PDA

View Full Version : Spring Bear Open - Cheakamus forest access rd

MikeRogers
04-01-2015, 06:59 PM
Hey there, new to the forum. I was wondering if anyone has had any luck with spring bear up in the Cheakamus forest access rd area? (well past whistler bungee)

Tīɡ
04-01-2015, 07:04 PM
Been up that way before I started hunting, make sure you're in a legal area and you are gonna do well! Just put the time in...which probably won't be that much :wink:

MikeRogers
04-01-2015, 07:33 PM
Appreciate the response! I think I am good in this area, there is a no shooting area right around Whistler in 2-09 and 2-11 but this access road is in 2-07. Also its well outside the municipalities boundaries. It was deactivated a couple years ago after a certain point. We will see how it goes.

rifleman
04-01-2015, 07:36 PM
hope ya get one... should be some early bears with all this warm weather.... their food source is already started to show up...

Tīɡ
04-01-2015, 07:57 PM
Appreciate the response! I think I am good in this area, there is a no shooting area right around Whistler in 2-09 and 2-11 but this access road is in 2-07. Also its well outside the municipalities boundaries. It was deactivated a couple years ago after a certain point. We will see how it goes.

Good to hear, post up any success!

MikeRogers
04-03-2015, 07:14 PM
Hiked up the Cheakamus Forest access road today for roughly 4 km past the first deactivation. The hike was easy enough the only tricky thing was getting over the creeks where the forestry crews have pulled up the bridges and culverts. I didn't see any sign of bears moving around the area just yet. The trees are just starting green up. I had noticed someone had placed a trail cam along the way so there is interest in the area. It has obviously been a while since the last active logging has taken place in the area and the cut blocks have grown over leaving very little to glass other then the road. I had plans to cross the highway and take a drive down another set of forestry service roads I have been down in the past but the day was cut short when I found the hardware missing from the front left shock on the truck forcing a slow return to Vancouver for repairs.