PDA

View Full Version : Defender question

Macgregor
04-08-2007, 10:15 PM
Hey guys. I was surprised I didn't get more of a response from my question about the defender. Maybe it was the way I worded it. If I can't find the answer from the guys on this site I'm not sure I can. I have a 12 gauge defender that holds 7 shells. This is very handy on hikes when you might need protection (hopefully that never happens) but you never know. I wouldn't personally never use the gun for hunting but I know if someone did they would need a plug in it. My question is would I get nailed for illegal firearms if I was out hiking with it fully loaded. I want to get into better sheep shape pretty quick here so any info would be very appreciated.
Darrin.

JoshLedoux
04-08-2007, 10:40 PM
as long as youre not hiking around ubc then no.

Tinney
04-08-2007, 10:45 PM
Yes, it is legal to carry an 'un-plugged' shotgun while NOT hunting migratory waterfowl

Gateholio
04-08-2007, 11:07 PM
You are legally entitled to defend yourself from harm.

You can legally carry a firearm in the bush for non hutning purposes.

The BC regulations allow you to carry a manual repeating shotgun with as many rounds you like of single proectile ammunition, fo r bg game hunting purposes.

Slugs are far more effective than any sort of shot for defensie purposes.

I think you are good to go:lol:

Macgregor
04-08-2007, 11:07 PM
Thanks guys. And no I won't be on the green trails.:lol:

overthetop
04-08-2007, 11:16 PM
Like gatehouse said, only if it's not a semi auto.

Gateholio
04-08-2007, 11:26 PM
Like gatehouse said, only if it's not a semi auto.

Semi Auto centerfire rifles and shotguns are restricted to a magazine capacity of 5 rouns, per Federal firearms laws.

hunter1947
04-09-2007, 04:52 AM
You can't take the plug out ,it is breaking the law. But if it were me and i was in grizzly country and had meat on my back ,sure i would pull the plug and keep it under my belt ,think about it what is the chances of a co finding you in no mans land. When you get to within 100 yards of the truck ,put the plug back in the gun. hunter 1947.

boxhitch
04-09-2007, 07:25 AM
H19 - you are wrong. Regs state the facts clearly, on page 17.

boxhitch
04-09-2007, 07:28 AM
Macgregor - would have responded sooner, but thought with time you may search out the info for yourself. BC Hunting Regulations cover it all (pertaining to hunting)