PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly Hunt Ilegal on Chilcotin First Nation Land!!

Ohwildwon
04-09-2015, 02:42 PM
Tsilhqot’in call grizzly hunt ‘illegal’

http://www.vancouverobserver.com/news/tsilhqot-call-grizzly-hunt-illegal-video

Lets here it...

carnivore
04-09-2015, 02:50 PM
Let the games begin!!

troutseeker
04-09-2015, 02:50 PM
Pretty smart of the minister to increase our tag numbers in an area that we won't be able to hunt. Thompson can say" Hey, don't wine, we ggave you more opportunities, sorry about the natives...". Maybe thhese should have been given to GO so they could strike a deal with the band, some dollars for some bears?

GoatGuy
04-09-2015, 03:04 PM
Grizz hunting on the central coast is in the process of being negotiated away in favour of access for timber and mining activities. Trading off hunters 'rights' for natural resource exploitation.

Currently the grizzly allocation is supposed to go to resident hunters. After the smoke clears at the very least the entire 40% of the non-resident portion will permanently be 'retired', at most grizzly hunting will be closed in its entirety. I think it will be option number 2.

Just like the black bear hunting was reduced to 4 bears/year on the Queen Charlotte island under the liberal government.

The best part of all this is the political wrangling here about liberals/ndp/cons/green party and how the greens or NDP would "shut down the grizz hunt".

Well, it's happening under the liberals. Something to consider when everyone is busy promoting their agenda.

bearvalley
04-09-2015, 03:21 PM
That's one of the problems with throwing out the old "use it or loose it" system in how allocation was dealt with. The future winners will be players like in this circumstance and organization such as Raincoast.
Overall loser will be BC resident hunters.
Just more fallout.

ruger#1
04-09-2015, 03:29 PM
Pretty smart of the minister to increase our tag numbers in an area that we won't be able to hunt. Thompson can say" Hey, don't wine, we ggave you more opportunities, sorry about the natives...". Maybe thhese should have been given to GO so they could strike a deal with the band, some dollars for some bears?

Its just like money for nothing.

huntcoop
04-09-2015, 03:33 PM
If I was lucky enough to receive grizzly LEH tag for that area I'd say f*ck 'em and go hunt anyway, enough is enough.

Ohwildwon
04-09-2015, 03:41 PM
Anyone know of a First Nation GO that sells Griz hunts?

GoatGuy
04-09-2015, 04:07 PM
Anyone know of a First Nation GO that sells Griz hunts?

Tahltan hunt them

bearvalley
04-09-2015, 04:38 PM
As GoatGuy says several Tahltan outfitters hunt grizzlies.
$$$$ and glamorized cultural beliefs make memories short as old time west Chilcotin FNs and Bella Coola coastal natives used to not have an issue with shooting a grizzly.

srupp
04-09-2015, 05:28 PM
Hmmm Clayton Mack sure is a local legend, native and one of the greatest grizzly guides ever, kepta lot of families fed...and a dear friend.
Hmm know the gent that drew the grizz tag..hmmm
Srupp

bearvalley
04-09-2015, 05:38 PM
Hmmm Clayton Mack sure is a local legend, native and one of the greatest grizzly guides ever, kepta lot of families fed...and a dear friend.
Hmm know the gent that drew the grizz tag..hmmm
Srupp
You are right srupp, but I can already hear it..... "that Clayton, he was part white man"......

chilcotin hillbilly
04-09-2015, 05:57 PM

YOu believe everything you read from the Observer!!!
You can still hunt about 600 sq miles without hunting on their titled land. It is funny that it is ok for them to shoot them but for us to hunt them different story!

scoutlt1
04-09-2015, 06:01 PM
The trigger was first pulled in January 2014 to re-start the controversial hunt in the area after 13 years of being off limits to hunters due to over kills.

That's great reporting right there........

We'll be putting in for a Grizzly hunt, in the most "controversial" regions possible!

And oh yeah, if anyone thinks there will be any "checking in" on any hunt I am legally entitled to, dream the f*ck on.

Bugle M In
04-09-2015, 06:19 PM
The trigger was first pulled in January 2014 to re-start the controversial hunt in the area after 13 years of being off limits to hunters due to over kills.

That's great reporting right there........

We'll be putting in for a Grizzly hunt, in the most "controversial" regions possible!

And oh yeah, if anyone thinks there will be any "checking in" on any hunt I am legally entitled to, dream the f*ck on.

Agreed...
Record everything just in case...
And if need be, take it to the highest courts if they get in the way.
Now, it might be possible to get them where it hurts the most....in THEIR pocket book...now that they have money.

04-09-2015, 06:40 PM
I'd rather them closed then go to NON RESIDENTS ........ PERIOD.

gutpile
04-09-2015, 10:41 PM
[QUOTE=curly top;1628646]I'd rather them closed then go to NON RESIDENTS ........ PERIOD.[/QUOTE
I disagree , do you know what it would look like to the public if non residents were able to hunt and we couldn't .

04-09-2015, 10:45 PM
[QUOTE=curly top;1628646]I'd rather them closed then go to NON RESIDENTS ........ PERIOD.[/QUOTE
I disagree , do you know what it would look like to the public if non residents were able to hunt and we couldn't .

read the quote SLOWLLLLLLYYYYYYY

cuervosail
04-10-2015, 03:27 PM
Tahltan hunt them
Which ones? Do you have some contact info?

KodiakHntr
04-10-2015, 03:45 PM
read the quote SLOWLLLLLLYYYYYYY

He probably did......

I'd rather them closed then go to NON RESIDENTS ........ PERIOD.

If'n you'd put "than" instead, you'd have been correct.....

Spelling counts. :)

ruger#1
04-10-2015, 03:46 PM
[QUOTE=curly top;1628776]

He probably did......

Nice catch, KH

04-10-2015, 04:31 PM
He probably did......

holy CRAP English lessons on a HUNTIN web site ....... Who'd a thinking dat .......

Dats some funny shat dar K H

Rather cee dem closed then Non Residents gettin dem

srupp
04-10-2015, 05:52 PM
Hmmm another land claim yesterday..on Vancouver Island...hundreds of millions of dollars. .and land.
Province will need to look at where us taxpayers are going to live...bullshyte
Steven

Goose
04-10-2015, 06:12 PM
“If [grizzly] hunters come on to Tsilhqot’in title lands, they better check with us,” he added.

You know what that means.....Come in, give us X amount of money and/or hire our guide, and have a great hunt....might as well take 2 while your out there

Im not trying to bash any natives here, just sayin it'll turn into a money grab

warren0427
04-10-2015, 07:16 PM
I find this utterly infuriating! Do they own the wildlife? No! And as much as it enrages a guy, what do we do about it? I'm serious, what can I do? All the talk in the world does little good. it scares the crap out of me that my kids might not have the opportunity to hunt like I have had. Between the allocation mess and natives horriding land BC'S hunting is seriously at risk. I do realize some groups have started to fight but it's time for all of us to throw our support in. Sure it will be there somewhat, to a certain extent but not like it is now. I feel if we don't start taking this more seriously and banding together, it will be to late. Resident hunters all as one.

srupp
04-10-2015, 07:45 PM
Hmmm the poop will only hit the rotating ossilator when the $$$$$ in vancouver Kelowna see reduced services..increased taxes and giant chunks of BC off limits to the very people supplying those dollars..no one in Van gives a shyte about the Cariboo, or the Island only when huge chunks are gone will they see the big picture..no temporary judge should have the ability to give Canada away as a new nation..its still A Democracy..97 % are not indians..I woul be willing to bet no Canadian would agree with alienating BC one chunk at a time till its gone....the wildlife is a rounding error compared to the giving of my land to indians.
Steven