PDA

View Full Version : Off Season Fix

untilthelastbeat
04-07-2015, 07:49 PM
So the off season is hard on all of us.. All we have now is memories of last season and upcoming expectations of this season.
I have read about it for years but this is the first year I am experiencing the build up to sheep hunting.. its exiting to think about what the early season and the alpine have to offer this year and especially exhilarating having never experienced it before.
Hours of staring at Google Earth. Visions of rams and shale slides every time I look at my rifle. Wondering how all the new equipment will work.
Alot of us are changing our lives and burning off some winter fat getting into sheep shape. Taking every available opportunity to exercise and hike.
Our girlfriends and wives are about ready to shoot themselves if they have to watch one more YouTube sheep hunt lol.. the addiction is setting in hard for me and I know it has set in long ago for alot of you so let's hear it. How do you deal with the constant thought of the mountains and the upcoming year? What eases your mind about the big rams waiting for you? What do you do to keep yourself busy?

Sylus
04-09-2015, 08:27 AM
How do you deal with the constant thought of the mountains and the upcoming year? What eases your mind about the big rams waiting for you? What do you do to keep yourself busy?

Badly, haha as in a lot of stuff that needs getting done doesn't get done... Cause I am spending all my time thinking about hunting!! No sheep for me this year but I do have some mountain hunts planned, so if I start to obsess I try and get active to work off some of that energy. Also helps me ease my mind as to whether or not I will be in good enough shape for the hunt, cause that is a thought that crosses my mind a lot.