PDA

View Full Version : Typical Yankee arrogance!

BgBlkDg
04-09-2015, 06:50 AM
Last January, I joined an American site, Rokslide, and soon found that ONLY certain attitudes were acceptable; one could NOT, for example, post facts about a major player in the backpacking hunting market as one of the sites main mods is one of the company flacks for this outfit.

Later, Kawdy from HBC posted a request to the supposed sportsmen-hunters there to please refrain from booking with GOs here to support our struggle here....I posted in support.

A couple days ago, a guy there asked about BC RM Goat hunts here and I POLITELY posted concerning our issue asking for support. I was mocked, reviled and then banned by the stooge who works for that gear outfit. I expected some such BS from him, among the most ludicrous egomaniacs I have met on the net.

So, the real issue, as I had already logged off for good, is the ENTITLED attitude of Yanks, some even commented negatively on OUR allocation policies requiring GOs, the costs of hunting here and pretty much insisted that we should allow THEM DIY hunts. I am not surprised as I have experienced this for years, the crowding on Kootenay Lake, is one example.

I will be 69 at the end of June, I intend to spend whatever time it takes for the remainder of my life, to bring about a total BAN lon Yankees hunting-angling here and will begin by patrols to tell any I find that they are NOT welcome......I will be ready for any potential pushback, as I have been threatened on one site in the past.

I have finally just had ENOUGH of Yankee arrogance, entitlement and strutting, bellicose pretense to be *mountain men*. let them stay home.

digginsweatinswearin
04-09-2015, 07:02 AM
They aren't welcome here, never have been but their money damn sure is.

Island Idiots
04-09-2015, 07:28 AM
Aww c'mon us Yankees aint so bad!

You would be surprised how many of us are lurking on here. Not everyone is a Canadian Citizen ya know!

I'm a Yankee and I am a proud resident hunter.:cool:

Liveforthehunt
04-09-2015, 07:31 AM
Aww c'mon us Yankees aint so bad!

You would be surprised how many of us are lurking on here. Not everyone is a Canadian Citizen ya know!

I'm a Yankee and I am a proud resident hunter.:cool:

F*cking Yankee gdjdhhdbxjdh ;)

BgBlkDg
04-09-2015, 07:33 AM
I have dealt with Americans in the resource sector since the 1950s, I KNOW how most see Canada and their supposed *right* to OUR resources, so, I am not likely to view their hunting-angling here with any further approval.

I will leave it there for now, but, my decision as to my future actions has been several years in developing and will not change now.

Island Idiots
04-09-2015, 08:14 AM
I'm actually a Yankee spy and have been sent here to corrupt the system and promote mistrust and report back home so they can plan their attack on Canadian Wildlife laws and ensure they have unfettered access to all canadian wildlife and can pillage Canada.

Your tinfoil hat is on too tight.! :roll:

Brez
04-09-2015, 08:15 AM
I hear you. It's hard to not paint them all with the same brush, so bring out the spray gun!
I say, go one step farther and boycott them and their products. We don't need them or their money or their stuff. Stop buying their guns, bullets, scopes, binoculars, powder, fishing gear, automobiles, tires, food, etc. That'll teach them arrogant b@$tards! Its time for us to stop saying "Sorry" and being polite.
I'll go get my coffee......

Sylus
04-09-2015, 08:16 AM
That's to bad about the forum. How are you gonna go about enacting a ban on American hunter-anglers in BC?

Stone Sheep Steve
04-09-2015, 08:20 AM
Please us what kind of pack we should NOT be buying. Kifaru??

BiG Boar
04-09-2015, 08:22 AM
You've got to keep in mind that they are letting us Canadians do DIY hunts in the states for many animals. Even sheep. I think you are the one with the entitlement issues.

The forum is no different than this one. Bash a sponser people don't last long.

gutpile
04-09-2015, 08:30 AM
You can't pant them all with the same brush !

Rackmastr
04-09-2015, 08:32 AM
This thread is going to be interesting.....Pass the popcorn!

tuner
04-09-2015, 08:33 AM
" manifest destiny" would explain the attitude.

BgBlkDg
04-09-2015, 08:37 AM
I see, well I DO in fact believe that I and other Canadians ARE entitled to OUR resources and if other CANADIANS disagree, that is their right.

I do not much care, one way or another, about Yanks, in THEIR country, but, it does seem rather *interesting* that the current issue here concerning allocation and control of OUR game by foreign owned, almost all American, GOs, has come about since Campbell-Clark, changed our laws to allow them to purchase GO concessions and employ other foreigners.

We Canadians, that is REAL Canadians, have certain fundamental RIGHTS in OUR country and IF we do not SOON fight to preserve these, they WILL be taken from us by aggressive foreigners....which, IS now happening in various resource sectors.

So, do as you see fit, I think that the BC non-hunting public, based on my reading of many media sites is strongly opposed to foreign hunting and even angling here and that is where the final decision will be made. I do know that VERY few Kootenay people are in favour of US hunters there and, like it or not, there is simply not enough game there now for our needs, so, foreigners should not be allowed.

JMHO, worth some serious discussion, I think.

BgBlkDg
04-09-2015, 08:39 AM
" manifest destiny" would explain the attitude.

Exactly, and look at the current *Columbia River Treaty* renewal negotiations, it is STILL the same, old greedy crap!

04-09-2015, 08:46 AM
http://www.rokslide.com/forums/showthread.php?28403-Planning-a-MT-Goat-Hunt-in-BC-i-think-What-outfitter
Seems like the usual end to your different names on forums over the years.

bearvalley
04-09-2015, 08:53 AM
BgBlkDg, don't sweat it that Rokslide booted you.
If you were an outfitter or a guide you'de have been banned from here a few weeks ago.
At least you still have a place to vent.
IMHO

itsy bitsy xj
04-09-2015, 09:08 AM
GO HOME YANKEE *******S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!but leave your wallets on your way

BgBlkDg
04-09-2015, 09:11 AM
Laffin*, cause I don't care about the ban, I had already left.....I actually CARE about BC-Canada and OUR sovereignity, resource uses and conservation.

Do you KNOW just WHO these GOs ARE by name who you claim have been banned here, I have not noticed this happening, but, as I am old and entitled, I may have missed something.

Mulehahn
04-09-2015, 09:25 AM
Have never hunted in the states, but have fished there quite a bit. From Alaska, to California, Florida, Texas, and the Bass states. Have never had a problem. In fact I have had way worse experiences fishing in busy lakes and rivers in BC than any thing I have experienced in the States. On rivers so busy it would make the Vedder look deserted nothing but respect. Fishing a crowded bass lake have had people teach me bass fish. The only thing I will say is that in my experience the rift between rifle hunters and archery hunters in the USA is huge. I dabble in both, so I can usually make it out ok, but learn your audience first. Now I am not saying there isn't a few bad apples, but there some in every group (including Canada).

itsy bitsy xj
04-09-2015, 09:27 AM
It seems from what I have seen and heard that alot of Yanks think of Canada as a third world country they can pillage as they want, or as just an extention of their country that wants to become the next state

bearvalley
04-09-2015, 09:33 AM
Do you KNOW just WHO these GOs ARE by name who you claim have been banned here, I have not noticed this happening, but, as I am old and entitled, I may have missed something.

Seems we used to have a Hunter of the Stone on here, and an Argali. They both got punted. Neither ones a GO and only one of them was in the past. The stance they presented didn't set well with some.
Several others have quit posting here, even though some still lurk.
Some have thick hides and have managed to stay around.
You're old and entitled, so while you're idling away your time, read some back posts, you might pick something up.

Ranger95
04-09-2015, 09:33 AM
BgBlkdg - just chalk it up to another forum you got banned off, don't worry too much, there are loads of others that you can join! :lol: :lol:

Give it a couple of months and rejoin as lilblkpch...;-)

Foxtail
04-09-2015, 10:13 AM
If you had already left... How do you know you got banned?

Wild one
04-09-2015, 10:18 AM
Don't forget the issues we face here with allocation some non residents will look at it as beneficial to them.

Don't need to look at the US to find those who do not care about the allocation issue you can find plenty here in Canada and even BC.

The truth is if it does not have a negative impact on the individual personally many don't care about anothers fight for what they feel is right.

This is really just human nature some just don't care about others

The Hermit
04-09-2015, 10:21 AM
Once again, I blame OUR governments both federal and provincial for giving away the farm, quite literally. We need to reel them in big time on "commercial foreign relations". Xenophobia however is not the answer... relationships do require give and take and compromise in order to work. We simply can't block foreigners out entirely but we can certainly do a MUCH better job of controlling the puck in our own end!

In this context, the world is made up of two kinds of states, takers and victims, and it has always been so. American foreign policy has a long and sorted history of egregious war, subterfuge, and interference around the world for which they are truly despised and hated. The same can be said for England, China, Russia to name a few others. The world has changed drastically in the last half century, and not for the better. I believe that first world politicians are now mostly puppets and mouth pieces who's sphere of influence extends only to internally enabling the will of the real power brokers by manipulating the legal context for wholesale access to the world's resources. True power rests now in the hands of VERY few people, an oligarchy of the wealthiest .01% of the world that control most of the planet's resources. They are pulling the strings... Interesting article for you http://www.forbes.com/sites/laurashin/2014/01/23/the-85-richest-people-in-the-world-have-as-much-wealth-as-the-3-5-billion-poorest/

Not withstanding the above, we need to be able to distinguish between a country's policy and behaviour and the nature of its people. I've travelled some in the US and have a lots of American friends and acquaintances. I can honestly say that I've only met a handful of Americans that I didn't like. For the most part I've found them to be a generous of spirit, kind, friendly, and helpful people... even New Yorkers!

I believe in reciprocity in relationships. I want the availability to hunt in other countries and so we need to enable a fair and reasonable opportunity for foreigners to hunt here. BgBlkDg is correct in an earlier post where he points out that finding that "fair and reasonable" balance is the tricky part.

BgBlkDg
04-09-2015, 10:29 AM
I had written a long, detailed and VERY polite PM to the chap who wants to hunt the RMG here and this was in the early AM, it bounced back as his Inbox was full, so, I went back to try again and found I was as they posted given the *boot*. I do not care but there is a point here I consider relevant to our issue and actually fundamental to continuing sovereignity.

Simply, whenever a Yank WANTS to get help to hunt here, its all *we are brother hunters and yada, yada, yada*, BUT, when a Canadian DARES to post anything concerning OUR sovereign rights in OUR country, well, THAT is different.

Then, we get all the usual slurs on such an individual, on Canada and the comments about how we PAY SO MUCH, we should be allowed to do our DIY hunts, blah, blah, blah.....

This, after about 12 years on the net posting for OUR rights, was just the final straw, we do NOT benefit from Yanks hunting-angling here and I am finally so tired of their arrogance and pretension that I no longer am willing to have them allowed here....and, the public will soon demand a stop to this.

Those Canadians, who wish to disagree can lobby as they see fit, but, these Yanks are NOT our brother hunters and they WILL be banned, I expect to read all the usual BS about *American exceptionalism* and how they *defend* us and yap, yap, yap.....wont change my mind.

Cyrus
04-09-2015, 10:44 AM
We are the americans 51st state, been for a while...Republican wanna be Harper likes it that way..

Spy
04-09-2015, 10:46 AM
Seems we used to have a Hunter of the Stone on here, and an Argali. They both got punted. Neither ones a GO and only one of them was in the past. The stance they presented didn't set well with some.
You're old and entitled, so while you're idling away your time, read some back posts, you might pick something up.
You still seem to be here ! Hunter of the stone had already being banned & came back under another user name. The several that "quit" posting new they were loosing the battle after being called out on their BS & chose to run for the hills.

04-09-2015, 11:10 AM
Personally, I have no problem with Americans coming north and enjoying our Canadian wilderness. I have liked most of the Americans I've met, and I lived down there for a few years.

bearvalley
04-09-2015, 11:13 AM
You still seem to be here ! Hunter of the stone had already being banned & came back under another user name. The several that "quit" posting new they were loosing the battle after being called out on their BS & chose to run for the hills.
Argali?
Depends on who the viewer is as to who's peddling the BS, don't you think.

GoatGuy
04-09-2015, 12:06 PM
We are allowed to hunt in the US, and other Canadian Provinces as "non-residents" - I don't see why we would not reciprocate so long as we are all sharing at about the same rate, under the same rules.

BgBlkDg
04-09-2015, 12:26 PM
I certainly DO most strongly support our fellow CANADIANS hunting here, would be happy to allocate a percentage of our AAH to them for DIY or PTA hunts, but, with the exception of Kiwis and Aussies, NO foreigners, especially Yankees.

I do NOT like to see other Canadians lumped in with foreigners such as Americans.

ACE
04-09-2015, 12:34 PM
Exactly, and look at the current *Columbia River Treaty* renewal negotiations, it is STILL the same, old greedy crap!

Teck Resources Ltd. ...... Trail B.C.
Polluting the Columbia ....

It's foolish to paint all Americans as you do ....

300rum700
04-09-2015, 12:42 PM
If your the guy who posted on Rokslide about not hunting with GOABC members, I'm glad they gave you the punt. Shamelessly high jacking threads to do with the hunting in BC to ramble on about things that really have nothing to do with them was very poor judgement and really made us look like a bunch of pussies that cant fight our own fight. You weren't doing us any favors and were quite embarrassing for our cause. This is our fight don't bring anyone else into it. My apologies if it wasn't you.

Foxtail
04-09-2015, 12:43 PM
I think you would have been better off requesting that the fellow asking about GO's in BC, use one that is NOT a member of the GOABC. And then offer a couple GO's. The way it comes off as you put it was, Stay out of MY Country! Which is not the goal. Or atleast it shouldn't be. Information is the best tool. If someone had some numbers to give those US fellows on that site, like how many GO's went over quota last season and by how much with little to no repercussions, and how many lost money due to too low of hunt sales but got more quota this season... Data is what will change minds... Not strong opinion or bullying tactics.

BgBlkDg
04-09-2015, 12:48 PM
You are welcome to your opinion and mine differs, obviously, but, in my 53+ years of active volunteer activity in BC conservation, I long ago learned that one has to do what one thinks best, even though some will cast slurs and make stupid comments, its all part of the battle.

untilthelastbeat
04-09-2015, 12:54 PM
I agree with foxtail..
After reading YOUR post on ROCK SLIDE, it SEEMS like ALL you have DONE is make a FOOL of YOUR SELF and paint all of US with the same brush... lol. Making threats about bc residents disrupting hunts isn't cool in my eyes and not sportsman like behavior by any means. Sure we have a fight with GO'S but if that was going on in another country and I had lets say gone on my dream hunt for new Zealand red stag and some resident threatened my hunt because of his fight with my guide wouldn't impress me too much.. I think your heart was in the right place but you went about it with the wrong manner and in turn just gave us bc residents a bad image..

BgBlkDg
04-09-2015, 12:54 PM
FT, the above does not refer to you and you may well be correct, but, another aspect of this is that I have no offspring, none of my surviving family hunts and I can afford to and have the gear and some health to just enjoy my remaining years while you who WILL really suffer from the allocation imbroglio do the heavy lifting to TRY to keep our hunting.

Maybe, I SHOULD just not bother, but, I thought that I was helping and NOT *bullying*, what a preposterous idea.

As to *stay out of MY country*, not mentioned in my posts there, BUT, that will be my focus henceforth as this is the ONLY way in which the GOABC can be defeated permanently.

BgBlkDg
04-09-2015, 12:58 PM
I agree with foxtail..
After reading YOUR post on ROCK SLIDE, it SEEMS like ALL you have DONE is make a FOOL of YOUR SELF and paint all of US with the same brush... lol. Making threats about bc residents disrupting hunts isn't cool in my eyes and not sportsman like behavior by any means. Sure we have a fight with GO'S but if that was going on in another country and I had lets say gone on my dream hunt for new Zealand red stag and some resident threatened my hunt because of his fight with my guide wouldn't impress me too much.. I think your heart was in the right place but you went about it with the wrong manner and in turn just gave us bc residents a bad image..

Oh, well, what are YOU doing as I am always willing to learn and try to improve.

Spy
04-09-2015, 01:12 PM
I agree with foxtail..
What do you expect Resident Hunters to do? We have no other recourse The more "foreign" Trophy hunters who are scared to come hunt because BC Resident Hunters might shoot "their" bull the better! Sounds like they are getting the message! Good Job BBD now more of us should be doing the same getting the message out ! The GOABC & the LIBs have had their chance to fix this mess, they chose not to! Next thread will be a map with all the guides camps on, Resident Hunters welcome! Yup two can play this game. We the Resident Hunters will win eventually :-)

bigdogeh
04-09-2015, 01:31 PM
I'm thankful there are guys here willing to stand up for OUR rights. maybe not the way some would like to see the battle fought but it needs to be fought on all fronts. we didn't ask for this war but we'll fight it.... and I appreciate anyone standing up for our public resources. sadly I didn't see any Americans having much sympathy for us when reading that thread from the forum that BBD was expelled from. but then they and their children don't have anything to lose from what's happening here in BC.

BgBlkDg
04-09-2015, 01:35 PM
Thanks, the GOABC will NEVER give in to we the OWNERS of BCs game UNLESS we destroy their major client base. I was hoping that the Yanks on RS might see what my posts were/are really about, but, their *exceptionalism* blinds most Americans to how others feel and we are now in the final, definitive battle for our hunting.

Sad, as I have offered to take a few Yanks on hunts here, legally, but, I feel it is my duty to do as I have done and will continue to do.

Gateholio
04-09-2015, 01:43 PM

Let's deal with the truth here. "Hunter of the Stone" was Willy 442, who was banned long before the allocation dispute.

He came back on and actually served a useful purpose for awhile (by demonstrating to resident hunters WHY they should get involved) but he then returned to attacking people, and made some false allegations. So back to the ban list he went.

ACE
04-09-2015, 02:16 PM
BBD ....... what are going to do to an American hunter, camper, tourist, U.S. citizen travelling to Alaska, fisherman, or guest ?
Harassment ?
Rude ?
Anything physical ?
Spell it out .....

bearvalley
04-09-2015, 02:25 PM
We are allowed to hunt in the US, and other Canadian Provinces as "non-residents" - I don't see why we would not reciprocate so long as we are all sharing at about the same rate, under the same rules.
Jesse, you know as well as I that the opportunities to hunt for both residents and non residents are better in BC than most any other jurisdiction. We both have listened to non resident hunters and most are envious of what we have here and the system in place. The system may have some flaws, so let's work on fixing some of them. Many of the ones that want to throw out guides and go to a "wide open, over the counter or unguided LEH system for non residents don't have a clue as to the consequences that could create.
The share rate we have in place is about the same as others have, their are some differences in rules, and some see that as good.
There was a statement made about a month ago........" There has been a well orchestrated campaign of misinformation and manipulation of data coming from a particular segment of the resident hunting community relating to the harvest opportunities enjoyed by British Columbians. As such it has lead to widespread confusion and anger over the actual allocation and harvest of BC's wildlife."
The numbers and percentages on the allocation issue have been put out by Government and both GOABC and the WSC.
No one has put up any factual numbers to say otherwise. Guesses are just that and carry no weight.
Whats really pathetic about this power struggle is when prospective clients of outfitters and fellow hunters to all of us get pulled into this fiasco by threats of intimidation by posters like BgBlkDg.
My hat is off to Rokslide for giving him the boot.
Just my opinion, for what it's worth.

GoatGuy
04-09-2015, 02:35 PM
Jesse, you know as well as I that the opportunities to hunt for both residents and non residents are better in BC than most any other jurisdiction. We both have listened to non resident hunters and most are envious of what we have here and the system in place. The system may have some flaws, so let's work on fixing some of them. Many of the ones that want to throw out guides and go to a "wide open, over the counter or unguided LEH system for non residents don't have a clue as to the consequences that could create.
The share rate we have in place is about the same as others have, their are some differences in rules, and some see that as good.
There was a statement made about a month ago........" There has been a well orchestrated campaign of misinformation and manipulation of data coming from a particular segment of the resident hunting community relating to the harvest opportunities enjoyed by British Columbians. As such it has lead to widespread confusion and anger over the actual allocation and harvest of BC's wildlife."
The numbers and percentages on the allocation issue have been put out by Government and both GOABC and the WSC.
No one has put up any factual numbers to say otherwise. Guesses are just that and carry no weight.
Whats really pathetic about this power struggle is when prospective clients of outfitters and fellow hunters to all of us get pulled into this fiasco by threats of intimidation by posters like BgBlkDg.

There have been lots of statements........... about divorces and bankruptcies as well.

Imagine more numbers and 'statements' will be coming out lol.

Some days you just have to laugh.

bearvalley
04-09-2015, 02:39 PM
Some days you just have to laugh.

You're right on that.

Spy
04-09-2015, 02:40 PM
LOL you forgot to say " its only 60 animals" What was wrong with the agreed apon 2007 policy? why did they change it? "Threats of in intimidation" thats a new one is that like the lazer pointer and the slashed tires ? Nothing wrong with Resident Hunters camping and hunting where they want in BC, even if its right on top of a guides camp! Time to phone up your buddy's in the GOABC and tell them to fix this shit before you loose your shirt!

bearvalley
04-09-2015, 02:50 PM
Let's deal with the truth here. "Hunter of the Stone" was Willy 442, who was banned long before the allocation dispute.

He came back on and actually served a useful purpose for awhile (by demonstrating to resident hunters WHY they should get involved) but he then returned to attacking people, and made some false allegations. So back to the ban list he went.
Regardless as to him being Willy 442, he got the punt.
Attacking people and making false allegations seems to be quiet commonplace, as long as it's done selectively.
I personally don't know Bill, but do respect that he is a hunter and has a lot of knowledge to share, even though it wasn't what all wanted to hear.
There still are a few rednecks out there that tell it like it is. JMO

bearvalley
04-09-2015, 03:10 PM
LOL you forgot to say " its only 60 animals" What was wrong with the agreed apon 2007 policy? why did they change it? "Threats of in intimidation" thats a new one is that like the lazer pointer and the slashed tires ? Nothing wrong with Resident Hunters camping and hunting where they want in BC, even if its right on top of a guides camp! Time to phone up your buddy's in the GOABC and tell them to fix this shit before you loose your shirt!
Spy, like they say....You just can't fix stupid.
I don't think I'll be phoning my buddies in GOABC, and I don't think I'll be losing my shirt.
And no, not threats of intimidation, just good natured advice like...." be aware that MANY resident hunters WILL be deliberately hunting, camping and just hanging out in various GO concession areas to legally disrupt hunts".
Posted on Rokslide under the user name of AXEL.
Sure glad he's on your team. JMO

BgBlkDg
04-09-2015, 03:27 PM
I might point out that this exact policy has been repeatedly posted here and on 24Hr., I merely posted the info. on RS to try to inform the trophy collectors on that site what many BC folks were saying. This, is NOT intimidation, other than to a coward of the sort that makes false claims about supposed thefts by resident hunters and about the vicious attacks by LAZERS.....WOW, yeah, in these cases as with so much of the GO bullcrap we read, STUPID is the correct term.

However, you ARE going to LOSE and this will be an enjoyable spectacle for we decent resident hunters to watch!

bearvalley
04-09-2015, 03:36 PM
I might point out that this exact policy has been repeatedly posted here and on 24Hr., I merely posted the info. on RS to try to inform the trophy collectors on that site what many BC folks were saying. This, is NOT intimidation, other than to a coward of the sort that makes false claims about supposed thefts by resident hunters and about the vicious attacks by LAZERS.....WOW, yeah, in these cases as with so much of the GO bullcrap we read, STUPID is the correct term.

However, you ARE going to LOSE and this will be an enjoyable spectacle for we decent resident hunters to watch!
Are you intoxicated Dewey? Those that know me know I don't make false claims. As for crying about supposed thefts and laser attacks, it's not my style.
Keep sinking the axe and dividing up hunters. We've all got way bigger problems on the horizon than allocation issues. Or maybe you have an agenda for the division as do a few others.

BgBlkDg
04-09-2015, 03:47 PM
Oh, really, you have posted a falsehood here about me in that I have NEVER attempted to intimidate anyone on RS or elsewhere. Keep it up and see what an action for defamation will feel like, I am NOT a person to tolerate illiterate falsehoods libelling me.

The crack about ...intoxicated... is very close and I will take action if this continues. I don't know you, would never speak to someone like you and find your rants pathetic, but, no more slurs, get it.

Whonnock Boy
04-09-2015, 03:47 PM
I guess some people such as yourself will never understand that wildlife on LEH should not be being sold through guide outfitters. Nice to know that mature bull moose draws in region 8 are going to be averaging somewhere around 55:1 this year. Let's not forget all the attempts by go's to diminish opportunity. Just recently another private suggestion came in from a guide wanting to put mulies on LEH for 3 point or better for trophy management. Numbers from the spin master Liberals, and the drum they beat have fooled many, but not those in the know. To add insult to the process, guides are able to fill their own freezers, and feed their own families as a by product of these sales.

https://wm-s.glb.shawcable.net/service/home/~/?auth=co&id=21603&part=2

so let's work on fixing some of them.

ruger#1
04-09-2015, 03:52 PM
Wow. I thought the fight was with the Liberals. In fighting we do not need. Band together, Fight together.

BgBlkDg
04-09-2015, 03:58 PM
No, the REAL fight is with the wealthy foreigners and the GOs, who seem to think that we are not the owners of BC/Canada. Anyway, 'nuff said, my point here is made and I need to pack for the range tomorrow.

ruger#1
04-09-2015, 04:04 PM
No, the REAL fight is with the wealthy foreigners and the GOs, who seem to think that we are not the owners of BC/Canada. Anyway, 'nuff said, my point here is made and I need to pack for the range tomorrow.
Ok, When you drive by my place.Wave.

goatdancer
04-09-2015, 04:08 PM
Teck Resources Ltd. ...... Trail B.C.
Polluting the Columbia ....

It's foolish to paint all Americans as you do ....

Hanford nuclear reactor and it's radioactive fallout doesn't seem to recognize the border.........

bearvalley
04-09-2015, 04:09 PM
Numbers from the spin master Liberals, and the drum they beat have fooled many, but not those in the know.

Several guys have asked "the ones in the know" to put up some factual numbers on here, if different true numbers exist. They're still waiting.

boxhitch
04-09-2015, 04:10 PM
I agree with foxtail..
After reading YOUR post on ROCK SLIDE, it SEEMS like ALL you have DONE is make a FOOL of YOUR SELF and paint all of US with the same brush... lol. Making threats about bc residents disrupting hunts isn't cool in my eyes and not sportsman like behavior by any means. Sure we have a fight with GO'S but if that was going on in another country and I had lets say gone on my dream hunt for new Zealand red stag and some resident threatened my hunt because of his fight with my guide wouldn't impress me too much.. I think your heart was in the right place but you went about it with the wrong manner and in turn just gave us bc residents a bad image..I agree , good post
Bg , who gave you the podium to speak for the RH's of BC ? If you are going to go off on a rant and spew your anti - americanism , be speaking for yourself. Others will speak out with you , if they are of the same mind , but leave it up to them . Not everyone feels your tactic is a good one.

ps - the only Yankees there are are at a stadium in the Bronx

bearvalley
04-09-2015, 04:21 PM
Oh, really, you have posted a falsehood here about me in that I have NEVER attempted to intimidate anyone on RS or elsewhere. Keep it up and see what an action for defamation will feel like, I am NOT a person to tolerate illiterate falsehoods libelling me.

The crack about ...intoxicated... is very close and I will take action if this continues. I don't know you, would never speak to someone like you and find your rants pathetic, but, no more slurs, get it.
BgBlkDg, I'm sure your an expert in the defamation department. A quick google of your name and internet alias's and the affiliated comments are interesting to say the least.
The "crack" about intoxicated was simply a question. But take it how you like.
As many seem to post to cover their ass....."Thats just my opinion".

Whonnock Boy
04-09-2015, 04:22 PM
There have been plenty of numbers posted, some just choose to ignore them. Region 5 historic moose harvest comes to mind, and it has been the death of a thousand cuts to the resident hunter.

Several guys have asked "the ones in the know" to put up some factual numbers on here, if different true numbers exist. They're still waiting.

untilthelastbeat
04-09-2015, 04:34 PM
I'm not going to argue with anybody over my opinion because most of the time its comparable to yelling at a wall but I do find it interesting that the one thing that were suposed to be uniting over and fixing is completely tearing us apart from the inside out.. we're never going to all agree on one solution or way to deal with it but maybe we should be keeping our opinions to ourselves unless they are positive. .. im starting to really understand why some people are leaving/not contributing to the site anymore. It's really sad in a way

BgBlkDg
04-09-2015, 04:43 PM
I agree , good post
Bg , who gave you the podium to speak for the RH's of BC ? If you are going to go off on a rant and spew your anti - americanism , be speaking for yourself. Others will speak out with you , if they are of the same mind , but leave it up to them . Not everyone feels your tactic is a good one.

ps - the only Yankees there are are at a stadium in the Bronx

Well, I guess that ONLY you and your acolytes have that right, eh? You amuse me and I find your comments hilarious.

proguide66
04-09-2015, 04:43 PM
I haven't logged on here in months....and this was the first read.... wow.... join a forum ,get the boot , attack 36 million individuals and try and spread the attack ......wtf ? is there any cool stuff on here anymore ?

BgBlkDg
04-09-2015, 04:48 PM
Why the over-simplification, maybe the influence of "guiding"?

Whatever, I encounter BC born people every day who feel exactly as I do and we will win. The guides here are simply using the same old tactics, but, finally, people are beginning to awaken to the factual realities of US influence in OUR resource decisions.

BgBlkDg
04-09-2015, 04:50 PM
I'm not going to argue with anybody over my opinion because most of the time its comparable to yelling at a wall but I do find it interesting that the one thing that were suposed to be uniting over and fixing is completely tearing us apart from the inside out.. we're never going to all agree on one solution or way to deal with it but maybe we should be keeping our opinions to ourselves unless they are positive. .. im starting to really understand why some people are leaving/not contributing to the site anymore. It's really sad in a way

NO offence intended to you, but, this is and has been inevitable for several years and the GOs are the ones who have shafted us; the side effects are just not as important as winning OUR rights back and my sympathy is no longer with foreigners or GOs.

300rum700
04-09-2015, 04:59 PM
I haven't logged on here in months....and this was the first read.... wow.... join a forum ,get the boot , attack 36 million individuals and try and spread the attack ......wtf ? is there any cool stuff on here anymore ?

....nope....

Daybreak
04-09-2015, 05:06 PM
While some do not like BgBlkDg's opinion or approach to this issue I believe his message is correct. There are many American hunters with extremely deep pockets. I can imagine the lobbying and funding they are doing behind the scenes to keep the GOABC strong. Money is what fuels the GOABC's position and their influence. It sure as hell it isn't all coming from 250 resident GO's. This problem is not going away and will only get worse.

Our own government is trying to turn their back on us. They are not listening.

We have clearly voiced our thoughts province wide to no avail.

At this point, the only way I can see to fix this problem is to starve it out. I'd be fully content to close the door to foreign hunters. We have everything we need in our own backyards yet it is steadily being sold out. I don't need to cross any borders to get my fill of hunting yet it seems my son might in the years to come.
How many of us RH's actually do travel outside of Canada to hunt? Only a tiny percentage I say.

Many of us have been embroiled in this issue for 4 solid months, day and night, trying every means imaginable to remedy it. If there were no non residents this problem would not exist and the last four months could have been time well spent focused on habitat, animal numbers and preservation. Everything about this is backwards. We are struggling to maintain our opportunity's while others are slipping out the back door with them.

Starve them out and lop off the head. Problem solved and time to move onto the legitimate issues.

Gateholio
04-09-2015, 05:09 PM
Regardless as to him being Willy 442, he got the punt.
Attacking people and making false allegations seems to be quiet commonplace, as long as it's done selectively.
I personally don't know Bill, but do respect that he is a hunter and has a lot of knowledge to share, even though it wasn't what all wanted to hear.
There still are a few rednecks out there that tell it like it is. JMO

Many of us are quite capable of @telling it like it is" within forum guidelines, without harassing other hunters for perfectly legal activities and without making false allegations.

untilthelastbeat
04-09-2015, 05:11 PM
I'm also finding it funny how you titled this thread "Typical Yankee arrogance" when if you read your "warnings" on this US forum and follow your posts here, you are clearly more arrogant and opinionated than anyone else in the conversation... maybe time to re - title this thread.

BgBlkDg
04-09-2015, 05:17 PM
"Argumentum ad Hominem" is a poor substitute for factual discussion, but, it is what those with either an agenda or a lack of knowledge often use.

scoutlt1
04-09-2015, 05:37 PM

Sucks that you haven't been on here for a while. I can only speak for myself but your posts, and pics, have always been the most enjoyable on here.
You are right. These websites should be overrun with amazing hunting stories, the coolest pictures....all of that great stuff! We all know they're out there!!!
That is what this site, and sites like this, should be about!

I'll be the first to admit that I get "sidetracked" with bitching and moaning about all the other stuff, and understand why so many others go there too...

We have to celebrate the sport/activity that we all enjoy. And we need to share that.

I'm going to make a point to post pics of my scouting trips, with the awesome scenery I've only shared (until now) with my son(s), and of course all the kills we manage this year....

Foxtail
04-09-2015, 05:55 PM

I'm pretty cool...

ruger#1
04-09-2015, 05:57 PM
I'm pretty cool...

Ha Ha. Like a fridge.

chrismcd
04-09-2015, 06:39 PM
my bucket of popcorn is empty, worth the read. i love these thread. lol i especially like how some people think candaians and americans are different. some are nice and some are dongs on both sides of that useless line we draw across the land

yamadirt 426
04-09-2015, 08:09 PM
While I am somewhat of a protectionist I could not support a total american ban. I have family in the states that I would like to hunt with up here and also would like to hunt with them down there. I do think a GO should be BC canadian O/O %100. but as a bc tax payer I should be able to take out my own family . Anyone else applying should be on leh from the states and then left to pick a GO if successful

troutseeker
04-09-2015, 08:30 PM
We will get Alaska back! Soon! Bwahahahahaha

ElectricDyck
04-09-2015, 08:41 PM
I find it pretty hard to get worked up about comments on a forum... .every forum has it's popular new product....it's core group of opinionated people...people who talk sh1t and then are quite reasonable in real life...Speaking of Americuh I do enjoy Alaska Outdoor Forums, pretty good conversation on there, quite respectful, I think cause the chance of running into the guy you spout off to is probably quite high either that or it's a small town thing...

goatdancer
04-09-2015, 09:05 PM

Look, a squirrel.............

Sofa King
04-09-2015, 09:13 PM
You've got to keep in mind that they are letting us Canadians do DIY hunts in the states for many animals. Even sheep. I think you are the one with the entitlement issues.

The forum is no different than this one. Bash a sponser people don't last long.

this.

the op seems a little too worked up over the allocation fiasco.
and yeah, op, good luck with "banning americans from hunting/angling".
that's one of the dumbest things i've heard.
why are people placing blame, etc, on everything under the sun in defiance of the allocation.
it isn't the American hunters' faults, or wholesale sports', or even the guides themselves, the bc government is the one who approved it, blame them.
and saying that you'll "do patrols and confront any americans you see and tell them they aren't welcome"???????? don't be such an idiot. that's tainting not only our Canadian friendliness, but also hurting our hunters' image even more as well.
stop further driving a wedge between like-minded outdoorsmen and enjoy life, what little you have left.
life's way too short to be getting all worked up over this stuff.
go hunt, go fish, and enjoy the things that you can control.

BgBlkDg
04-10-2015, 02:31 AM
I am sorry to be so "dumb", however, I tend to laugh at such jibes from those whose comments are posted in language that sounds rather like that of a 3rd grade failure.

To be clear, I would never engage in ANY form of illegal or "non-peaceful" behaviour, that is not how people like me won the fight to preserve some of BC's remaining wilderness from industrial devastation and my techniques will resemble those employed by aboriginal demonstrators as these WORK.

I will, of course, keep copies of ALL pertinent Canadian/BC laws/statutes with me so that I can be completely sure of my currently legal rights in respect of peaceful protest-demonstrations. This, will include a current copy of The CCoC, particularly Sections 33-37 inclusive, which deal with what rights to "self-defence" we now have in Canada. This, because I have been threatened by GOs and American stooges in the past and WILL defend myself.

The American trophy collector who comes to BC to kill one of our rare animals, is NOT a ...like minded... person to a BC native and hunter-conservationist such as I am, the comparison is odious. However, I hardly require a lecture from you as to ...Canadian... values of ANY type, given my personal and family background.

Simply put, easy to understand, the time has come for REAL BCers and our fellow Canadians to protect OUR resources from foreign exploitation and eventual control. I intend to try to do my part in that now as I have in past decades.

SR80
04-10-2015, 06:59 AM
I am sorry to be so "dumb", however, I tend to laugh at such jibes from those whose comments are posted in language that sounds rather like that of a 3rd grade failure.

To be clear, I would never engage in ANY form of illegal or "non-peaceful" behaviour, that is not how people like me won the fight to preserve some of BC's remaining wilderness from industrial devastation and my techniques will resemble those employed by aboriginal demonstrators as these WORK.

I will, of course, keep copies of ALL pertinent Canadian/BC laws/statutes with me so that I can be completely sure of my currently legal rights in respect of peaceful protest-demonstrations. This, will include a current copy of The CCoC, particularly Sections 33-37 inclusive, which deal with what rights to "self-defence" we now have in Canada. This, because I have been threatened by GOs and American stooges in the past and WILL defend myself.

The American trophy collector who comes to BC to kill one of our rare animals, is NOT a ...like minded... person to a BC native and hunter-conservationist such as I am, the comparison is odious. However, I hardly require a lecture from you as to ...Canadian... values of ANY type, given my personal and family background.

Simply put, easy to understand, the time has come for REAL BCers and our fellow Canadians to protect OUR resources from foreign exploitation and eventual control. I intend to try to do my part in that now as I have in past decades.

You are coo coo man. Its quite funny that you got banned from rokslide, oh yah, but you had already left you said. But were still writing a pm to a guy trying to scare him from coming into BC for a goat hunt. A guy was just asking for advice on place to go for a goat hunt, not to start fight. Aron is a good guy. Go outside man.

BgBlkDg
04-10-2015, 07:07 AM
Yeah, man, I will sure do whatever,man, hey man,.......laffin'.....

BiG Boar
04-10-2015, 07:21 AM
BgBlkDg
Is there ANY way I can GET you to STOP YELLING mid sentence. I really STRUGGLE reading your posts because YOU DO this SO often, and its VERY hard to read and ANNOYING.

Wouldn't it just be nice to read a sentence and not have to work to read it? I realize you may be a person with some anger issues. But try punctuation to get your point across please!

ACE
04-10-2015, 07:25 AM
You're a "Real BCer" ..... ?
So are the thousands of sportsmen/women in the Allocation dispute.
There was a reason Rokslide gave you the 'punt' ......
Get some fresh air, a cuppa' joe, and quite painting everyone with your brush .....

Gateholio
04-10-2015, 07:31 AM
And.....................