PDA

View Full Version : Rifle sling

kush
04-03-2015, 12:18 AM
When you have two front "holes?" on the stalk of your rifle, do you attach your sling to the one closer to the muzzle or action?
Is there 2 for preference, or just if using a bi-pod?

Tīɡ
04-03-2015, 12:28 AM
Most of the time guys will put the bi-pod on the front stud and the sling on the second when using both. I find when just using one of the 2 studs for a sling, that using the most forward stud makes the gun sit nicer on your shoulder. But each to his own, there is no "right" way to do it, just what works best for you. Play around with it and see where your preference lies and go from there.

dakoda62
04-03-2015, 06:43 AM
My bipod has an attachment that allows me to attach sling to bipod.

Foxton Gundogs
04-03-2015, 07:51 AM
Most of the time guys will put the bi-pod on the front stud and the sling on the second when using both. I find when just using one of the 2 studs for a sling, that using the most forward stud makes the gun sit nicer on your shoulder. But each to his own, there is no "right" way to do it, just what works best for you. Play around with it and see where your preference lies and go from there.

My bipod has an attachment that allows me to attach sling to bipod.

What they said You want to use the rear stud for a sling as if you use the front the rear COULD dig into your shoulder when carrying the rifle.

hoochie
04-18-2015, 10:52 PM
If it was me, I'd figure out which one I wanted to use ( most likely the more rearward one) and remove the other. No reason for 2.