PDA

View Full Version : Steelhead Guide Suggestions

Sarge789
04-01-2015, 09:43 AM
Looking into getting a guided trip to show me how to hook up more steelhead (as in more than zero) on the fly. Seen a few operations that sound good, but this late in the season I'm not even sure what system would be most productive (thinking Squamish?).

Anyone use use any companies they would suggest? My aim here is to learn as much as possible.

thanks,

Sarge

JustinG
04-01-2015, 09:54 AM
Chilliwack / Vedder system can be good in April. Contact Pacific Angler in Vancouver. They do trips (and on River Courses).

steel_ram
04-01-2015, 10:19 AM
There are a few rivers that have late run "winter" fish, but for the most part, guides will refrain from targeting steelhead when the majority of the fish are spawning or recovering.

04-01-2015, 11:28 AM
I'll help you out for free ....... if your interested, I just like to see new fishers getting into it. PM me if ya want, I'm likely headed up to the Vedder tomorrow. Can meet you if ya want.

CT

Stone Sheep Steve
04-01-2015, 12:29 PM
I'll help you out for free ....... if your interested, I just like to see new fishers getting into it. PM me if ya want, I'm likely headed up to the Vedder tomorrow. Can meet you if ya want.

CT

That's very generous of you, curly!!!

Sarge789
04-01-2015, 04:17 PM
Very generous indeed! Always impressed with the helpful manner of fellow outdoorsman. I've sent you a PM curly.

how late do the steelhead run in these rivers? I'm looking forward to the pink run this year.. Plenty of salmon coming up if the steelhead aren't around too long!

04-01-2015, 04:33 PM
No problem at all. Guides can and will likely show ya more but why put out the $$ if ya dont have too. Learning to read the water where the Steel lie is most important along with how you present the offering that will hook ya up. This Particular Run on the Vedder is open to float or driftfishers till the end of April, then it goes Fly only for May. The main run Likely peaked in Feb or March.

CT