PDA

View Full Version : West Kotenay Archers' Annual Spring Shoot

Brez
03-29-2015, 10:11 PM
Just a note to let everyone know that the West Kootenay Archers' Spring Shoot will be on its usual weekend of April 18th and 19th just outside of Trail, B.C.
45 targets Saturday and 30 targets on Sunday with 3 courses of 15 Rhinehart and
McKenzie targets.
Course opens 7 am. Concession open from breakfast to dinner.
All classes and ages welcome.
adults - $40, youths - $20, cubs - free, family - $80, 1 day - 1/2 price.
Unfortunately, no camping is allowed on site this year, but there are campgrounds within a few kms, as well as reasonably priced motels.
Come enjoy a great shoot and bring your turkey hunting gear!
pm me and I can forward the posters and location maps.

Brez
03-30-2015, 11:12 AM
If you've never been before, it's a nice spot. There's a herd of mountain goats living and calving on the rocks above the range. Deer and turkeys are all around there as well. You could be shooting and watching eagles and black bear harassing the goats. I've been hearing that the walleye and pike fishing is pretty good right now and the trout are always biting. If a person decides to hunt the turkeys, they'd run into elk just about everywhere.

calvin L
03-31-2015, 07:23 AM
It's to bad teck is not allowing camping . It has always been one of my top 3 shoots to go to . That doesn't mean I am not planning to be there . At this point I will be there .

Brez
03-31-2015, 07:32 AM
looking forward to seeing you again Calvin. Might have to see if Jay will let us use his place next year.

calvin L
03-31-2015, 12:39 PM
we will have to hide his bag pipes :mrgreen:

Brez
04-06-2015, 01:41 PM
just a bump and reminder, folks.