PDA

View Full Version : Creston Valley Hunting and Vacation House Rental Question

btridge
04-11-2015, 08:33 AM
I have a 3 bedroom house, sleeps 6, that I am renting for hunting, fishing and vacations. It is located in Wynndel and is 12 minutes from kuskanook harbour on kootenay lake. Located in 4-06, it is ideally located for those that would like to day trip hunt in the surrounding area. Property features plenty of on site parking, washer and dryer, full kitchen, fully furnished, great views. Price is $100 a day or $600 a week for the first bedroom and a extra charge of $20 for each of the 2nd and 3rd bedrooms if needed. Contact me for off season rates. We also have 2 RV sites we are working on. Is there demand for this type of rental, would you consider using it? comments please.
http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz152/btridge/IMG_0726.jpg (http://s823.photobucket.com/user/btridge/media/IMG_0726.jpg.html)[/IMG)
[IMG]http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz152/btridge/IMG_0730.jpg (http://s823.photobucket.com/user/btridge/media/IMG_0730.jpg.html)
http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz152/btridge/IMG_0735.jpg (http://s823.photobucket.com/user/btridge/media/IMG_0735.jpg.html)

Moose63
04-11-2015, 09:05 PM
Any big game sighted nearby?

btridge
04-12-2015, 06:30 AM
Any big game sighted nearby?

Yes, there are GOS for whitetail, mule, elk, turkey, blackbear

.300WSMImpact!
04-12-2015, 08:58 AM
I have a 3 bedroom house, sleeps 6, that I am considering doing weekly rentals for hunting, fishing and vacations. It is located in Wynndel and is 12 minutes from kuskanook harbour on kootenay lake. Located in 4-06, it is ideally located for those that would like to day trip hunt in the surrounding area. Property features an available walk in cooler, plenty of on site parking, washer and dryer, full kitchen, fully furnished, great views. Price would be about $800 a week. Is there demand for this type of rental, would you consider using it? comments please.

If you had trail cam pictures to go with it I am sure people would rent, sounds like a fair idea I would say

Wild one
04-12-2015, 09:09 AM
The guy is offering a place to rent not a guided hunt guys

Islandeer
04-12-2015, 09:12 AM
Fair price, I'd be interested.

btridge
04-12-2015, 12:22 PM
The guy is offering a place to rent not a guided hunt guys

Lots of people on this site have hunted the Creston area and could give advice on where to go in the area, I don't want to get in trouble with guide laws so I will only say that the hunting is good in the GOS seasons if you do your part. the idea behind renting this house would be to give larger hunting and fishing parties an affordable place to rent with kitchen and laundry to help keep costs down. I know that when my hunting and fishing party goes out of town, we have paid far more for much less. My question is, is there enough interest to do this. If not, I will just rent it out long term as I have in the past.

Sniperdan
04-12-2015, 01:24 PM
It is a fair price, I would consider it.

tundra
04-12-2015, 02:58 PM
I would consider it. The price is fair.

sureshot300
04-29-2015, 09:00 PM
Still renting to hunters in Sept for 2015 ?

HeadingOutside
04-29-2015, 09:18 PM
Great price, bit of a long drive but I've done Cranbrook so well within the realm of possibility. Throw some pics up and people will give you some better feedback!
-Dev

btridge
04-30-2015, 03:07 AM
Still renting to hunters in Sept for 2015 ?

We are still working on the details to see if this is feasible, looks like it is at this point.

btridge
04-30-2015, 03:10 AM
Great price, bit of a long drive but I've done Cranbrook so well within the realm of possibility. Throw some pics up and people will give you some better feedback!
-Dev
Working on updates, will post pics when I;m done.

tachi
04-30-2015, 05:25 PM
I would like to rent
any other thing to hunt except whity

-Dev

604ksmith
04-30-2015, 05:29 PM
I have a 3 bedroom house, sleeps 6, that I am considering doing weekly rentals for hunting, fishing and vacations. It is located in Wynndel and is 12 minutes from kuskanook harbour on kootenay lake. Located in 4-06, it is ideally located for those that would like to day trip hunt in the surrounding area. Property features an available walk in cooler, plenty of on site parking, washer and dryer, full kitchen, fully furnished, great views. Price would be about $800 a week. Is there demand for this type of rental, would you consider using it? comments please.

Great idea, I think quite a few people are interested.

If I had a larger group that hunts, I would be too.

Thanks for offering this type of opportunity!

btridge
04-30-2015, 05:38 PM
I would like to rent
any other thing to hunt except whity
Yes, GOS on whitetail and mule deer, elk, black bear and turkey. 4-06 MU

btridge
08-11-2015, 06:52 PM
My wife and I made the decision to do this. We finally have this house for rent, the remodels inside are done and it turned out great. the walkin cooler won't be ready to use till next year but there are 2 other coolers in Wynndel. will put some pics up soon....Dean

btridge
02-11-2016, 09:53 AM
Blacktail Ridge welcomes Drdoug from HBC, thanks for everyones input on our Guest house idea, it is now up and running and We hope to host many HBC members....Dean

Carrollizer
02-11-2016, 10:25 AM
Fair Price and pretty good location. I'd say rent it out to hunters/fishers

scott h
02-12-2016, 12:03 PM
Great to hear you have your place up and running :D
I have a house that I do the exact same thing with in Haida Gwaii renting short term to hunters and fishermen and coincidentally enough for very a similar price. I've never advertised but all of the people staying are word of mouth and then repeat customers. Don't get discouraged I think you have a good business plan in the long run.

Weatherby Fan
02-12-2016, 12:33 PM
our family goes to the Kootenies for 2 weeks hunting every year, this would be ideal for our group.

btridge
02-12-2016, 01:06 PM
our family goes to the Kootenies for 2 weeks hunting every year, this would be ideal for our group.

Let us know when you decide, We just had two hunters in that had a late season elk tag, they had alot of fun day tripping and I think he is going to post his hunt story on HBC, so I will let him tell it.:D

btridge
02-12-2016, 01:09 PM
Great to hear you have your place up and running :D
I have a house that I do the exact same thing with in Haida Gwaii renting short term to hunters and fishermen and coincidentally enough for very a similar price. I've never advertised but all of the people staying are word of mouth and then repeat customers. Don't get discouraged I think you have a good business plan in the long run.
Thanks, good to hear others are doing well doing the same. Where are you located?

btridge
02-12-2016, 04:54 PM
The wash room complete with a 50 gallon hot water tank, shower, flush toilet and sink are done for those that are camping. The walkin cooler is well on its way to completion sheduled for sept 1, 2016. My wife and I are trying to make this very sportsman friendly.http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz152/btridge/walkin%20cooler%20026.jpg (http://s823.photobucket.com/user/btridge/media/walkin%20cooler%20026.jpg.html)

scott h
02-12-2016, 05:28 PM
Thanks, good to hear others are doing well doing the same. Where are you located?

Our place is in Masset and we've had really good luck with hunters and particularly fishermen that apreciate a hunter friendly place to stay. Once guys get a familiar home base with a good bed and shower they seem to really get to know the area. We've had some come back multiple times with their families the next year.

Drdoug
02-12-2016, 08:32 PM
Let us know when you decide, We just had two hunters in that had a late season elk tag, they had alot of fun day tripping and I think he is going to post his hunt story on HBC, so I will let him tell it.:D

Home safe from a great stay at btridge' guest house. My buddy and I had an epic hunt for my first elk and to have a hunter friendly place to stay was priceless. Our hosts were beyond gracious and we felt like we were at home away home. I'll post the hunt story after I rest up a bit but here's a pic of my setup in the living room of the btridge guest house where you can glass the flats. The location is ideal if you want to hunt in 4-06 and even 4-07 and it was really great to have a comfortable bed after a full day of hunting, but you can't beat having a proper place to hang your meat. Also, the locals in Creston and Wynndel were very friendly and helpful in helping us locate one of the elk herds.
http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5678&stc=1

RoscoeP
02-12-2016, 09:25 PM
That looks awesome, I hunted near Creston in 91 and had good whitetail luck.

Krico
04-16-2018, 07:28 PM
Came across this place by accident while out exploring on our turkey hunt this week - awesome facilities, everything you need in hunting accommodations. btridge is a top notch guy and I would recommend this place to anyone hunting near Creston!

btridge
04-16-2018, 08:04 PM
Came across this place by accident while out exploring on our turkey hunt this week - awesome facilities, everything you need in hunting accommodations. btridge is a top notch guy and I would recommend this place to anyone hunting near Creston!
Thanks, Hope to see you again.

BrownBucking69
05-26-2019, 01:38 PM
Hi btridge,

I saw this post and was wondering if your place was still for rent? My buddy and I are going to be in Creston in September for Bow hunting, and we might be in need of a place to stay....
Please let me know.

Thanks a lot.

BrownBucking69