. This might help get the LEH draw done and results out sooner. Just a crazy thought. This is the first year ever that my group has been organized and sent the cards in early. I dropped 10 cards in the mail yesterday. Usually I am a last minute guy.

Whonnock Boy
04-11-2015, 06:47 PM
Give remaining 60% of allocation to guides and their foreign clients.

MOUNTAIN MICKEY
04-11-2015, 08:49 PM
Why does everybody always need everything "speeded up"???? Relax a little. Its worked just fine the way it is for quite a number of years. I am 69 years old and don't need things speeded up. You will probably live a bit longer if you slow down a bit. If everything gets speeded up I will just get a dirt blanket sooner. GROAN

coach
04-11-2015, 08:55 PM
I hope you remembered to put in for mule deer buck and black bear.

warnniklz
04-12-2015, 09:03 AM
I put mine in last minute so there's less lag time between sending them off and results.

I haven't even bought cards yet, so I'm not antsy about drsw date. But the second they hit the mail, I'm hitting refresh every 5 munutes.

steel_ram
04-12-2015, 09:49 AM
I don't think draws are presently entered as they are received. There use to be a group that would go in and do it all on one weekend, for OT of course.

IMO it should all be done on line anyways, with perhaps a mail/phone/smoke signal option for Festus.

ian745
04-12-2015, 09:50 AM
some of us get "antsy" about it as we havent quite hit that age where we have unlimited time basically to plan and go, my work needs plenty of notice for time off, and i`m the only hunter there so get zero sympathy from the rest of the crew..lol, i need as much time as possible to put in for days off and plan

ducktoller
04-12-2015, 10:13 AM
Why does everybody always need everything "speeded up"???? Relax a little. Its worked just fine the way it is for quite a number of years. I am 69 years old and don't need things speeded up. You will probably live a bit longer if you slow down a bit. If everything gets speeded up I will just get a dirt blanket sooner. GROAN

Sorry slow movement. Some of us work in really fixed work places, vacations are booked at one time and hard to change. At that, I can count on one hand the number of people in my VERY large workplace that hunt, sympathy isn't high.

Time is really more precious and society as sped up for better or worse, and those of us still working age and with less seniority don't benefit from that.

For example my moose draw was basically blown thanks to that, an electronic system that could pile all the results out by May 23rd would have given me ample time for my 60:1 odds once in a lifetime draw.

Really the only difference for you..... is needing to enter it online.

ducktoller
04-12-2015, 10:13 AM
some of us get "antsy" about it as we havent quite hit that age where we have unlimited time basically to plan and go, my work needs plenty of notice for time off, and i`m the only hunter there so get zero sympathy from the rest of the crew..lol, i need as much time as possible to put in for days off and plan

These feels.