PDA

View Full Version : MU 4-40 no guide outfitter?

Seeker
04-10-2015, 10:04 PM
Hey gang, I am just hoping for some clarification. I was just researching the MU area 4-40 and was looking in the GOABC website under the maps section. It appears to me that the east side of Kinbasket or MU 4-40 has no guide outfitter at this time. Is that correct? I was just discussing the area with my father who knows a guy who knows a guy that said the guides are in there heavy for G bears. Under the new allocation policy NO guide outfitter should be allowed to guide in that region correct? Maybe that was one of those vacant areas that the surounding tenures picked up in the past but are now no longer able to use. thx

The Dawg
04-10-2015, 10:09 PM
http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife/hunting/non_resident/docs/maps/webmaps_kooteny.pdf

There's one in there.

Everett
04-10-2015, 10:23 PM
A good chunk of 4-40 has no outfitter it also has no access which is one of the reasons the ministry has traditionally given out lots of Moose and grizzly tags to cover themselves on regional allocation averaging.

Seeker
04-10-2015, 10:26 PM
Dawg, Initially that's what I thought, maybe I am misinterpreting, but when I look at that map, there is only white around Kinbasket(to me white indicates no tenure). To me 4-40 is on the north east side of the reservoir. Schucks territory according to that map, ends well south of there???

Seeker
04-10-2015, 10:27 PM
ahh, thanks Everett, I'll have to have a chat with pa to see who he thinks has been in there.

Moose Guide
04-10-2015, 10:33 PM
Outfitters can get a permit to hunt unused(no outfitter) areas outside their guiding areas, to hunt cougar, maybe Grizz also.