PDA

View Full Version : Vortex Warranty Service

Cyrus
04-01-2015, 06:00 PM
My Viper HD 10x42 ocular piece became loose last season and did not want to adjust. Sent them in and got them back very quickly with new bino covers that had split on me in the cold last year. Just wanted to say that Vortex was very good to deal with and kept me informed as to what was going on. Was normally 4-6 weeks for processing but had them back in 2 weeks. Nice to get good service and will buy another one of their products again!

Sarge789
04-01-2015, 06:14 PM
Good to hear, I just got a set. Thanks for sharing... Too often only near the negatives

keoke
04-01-2015, 07:40 PM
Sounds way better than 6-8 months

killman
04-01-2015, 08:33 PM
Good thing they have good warranty. Seems to be needed .Mine did the same.

bubba350
04-02-2015, 12:07 AM
I crossthreaded the windage adjustment cap om my viper hslr and the whole turret backed out. In less than 7 days i had a brand new one on my gun. Great company almost all my optics are vortex.

Tīɡ
04-02-2015, 12:32 AM
Thru a calamity of errors from a defective one piece base to some rookie mistakes. My dad's crossfire II got absolutely destroyed by the recoil of his gun. The main tube got a serious dent in it and a lens inside become dislodged and was lying sideways. Vortex replaced it no questions asked, had it back in 2 weeks time. Great company!

noth615
04-02-2015, 06:20 AM
I just sent my Talon HD 10 x 42 back the culmination alignment between the two barrels is off and, this was giving me a Headache, since the day I bought them ......been 4 weeks and had awesome relation dealing with Vortex Canada department, but I can't say the same for the vortex customer service I dealt with from the states. The lady didn't seem to happy that I was calling to inquire about my binoculars, but she agreed two email me updates.........it's almost been two weeks since she agreed and, I haven't even got an email to tell me that they have received my binoculars from vortex Canada.

300win
04-02-2015, 06:58 AM
I have a pair and nothing so far, great to hear you had a good experience Cyrus Thanks for sharing!! 300

Fisher-Dude
04-02-2015, 10:18 AM
I've just read about more warranty claims in a day old thread on Vortex than I have in a year about Leupold.

The best warranty is the one you don't have to use. ;)

todbartell
04-02-2015, 12:06 PM
Leupold warranty is good, but Vortex is better.

mikeboehm
04-02-2015, 12:15 PM
Leupold warranty is good, but Vortex is better.

Actually leupolds warranty is better than vortex. because you wont need to use it, pretty sure in a few years of hard use with vortex you will have to send them in.

todbartell
04-02-2015, 12:21 PM
Actually I've sent in dozens of Leupolds to be fixed, including a brand new scope that was faulty out of the box. Leupold was given instruction to upgrade to next model bill us the difference if it couldnt be fixed. They couldnt fix it, so sent back a new scope of the original model, with no box or manual. It just showed up bubbled wrapped in a cardboard box with no lens covers. We ended up ordering the next model up for the customer and Leupold refused to accept return the replacement. Ended up flogging it online for hundreds less than we paid for it Great service there!

On the other hand I sent in my personal scope to Vortex, their top end model Razor HD 5-20x. Illumination never worked from new, wasn't a big dea because I could care less about that feature. When I decided to sell my Razor to upgrade to the new Gen2 Razor, I sent in my scope to get the illumantion fixed before selling it online. They sent it back to me in 2 weeks and the illimination still didnt work right. I called Vortex and they sent me a brand new Razor ($2500 scope) with shipping labels to ship my old Razor back to them. That there is top notch service

I'm far from a Leupold hater, I enjoy their products and feel they make some great stuff. And typically their warranty is good, but they're far from perfect.

Fisher-Dude
04-02-2015, 01:25 PM
Vortex......

http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/b29/ec0/20a/resized/crazy-eyes-meme-generator-i-dont-see-anything-wrong-with-it-a1b3af.jpg

BRvalley
04-02-2015, 03:26 PM
no company is perfect, but I do appreciate I haven't had to use my leupold warranties...had to use vortex twice, fast turnaround and sent me a new product each time, great service but would prefer if I didn't need to use it, regardless I have no issue buying more vortex

mikeboehm
04-02-2015, 03:28 PM
no brand is perfect thats true, but i read way more vortex products being sent in for warranty. i was at WSS a few years ago in langley and 2 brand new vortex vipers had crosshairs not properly aligned(pretty bad actually) i had to send in my vortex products a viper scope and binos both for warranty. i gave them a chance and they failed. Ive actually never had a bushnell product fail on me nor a leupold. will i give Vortex another change maybe down the road but not anytime soon

ruger#1
04-02-2015, 03:53 PM
Vortex......

http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/b29/ec0/20a/resized/crazy-eyes-meme-generator-i-dont-see-anything-wrong-with-it-a1b3af.jpg

Ha Ha, Pat. That is the same picture on your drivers license.

REMINGTON JIM
04-02-2015, 09:42 PM
Ha Ha, Pat. That is the same picture on your drivers license.

I think your right - ! LMAO ! :lol: RJ

troutseeker
04-02-2015, 09:57 PM
I sent a spotting scope to Vortex on warranty. My fault, I fell on a log and the scope body broke on impact (side pocket of a MR6500 full of deer). They were replacing it no questions asked, but I called and asked if I could upgrade to a higher model, and they let me for not much more moola!

Stainless
04-08-2015, 10:41 PM
I recently lost my front covers for my Diamondbacks and was going to buy them from grouse river. Before that I sent Vortex a quick email and they immediately asked for my address and I had new ones in a week or so. For all my future optic purchases I am picking Vortex.

JCP
07-04-2015, 02:43 PM
[QUOTE=Fisher-Dude;1626071]I've just read about more warranty claims in a day old thread on Vortex than I have in a year about Leupold.

You see, that's what Vortex sells and markets. An exceptional warranty for a middle of the line product.

Gateholio
07-04-2015, 03:24 PM
I just had good service from Leupold warranty. Not the first time I've used Leupold for service and I'm sure not the last. Stuff can break.Every companies stuff can break

BCBRAD
07-04-2015, 03:42 PM
I have two PST's, they do as advertised , don't know anything about their warranty.

jimzuk
07-04-2015, 09:47 PM
I sent back a rangefinder that wouldn't range more than 300 yds . They sent a new replacement right away. The thing I really liked is they sent me an e mail letting me know they had received the rangefinder, when they processed the claim and then the tracking number for the replacement. I have never had anyone do that on any other claims.