PDA

View Full Version : Kamloops 3D April 18/19

montec assassin
03-29-2015, 08:26 PM
Hi All, A reminder of our upcoming Kamloops shoot April 18th and 19th. We were able to change our date this year to avoid conflicting with a major shoot on the coast again. I'm hoping this allows a few more archers the opportunity to come out to Kamloops and shoot in some terrain that may be unfamiliar to many. There is camping available on site. The locked gate to the grounds will be open all weekend starting friday to allow for early arrivals if necessary. The shoot takes place at our Kamloops Target Sports Association grounds at the end of Hillside drive past the correctional institute. All Rinehart targets. Two twenty target courses to be shot each day.

Hope to see you there
Myles

greybark
03-29-2015, 09:06 PM
:)Hey Myles , five or six Tradies from Chilliwack are planning to be there .
Cheers

Redo
03-30-2015, 10:37 PM
One of my favourite shoots each year. This year I am hitting the apple!

montec assassin
03-31-2015, 08:13 PM
FYI, We've struck up a relationship with Doubletree by Hilton Hotel in Kamloops. Although there is camping on site, if anyone was planning on staying in a hotel, Doubletree has donated to our club and is offering reduced rates for our guests. There will be promotional material on site but Tyson Andrykew from the hotel can be contacted beforehand at 250 851 0026 if preferred.

sum-hunter
04-07-2015, 09:51 PM
Look forward to this shoot every year!

Dachande
04-10-2015, 03:59 PM
My daughter and I are looking forward to attending this event. It will be a fun time for all.

swamper
04-10-2015, 04:40 PM
Coming down from Quesnel for the first time. Looking forward to a new challenge.

Dachande
04-19-2015, 04:55 PM
Great job on the shoot. Me and my daughter had a blast today and loved everything from the shoot, the food and the company.
BJ Moore

hardnocks
04-19-2015, 05:13 PM
first time I have shot Kamloops that the wind wasn`t a factor :shock: nice day good shoot.

mddat
04-19-2015, 05:17 PM
It was a beautiful day, great setup on the course, very much enjoyed!

greybark
04-19-2015, 08:22 PM
Hats off to Marc Britton , Myles Tuba and the Six others who helped organise and set out the Course . We Mainlanders thought the Sage brush landscape and almost complete lack of trees wasn`t condusive to a #-D event . Boy were we wrong , the surprising varients of land and ground cover provided Marc , Myles and their staff with target placement that was tough and fair . All shot venues were covered , up and down hill , across valleys , blind shot , hillside launches and skyliners to name but a few .
In over 38 years of archery this course from a Traditional point of view ranks in my Top Three and if I shot better would be in theTop Two . LOL ...
Well done All and am looking forward to next years with even more Mainland Tradies .
Cheers

hardnocks
04-20-2015, 07:02 AM
Ken was that you with that group of tradys behind every target looking for arrows holding everyone up. lol

Red arch
04-20-2015, 07:49 AM
Next year I would love to make it, should be able to.

For future reference if anyone is up to any further walking after I suggest taking a walk along the ridge trail in Kenna Cartwright park. View in the evening over Kamloops lake is spectacular!

(the park is located just off of the copperhead drive exit on the North side of the freeway to the east of the prison)

greybark
04-20-2015, 01:49 PM
Ken was that you with that group of tradys behind every target looking for arrows holding everyone up. lol

Hey Merv , we wondered what those drag lines in the dust on the course were . Heck it was from your bino`s . LOL
Cheers Sealevel ....